shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress Alteration Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered this dress online today at a super super bargain, at about 68% discount. I ordered it in a size 8, which is my size, but I am little worried because I am a 34DD (TMI!!!) and tend to need bigger sizes (usually a 10) on dresses or shirts that are tight on top. I also hardly ever wear strapless dresses because of this, but I just had to order this dress because I fell in love with it. I am hoping that the dress will be tight enough to stay up =) but not too tight that it won''t fit. Finally, my question is...if it doesn''t fit, are there any alterations you think could be made to the top to make it fit?!?!?! TIA!

BadgleyMischkaTullePailletteDress.jpg

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
I have a strapless dress like that but I can''t fit in the bust area (too roomy for me :)). I went creative, add my own strap, it became a haltertop. I sew one end of the strap on the dress and at the other end of the strap a hook. Hope this helps.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
It may be a lot easier to order it in a size that fits your top. The skirt would be a breeze to alter, as opposed to reworking the bustline.

LS

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure...but it is an adorable dress!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unless there is a surplus of material in the seams it would be very hard to make it bigger to fit you. If the bust area were too small, that would be much easier to alter.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
The only thing that I can think of would be to make a corset back...which could get expensive and also depends on how strong the material is. I''m the biggest fan of having things altered so the garment works for you (bless Stacy and Clinton!) but typically if you want to do that, you have to go bigger. If it''s just a teensy bit too tight, there may be seams that can be let out, but usually you''ll only get an inch or two this way and it can make the dress more delicate (ie, can rip easily). I had seams let out once on a dress that had seams at the rib cage but the dress was made out of heavy satin and luckily had deep seams - the seamstress said that most dresses don''t.

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
I am your size on top and I don''t think the cut of the dress is suited for large busted women...

It is a cute dress !.. The band under the bust would probably be another issue

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t help much with your question, but that is an adorable dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results