shape
carat
color
clarity

Dream Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

perfectrock1

Rough_Rock
My girlfriend really wants a sqaure cut. I''ve been looking around at different Princess''s with excellent cuts and none of them have been able to compare to the Dream diamond I saw. I''ve heard of people talk about Flanders, Regents and QOHs but I havent been able to find any of those except online. Are they AGSO grade for cut as well? The Dreams I''m looking at are .71c, H, SI1 for about 5600 and .65c, G, SI2 for about 4200. Both prices seem high but I haven''t found any squares that rival them. If anyone knows about Dream prices or how dreams compare to any of the above mentioned cuts that would be very helpful.

-Andrew-

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I have seen the Dream diamonds and think they are gorgeous but pricey. It is hard to find some of these other cuts in jewelry stores. You might try visiting Good Old Gold''s website. They are an advertiser on pricescope and they have some information on some of these other square cuts.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Your HoF dealer should be able to give you a list of all the available Dreams and pricing. If you like the Dream, you should look at a Jubilee or an H&A square cushion. The Jubilee is probably closet to the Dream in my opinion. The pricing if far more competitive as well, with prices some 30 to 40% less than HoF (last time I checked)

Look at as many as you can. It''s all about personal preference. The Jubilee looks a bit like a round and has cut corners. It has a very good spread for a square stone, it''s really a round with flat edges. I think the new AGS0 Princess stones look outstanding, although distribution is limited and prices are a bit high.

Good luck

Chinchy

Rough_Rock
Perfectrock1: I''m in the same boat as you. I looked at some squares, but it''s hard to find one place that has them all. I was able to see the Jubilee and the Square Hearts and Arrows and the Hearts on Fire Dream. My suggestion is to really see them all in person so that you can choose which one you want.

In this case, Good Old Gold was my friend, because I was able to see all the information on each stone, as well as email GOG and have them send me photos of the stones side by side, and to also show me Brilliance Scope comparisons of each diamond against the round scale, rather than a square scale, etc. After I narrowed it down to 2, I had them send both to a local appraiser, where I could look and compare each in person.

For what it''s worth, in my opinion, the average princess cuts are boring. AGS0 princess cuts are a lot more sparkly. Jubilee and Dream and Square Hearts and Arrows take it a bit further and give you the flashes of color and liveliness of a well cut round. For me personally, I wanted the square shape, but the performance of a round diamond.

But it''s all a matter of preference. Only you can tell you what you like.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
I was in the same situation last year before I bought my wife''s Jubilee. I wanted a square shape but didn''t really like the average princess cut diamonds that I''d seen. IMHO the Jubilee looked slightly better than the HOF Dream and cost a lot less.

Ask GOG to take pictures of the different square shapes together to see if you have a preference. They can also give you pricing information to see how they compare to the Dream.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results