shape
carat
color
clarity

Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
Id like to thank the generous wealth of info here and the reponses to my questions(two i think...cause the archives and ''help'' tools did all the answering for me!
1.gif
Its too bad there wasnt more of a Canadian based representation here...as you may have read in my other posts...the hassles we have to go through to make stones legal in our country. When our excise tax is completly abolished, it will definatlely be a lot easier using a US based vendor or shopping in the US. I''m not one to skip out on taxes
17.gif
because Customs
29.gif
have been know to tax an undeclared item 5 years later
15.gif
(poor friend). Maybe its me, but I chose a Canadian stone because im from Canada? or to ease my conscious in owning a so called ''dirty diamond?'' A nice 0.59 AGS 000, G, VS1, HCA 0.8, AGA Cut 1A, and very high/off the scale/high on a Gemex report.
1.gif
I cant wait! It gets here in a couple of weeks in a Cartier setting and then another week for my proposal.
23.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! How in the world did you manage to convince Cartier to put a diamond of your choice in their setting? Would love to know because I love the Cartier settings, but I thought they all came with center stones already set, and it was a "take or leave it" kind of thing.

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
Oh...I guess I should say ''similar to Cartier'' setting. It would be way completely out of my budget if I went that route and hence the intense research
1.gif
I guess it doesnt matter if its a digital camera or tv or ring...i make sure im getting what i want and a reasonable price
1.gif

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations-a
2.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm...maybe that route is a good idea. Well, when the time comes around. So pictures and proposal story are mandatory when you get the chance! And congratulations again. Side note: I love Canada. I visited Vancouver a while back, and absolutely loved it there. It''s soooo pretty and the people are so nice. And you Canadians have more variety in your fruits that we don''t have access to here in the U.S. But the taxes shocked the hell out of me! And I couldn''t believe my eyes when I saw bartenders actually measuring out alcohol shots before pouring and serving them!

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
I should mention that a couple of vendors, not part of PS, tried to push a stone that was Fish Eyed!
32.gif
The specs looked so good until the HCA pretty much rejected it...hmmm...thats why it was a relatively good bargin. There was another couple of stones from another vendor that ranked pretty poor even though there were AGS000! Im certainly beginning to understand...at least a lot more than i did a couple of weeks ago.
36.gif
So much for JUST the 4 Cs...

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
Heh...the taxes sucks here but hey...we all get health care! The shots are measured out here so the bar doesnt ''gyp'' you out...(required by law) You know what your getting :) Its better than the US where you go...Hey, that was just a splash and not an ounce
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results