shape
carat
color
clarity

Double and Single Prongs...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond326

Rough_Rock
hey guys whats the difference in double and single prongs? Does double prongs make look princess cut diamonds appear smaller if they are less then 1.5 carat? Or do they actually make it look bigger? whats the deal with that? Which one would you guys preffer on a 1.3 carat princess cut?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
double prongs are way cool. but for a princess, i would want v-prongs
2.gif

diamond326

Rough_Rock
Hey guys would a 1.30 carat princess cut diamond look good with this setting? I`m thinking that the double prongs could make it appear smaller then it is..Or am I too much paranoid? I LOVE THIS SETTING !!

setting2005.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I think that setting is beautiful & I love double prongs. I think they''re very graceful & would look lovely with your princess stone. Good luck!

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
That is a LOVELY setting!
But the stone in it is a RADIANT cut.

A princess cut has sharp, 90 degree corners. This makes split pongs a horrible choice for princess cuts- the split would actually leave the tip of the corner exposed.

As opposed to "V" tip prongs mentioned here, I suggest using ball prongs on princess cut stones.
In my opinion balls are safer, and cover less of the diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results