shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamer''s reset help thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I think a three stone would be gorgeous and give you the blingy look you''re after!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
I just want to say I love you ring as is today, its such a lovely solitaire in such a PRETTY setting!
But if I had to choose one of your options above I would say 3-stone for sure. With your lovely stone plus 2 side stones would look great! Cant wait to hear what you choose!

Kay

Ideal_Rock

If you love the 3-stone look and can afford to do it now, then go for it. I usually just don''t wear my e-ring at home with the baby.

I love Griffitk''s 3-stone ring from Whiteflash with 1.9 ct center and .3 ct sides. Yum!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/newbie-with-a-new-sparkly-ering.38513/

Or, you could get the gorgeous Sholdt semi bezel for now, then have a colored stone cut to put in that setting when you are ready for a 3-stone for your diamond.

WF 3-Stone Trellis RB.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you really want the 3 stone. So go for the three stone. Insure it and take it off around the kid(s) for your comfort.

I just LOVE several of the 3 stones posted here.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
As usual, so helpful! Thanks so much.

Date: 1/30/2010 1:48:30 AM
Author: october2008bride
Is your ring insured? If so, I would go with the three stone :) Unless you love the bezel look, I''d go with the setting you prefer and not worry about banging it up etc. Granted, if one of the options was a pave encrusted setting maybe I''d feel differently, but as between a three stone and a semi bezel, I''d go for the blingy three stone!!
Yes, it is insured. I suppose since it is, then I shouldn''t worry about it. But a big part of me really *does* want a ring like the Etoile or something easy to wear and super practical that I can not worry about, that won''t catch on things.... but good point about insurance, certainly.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2010 9:29:12 AM
Author: vespergirl
Dreamer, I love 3 stone rings, so I love idea nunmber 1. I think that the .3 ct sides would be perfect.
You know what is a total fly in the ointment though? Today when DH and I were out at the mall I popped into a jewelry stone and the very helpful lady at the counter let me hold different sized diamonds next to my ring so I could get a *real life* idea of the proportions I liked.

And the .30s were too small for me! It looks a little too dainty for my liking. On a really small finger, killer. On my hands and with my style, too small.

I liked to look of the .45s the best -- ~5mm diamonds next to my 6.8mm. So I am thinking that .40s to .50s is my sweet spot.

But that size falls into the middle ground that most people thought doesn''t work well proportionately. I wouldn''t want to make a mistake if Iwent with the 3 stone! How do I decide?? You can''t live with it and see, ya know?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2010 9:41:26 AM
Author: Lorelei
What about a Meyer bezel a la Coaties?
30.gif
I adore that ring and all the JM rings (like Uppys!!), but I don''t care for the full bezel on my hand! I tried on the Tiffay bezet and it really put that one out of the running.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2010 9:50:22 AM
Author: mrssalvo
dreamer, get the ring that you love the most and don''t worry too much about how much you might knock it around. your kids are only little for a very short time where this would be a concern, so you may opt to not wear it at home while changing diapers etc. But, in a few months when they are bigger you may find that you sacrificed and got something you didn''t really have your heart set on. take it from me who just went through this with the ring I got after I had Jake. I actually tried to consign it b/c it sat in a box and I didn''t feel comfortable wearing it in the small town we were living at the time or when i was around Jake. Fast forward almost 2 years and I''m getting my ring back (thank goodness it didn''t sell) b/c it''s just my favorite ring and it has meaning to me. Anyway, just my humble .02

If you really loves bezels that I love Coati''s ring or the Sholdt ring. You can''t really get more classic than a 3 stone though. I guess I''m not much help
37.gif
I''m also really happy that you are going to be wearing your ring again. Wonderful news! I want to see photos again when you get it back!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2010 11:36:20 AM
Author: D&T
DD- I also have to say that semi bezels, bezels look is very different imo than prong setting, and some people love them or not. I happen to love them, have you seen and tried on semi bezels? I would recommend putting one on your finger to assess whether you like this look for a few years. I ''thought'' I could live with prongs when I did like my 3rd reset, and it was not me. Anyhow a three stone semi bezel will be very modern looking as well (I think even more so than a solitaire semi bezel) so I am with Mrssalvo- in that get what you love now, so you don''t regret it with or without kids.
Yes, i have tried on a few -- the tiffany etoile, a version from Birk''s canada (like Canadian Tiffany''s, though a pale imitation really
2.gif
)... and I really do love the look. The thing that I am quite picky about it how the shank rises to meet the bezel, and I have not seen one I really love. I would also wan to be able to wear it with my half eternity (Octavia, there is you answer!), and the sholdt doesn''t seem to work that way? I also am not personally loving the way the chank meets the diamond -- just a personal thing, it probably looks different in person anyways!
1.gif

But girl that Mark Patterson is AWESOME! I love love love it! I am a big cathdral fan and that semi is the first I have seen with a cathedral shank to meet the bezel. And I love the openings either side of the diamond. That is a setting I could wear! Have you tried it on??

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2010 9:59:54 AM
Author: Lurchie
Ooh, I love what-should-Dreamer-do threads!!

Okay, I''m hearing that the 3-stone makes your heart sing. (I can relate - I have the same size fingers as you and recently found my dream 3-stone ring only with a spess center that made my heart go ka-thunk). Assuming it would cost more than a semi-bezel solitaire, can you afford it right now? If not then my answer is easy - go with the semi-bezel and save up for the three-stone. Maybe buy one side stone at a time. The semi-bezel will be such a different look from what you have now and I think it will look bigger. And you''ll still have a project to look forward to. (V. important, IMO).

