shape
carat
color
clarity

Dossier vs full report

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Still looking for that nice/purrrfect marquise. Got a question. How come some diamonds smaller tham 1 carat have inclusion plots and others only a dossier?

I am eyeing a .83 D VVs2 with so far great proportions according to aga but I am concerned it has no plot and in the comments says" pinpoints" . Am I to assume no other inclusions exist like crystals and feathers?

Thanks in advance :)

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
The reason they are mentioned is that they are the inclusions which make the clarity grade.

Pinpoints frequently are minute crystals, but look like pinpoints at 10x because they are so small.

With VVS2 clarity you shouldn''t have to worry about the nature of the inclusions, they are going to be so small it will not make any difference!

Enjoy your selection!

hardness10

Rough_Rock
Dossier''s are done usually because they are cheaper and they get done faster. Right now, G.I.A. is running about a 5-6 week turnaround on DGR''s, where dossiers are in and out in 2 weeks or so. If G.I.A. called it a VVS2 based on pinponts, that means the clarity grade is based on pintpoints that are loupeable through the crown. There MAY be some feathers on the Pav. or the girdle, but they will be tiny, like VVS1 size and can be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results