shape
carat
color
clarity

Dream engagement

Lady5

Rough_Rock
So even though I will eventually be 100% involved in the ring selection process, we want the engagement to still be a surprise and completely up to him. He asks me from time to time how I would want it, how I wouldn't want it, who should be around, and things like that so he can get a better idea of what he might do. I try to be sort of vague with my answers because I want it to be his thing, even though I have it already dreamed up in my head! Plus, if I tell him and he does it, then I will know it's coming! My general guidelines are: not in a restaurant and there has to be someone there waiting to get a picture of it!

Do you ladies share your dream engagement with SO or do you keep it to yourself? Either way, what is it? We all have one!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Kept to myself. And I honestly don't have one.

Sure, I've dreamt up different scenarios, and I couldn't pick just one. It depends on my mood. Some days I think while ice skating at Millenium Park in Chicago would be cool, and other days I'd prefer a romantic dinner at a nice restaurant. I don't know. I'm such an indecisive person.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I designed my ring, head to toe, and it will still be a surprise 100%. I didn't see the finished product, not even the finished setting, unset! We purchased the diamond in June, so it's now been 5 months! And 2 months since he picked up the finished ring! I've already had many "is this the moment?! :confused: " times. I did tell him that I don't like big public proposals like those jumbotron things at sports events.. and like OP, I'd prefer it if there was a photographer around to catch the moment. A friend equipped with a camera might be spotted by me, but a hired photographer wouldn't make me bat an eye. Everyone seems to have a camera nowadays.

But even if he doesn't manage to pull off anything show-off-able, I'm okay. I just need it rated G, so I can share the story with my grandma, and future grandkids. JUSTGIMMETHEDAMNEDRING!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
LOL Madelise! That has got to be torture. Loads of Dust so it happens soon, maybe over the holidays ;-)

No, I have never had a proposal idea. I honestly never ever thought I'd get married and we will be married 18 years, November 18th.

I do hope it is all you dreamed it to be :D

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm.

I've gathered that overly orchestrated proposals aren't for SO, which is nice because I feel the same. Its really not like us! I have no further detail to add to that.

One thing I would like is for SO to keep it a secret from his parents, because I would love to tell them together. Also, they are HORRENDOUS secret keepers, they would give it away. We found out about SO's brother: "____ is having trouble saving for a car, because he is saving for something ELSE at the moment. ~~ENORMOUS WINK~~" Yup. Bless their hearts they don't mean anything by it, but can be inconvenient!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...well. I guess we all have certain hopes.

My dream time of year would be in December, Christmastime, but before the holiday so that we have some time to enjoy the newness of the engagement while still being able to share with family/friends over the rest of the month while it's still new and exciting for everyone.

I just adore the Christmas season and very much and would love it to happen during my favorite season.

Other than that, I'd like something more private than public, heartfelt and simple. We're not over the top people. I just want something sweet and memorable. It would be nice if it were somewhere we could revisit for the memories, but doing it even in our home with a cozy meal in, snuggled up, Christmas movies. I just want heartfelt words and the promise.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Delurking just to say that audball I'm SO excited for you! I get all teary when I hear how great A treats you and how well life is going for the two of you. Good luck and I hope everything goes just how you want it to! 8)

audball

Ideal_Rock
tammy77|1352162433|3299473 said:
Delurking just to say that audball I'm SO excited for you! I get all teary when I hear how great A treats you and how well life is going for the two of you. Good luck and I hope everything goes just how you want it to! 8)
Awww, thanks tammy! He makes me insanely happy. I'm so blessed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results