shape
carat
color
clarity

Down to 3 settings...which one do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

deggles

Rough_Rock

Hello,

I''m soliciting personal opinions. I have a 1.11 ct round H&A stone and am looking for a setting that is simple and elegant, but still personal and unique. If it were you, which of the following three plantinum settings do you like the most?

Thanks for the help...

Potential Settings.JPG

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2005 6:30:56 PM
Author:deggles

(I''m) looking for a setting that is simple and elegant, but still personal and unique.

Have you considered something custom made?

deggles

Rough_Rock
The tulip setting is custom made, but I''m a little unsure because the custom-made setting doesn''t look like it has as much luster. Is this common with custom-made settings, that they don''t have as much luster?

Thanks,

Deggles

deggles

Rough_Rock
Any more opinions? I''d greatly appreciate your input. Thanks again.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can have any setting polished as much as you wish... Sometimes even platinum gets rhodium platin (the super shiny, light color plating of silver and white gold jewelry). Platinum gets a patina relatively quicky though. Rings do not stay "mirror polished" for good.

True enough, satin finished or matte metal is more often used in designer jewelry - but that is by choice, not technical constraint.

I suspect Ritani is way more expensive than the setting at DiamondsByLauren, no ?

There are a couple of solitaire types I thought you might want to take a look at. Do you know these:

FiveRings.JPG

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi deggles and welcome to pricescope! My vote is either number 1 or number 3. Something about the 3rd one looks real feminine. Is #1 a surprise diamond setting? Can''t really tell from the picture but if it is, I like that look too.

deggles

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the other recommendations! I really like the second one down all the way on the left with the bezel set diamond in the side. Where can I find that? BTW, the Diamonds by Lauren tulipset was around $750 while the others were over $1000.

Thanks again!

Layne

Shiny_Rock
I like the first one the most. Of all the pics in this post my fave is the contour setting with surprise diamond.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2005 9:38:11 PM
Author: deggles

Where can I find that
Whiteflash
34.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I like the DBL tulip also.
1.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to vote for the first one (top left) and its bold simplicity. The other 2 look unique indeed, but to me they look unusual.

TriciaKirk

Rough_Rock
#1 is my favorite also

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
I personally like #1 -- but I also love the second one (top right) that Valeria posted.....

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
#1 or #3 look good... seem to show off the stone better... #2 looks a little more squat to my eyes...

i think the difference in ''luster'' between 1 and 3 could be more down to the lighting conditions than the differences in polish finish... #3 is highly polished, you can see the reflection of someone in the ring
6.gif
while the first 2 seem to be taken in matt white. they would probly look the same as #3 in the same real world conditions

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I like the tulip-like setting (#3 of original choices). Its very unique. Also like the surprise diamond setting with the double prongs and the 6 prong ring (such a nice profile) that Valeria posted. IMO, i love rounds and 6 prong settings... they keep their round look versus the square look they can get from 4 prongs. And 1.11 is a good size for a 6 prong.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results