shape
carat
color
clarity

donations vs favors?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking on making a donation in my guests name to a charity instead of favors, but I know that lots of people enjoy getting interesting favos for weddings they attend. Just how much do they enjoy getting a favor and will they appreciate the gesture of a donation?

Opinions?

Colleen

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
Just came back from a wedding this weekend where the couple did donations instead of favors and found it to be a very special idea, especially if it is a donation to a fund or foundation which touches the couples lives or hearts in a special way that their guests are well aware of. I'd say to do it. It's very thoughtful.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Well, most people I know are not all that crazy about wedding favors, unless they get an especially unique or useful one, so I'd say the donation will go over just as well or better.

JennWit2Ns

Rough_Rock
If you are thinking of donations, go with it. My cousin got married last July and in honor of his father who passed away in April of 2001 of a sudden heartache, he did donations to the heart foundation. Every single attendee of the wedding thought it was an awesome and very thoughtful idea.

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Do people just take what they would have spent on favors and send out one big check to the charity? Or do they really send $4 in everyone's name?

Thanks for your thoughts eveyone!

Colleen

hannah

Rough_Rock
The one wedding I attended simply had a framed note on each of the tables that said something like: "In lieu of favors, a donation has been made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation. We thank each of you for being a part of our special day."

I just assumed that the bride and groom sent one big cheque, rather than make a hundred smaller donation.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I would be honored as a guest. Favors are really dopey in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results