shape
carat
color
clarity

Double the fun..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I picked up my oec stone. Now all I have to do is decide on what type of earrings I''ll set them in. I am thinking a solstice setting or WF W prong. I want something that will be a little bit different. I don''t think I want to do a martini setting, after reading that it can make your holes bigger. I already have big ol'' ears.

I took out the stone I had set, so I can compare and play with them. One is .536 and the other is .56. Both are around 5.2 mm. Very close in color and pattern. The .56 has a wee bit of a bigger crown and is not as deep as the .536. Also has a smaller culet. I can barely see a hint of color on the new stone. They both face up pretty white.

0207081211[1].jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
...love these babies...

0207081212[1].jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
...more...

0207081215[1].jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!!
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
What pretty stones! Can''t wait to see the finished earrings.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
If anybody has any suggestions on which type of setting they like, I would appreciate it.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
antiquey drops--leverbacks?
or are you thinking studs only?

drops1111.jpg

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
coati-they would look fabulous in a setting like that!

Your stones are beautiful Gothgrrl!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those stones are gorgeous Gothgrrl.
30.gif
I can't wait to see what kind of setting you decide upon. I love the idea of the W prong, but those antque style lever backs are yummy too.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2008 4:05:18 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
If anybody has any suggestions on which type of setting they like, I would appreciate it.
Miligrain bezels danging from baby, baby, baby small french wires (or equally petite lever-backs)
30.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow....yum. I love them
30.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2008 5:12:22 PM
Author: kellyfish
www.singlestone.com has some antique/vintage-y bezel drops that are really fantastic.
WOW!!! Here are three I liked at Singlestone!

singlestonetrio.jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the replys. I like the drops, the ones Deco posted are quite nice. I like that it's still dangly, but not too long. What does everybody think about the W prong?

What about WF 8 prong martini. Does anybody know if it sits like the 3 prong? After reading some of your posts, I kinda like the idea of something along the lines of antique looking. Now I'm back to square one. Do I want studs? Or leverbacks? *sigh*

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seriously think it would be best to set them in an antique style setting. The ones posted above are gorgeous! Or, if you just want studs, you can get an antique style that has a little scrollwork on the sides with 4 prongs. I think of the w-prong settings as more modern and would not personally put OEC''s in those.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I would put them in an antique dangle like the middle ones Deco posted. I think OECs and OMs look best in antique style settings and martini studs -- or really any studs -- just won''t do them justice, IMO.

How fun. Please let us know what you decide.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2008 1:02:30 PM
Author: lumpkin
I would put them in an antique dangle like the middle ones Deco posted. I think OECs and OMs look best in antique style settings and martini studs -- or really any studs -- just won''t do them justice, IMO.

Ditto lumpkin! That middle picture, that style is quite a common way to showcase OEC earrings and they really look fantastic in that setting style.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock

Pretty stones Gothgrrl!

I vote for the drops in bezel and miligrain!
1.gif

Cachette

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2008 1:39:47 PM
Author: surfgirl

Date: 2/8/2008 1:02:30 PM
Author: lumpkin

Ditto lumpkin! That middle picture, that style is quite a common way to showcase OEC earrings and they really look fantastic in that setting style.
Yep, I also like the middle pair that Deco posted. In fact, I LOVE that pair!

You sure found a cute set of stones. Can''t wait to see the final product.

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with lumpkin re a special setting for special-and the options Deco posted are great!

Gorgeous stones-thanks for sharing!

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
oooh, those milgrained bezel drops would be perfect for your stones!!
18.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, swooon, beautiful!

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
.....casting my humble vote for decodelighted''s #2 french-wires shot, as well. This pair seems born for those settings!
2.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
So far everybody likes the miligrain drops. I have narrowed it down to that or the 8 prong martini. Argh...at least now it''s down to two.
37.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more vote for the middle drops Deco posted! I say do modern round brilliants in the studs and do the OECs in the drops!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results