shape
carat
color
clarity

dorkadork

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG I hate when this happens..... my son called these twin friends last week to invite them to his b''day party and they didn''t return the call but I''m not convinced he left a coherent message and he really wanted them to come so I called............ and then nothing came out of my mouth correctly. Between me stumbling over words and this other woman being on, seriously, another planet... the convo was stilted and awkward and constantly misfiring. I''m sure she thinks I''m an idiot but frankly I''m wondering if she''s one LOL Deep down I know it is just one of those times where communication sputters and two people just don''t connect for whatever reason, but it''s just weird... I''m usually very good with talking to people (not as good online) and get along with a lot of types of people but just... I dunno, I really don''t think anything badly about this woman, but *I* feel like a total dork now. Apparently *I* am the one who isn''t coherent.... but the woman DID act like my son had never called and left a message even though I dialed the number.... now I feel all squidgy inside. I hate that!!!!! I usually talk to her mother at the school and I really like *her*. I''ve never met or spoken to this woman before....... my skin is all weeby now.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, that is a situation I can sympathize with! I'm normally pretty proficient at communicating verbally, but sometimes my words don't come out the way my brain intended...something short circuits in between, I think! I had a phone interview for a job a few weeks ago and when the gal asked what I liked to do in my free time I said, "you mean outside of work?" D'oh! I felt like a total idiot, but we both sort of laughed it off and it was ok. Even remembering it now though I feel a twinge of embarrassment all over again.

I'm sure she's an understanding person and the same thing has probably happened to her, try not to feel so, er, squibby? Hee hee. ETA: sorry, "squidgy."
9.gif
Oh, and maybe she feels weird because she knows she sounded like she was on another planet?

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh. I know what you mean. I talk a lot on the phone at work and sometimes I just cannot get the *right* words out of my mouth no matter how hard I try. It drives me nutso and I''m sure some of our clients think I''m insane or something.

Jess

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I fumble over words and say the wrong thing all of the time (about as often as I walk into walls and attempt to open doors that are deadbolted shut, so basically at least twice a day!). I know exactly what you mean. But sometimes people just don''t connect. I often chalk my awkwardness up to that fact.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results