If you can afford the three-stone now then just get it and don''t worry about knocking it around. I doubt it would get more dinged up than your solitaire.
LOL, I''m glad someone likes them
4.gif
3.gif

I can''t afford it right now, but I will be saving my dicretionary funds this year and will do the reset this year when I have saved enough to do what I want to do! I want to make sure that whatever I do, it is the right thing, because in the past I have made some mistakes that cost me money in the long run -- pre-PS, but still. I don''t want to waste $1k on a setting that I don''t love, KWIM? The sidestones would *never* be wasted because I really want studs too, so they could go there one day.

If I went with smaller sidestones I could buy them both at the same time, but if I go larger -- like .50 - .60 -- then I would buy one at a time for sure!

You know the irony? Back when I had the K, I traded in some sidestones on my old 3 stone to get a .60 F I1 diamond that was lovely! And I sold it at a loss to my BIL (got about 70% of what I paid, so ok) because even though the size looked awesome with my e-ring, it was the wrong color and I thought I would never go up in color! And now I have a high G that the F would have matched perfectly
20.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2010 12:02:15 PM
Author: Laila619
Leon 3 stone reset with side rounds or pears!
30.gif
31.gif

Or, an option not on the list: a Tiffany 6 prong repro, as the 6 prong setting is more secure and it will add a bit of size.
Yes, I love Leon's three stone. But I would not want plat because my eternity and wbs are all wg and I like wg. So Leon is out. Plus he is a diva and I don't like that
2.gif
Maybe I will just get an exact copy of his ring made!
41.gif
ETA Oh, and I thought of a 6-prong... but I prefer a cathedral shank and I like to see the side of my diamond, so it is out.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
EBree and Uppy, Thanks for those suggestions!! You know I love both J&CM, but full bezels just are not my thing I think
15.gif
And even though I am sure in person JM''s bezels are nicer than anything I have tried on, I am not willing to take the risk, KWIM? And Ebree I do love Kelly''s ring, but again without trying on such a three-stone semi-bezel, I just can''t be *sure*... just from pics it doesn''t totally appeal to me though.

Feb I do love AmberGretche''s ring... but as I mentioned in my response to vesper, I looked at some diamonds today and thought the .30''s looked to small on my hands! So did my DH. I guess I just want more bling, what can I say?? haha.

re Kidds growing up Yes, you are all so right, they grow us FAST and my ring has not caused any real issues and I wear it every day and have since he was born. But like I said, part of me wants something sleek and easy to wear that I can wear every day and not worry about at all!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I love the 3 stone idea, DD!!!!! That would be sooooo gorgeous!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I totally feel where you're coming from with the semi-bezel. I heard something on NPR yesterday about how utility makes something less beautiful and things that aren't as practical (like lots of little diamonds) are more beautiful, but I really feel like the semi-bezel's beauty if only enhanced by its practicality, you know?

I think the Patterson D&T suggested is gorgeous. What about any of D&T's other past semis, like the Keystone? Any of those appeal?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I love me a three stone. I''m contemplating a reset right now too. So tough to decide. Keep us posted!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is my favorite three stone setting. Someone here on PS was having it made recently, but I''m afraid I forgot who it was and they never came back with pics of the completed project. My apologies to the owner of this lovely ring for not remembering who you are. I love the curve of the basket in the profile.

WF%20CAD2asdfa.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Very different looks.

Would you miss having a solitare if you went for a 3-stone?

I know I considered one when thinking of how to set my stone but in the end, the classic solitare won out.

happyfeet1988

Shiny_Rock
I like the idea of putting it in a semi-bezel. I have a three stone ring right now. The center is a 1 carat and the sides are a 1/3 carat each. It also has some milgraining, and is a little bit of an antique look. I am actually getting ready to change it to some kind of solitaire. The center stone is lost to me in this type of setting. So, I would just make sure you really LOVE the 3 stone look, because it is really something you have to get used to.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, bite the bullet and put it in a three stone with .45 stones. You are totally a blinginator and I think that will make you happiest:) maybe you could put your sapphire in an E-W bezel for days when you want a sleeker easier look...
2.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I would go with the three stone, I know a lot of mom's and other people with jobs that require use of their hands with three stone rings. I have never really seen them get in the way. I don't think it would be any more of a risk than a pronged solitaire.

Isn't that what you wanted all along??

ETA: I love this 3 stone from BGD it has a pretty profile and will protect your stones.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2010 9:04:52 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
I would go with the three stone, I know a lot of mom's and other people with jobs that require use of their hands with three stone rings. I have never really seen them get in the way. I don't think it would be any more of a risk than a pronged solitaire.

Isn't that what you wanted all along??

ETA: I love this 3 stone from BGD it has a pretty profile and will protect your stones.
Ooooh, I LURVE this setting!!

Dreamer, my vote is for the 3-stone also. You mentioned you could always use the sidestones as studs in the future, so I'd say: Go for it, girl!!
36.gif
My vote is also for slightly larger stones, say 0.60-0.80ct each sidestones, the larger the better - you know me!
11.gif
2.gif
1.gif
. That'd be one hell of a blingy ring!! YAY!!

I also have a 3-stone trellis setting, albeit nowhere as nice as that BGD setting. It's super super comfy.

Can't wait to see what you'll end up with.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I''m not on PS as often these days, and so I almost missed this thread! I vote low-set 3-stone, and don''t compromise on the size of the side stones, even if you have to wait a bit. If you know exactly what you want, don''t compromise -- it''s never worth it. Hmm, I think Dreamer is one of the PS''ers who gave me that great advice once in one of my threads!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results