shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your SO participate in "Pre planning"?

misscuppycake

Shiny_Rock
I know a lot of us have done wedding pre-planning of some sort (before engagement), but do any of your SOs participate? If so, to what extent?

Or is the pre-planning a secret?

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
YES! He helps. We decided together to change our location to something closer for our families. The original location was his idea because one of his friends got married there. He laughs and says how everything will be planned before i have the ring...haha not funny to me!!! My SIL and bro live within an hour of the location and they are scoping a few things out, and our next trip down over the summer they are going to take us to the locations and so we can narrow down the exact beach we are going to get married on. TBH though, we aren't having a traditional wedding, just a destination "elopement" with close immediate family and then a honeymoon somewhere, so i can't give him THAT much credit :naughty:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, and I haven't done much myself! :lol:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
My SO participates a little. I ask for his opinions, or we chat about how we want the day to go. We talk about what he'll wear, and we've gone over the menu of our favourite option. But I'm pretty sure I'm the only one saving images to my desktop/contacting vendors! :lol:

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Only because I drag him into it. He'd rather just 'show up' on the day of & pay for what needs to be paid for. He really hates that I keep trying to involve him, but I truly value his opinion since I feel it will be his day, too. Plus, besides my mother & sister, he's the only one I can bounce ideas off of, since I'm keeping this all a secret before I'm officially engaged.
He often says he can't wait until I can tell my girlfriends, so that I can stop asking him everything. lol

Maybe that will motivate him to give the ring faster. :wink2:

Ms_Lovely

Rough_Rock
I have been very pleasantly surprised by my honey's involvement :appl: Granted, I'd LOVE for him to be even more interactive/proactive but I'm not complaining! He's helped me draw up a budget and decide on our first dance song, the wedding theme, and colors...oh, narrowing down the venue. the guest list...um the invitations (wow, I forgot about some of this stuff) I think that's pretty good considering how "hands-off" he generally is. I know he doesn't "enjoy" it per se though; he was way too eager to say yes to have an event planner help me starting in April ( I think it sounds fancy to say that I have a planner but we can only afford her for 3, 1-hour, sessions and email/phone correspondence :lol: ). Anyway, I hope he continues to be interested and supportive--even if he's only humoring me :D

wsucheerleader

Rough_Rock
My SO does a bit. We talk about time frame, like right after I get done with grad school we intend to have our wedding. We've talked about inside or outside, church or no church etc. I think he is more into it than he leads on sometimes as he is so detailed orientated.

Mickeylover

Rough_Rock
MY SO only talks about it if were in a wedding (if he likes or dislikes something from that wedding), he told me he wanted cool weather because he doent love the idea of boiling inside of a tux , and he just told me he doesn't want a very Big wedding ( we have Mexican roots and usually MOB an FOB pay the wedding, with a small help from the MOG and FOG) he has even discussed were he wants to go for our honeymoon . . but no ring yet haha!! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got married a while ago but hope it's OK to chime in. My dh was very involved in our planning. From where and when we had it, to the band, the food, the decor, the photographer, etc. Everything. Except my dress. That was none of his business! :cheeky:

Good luck to all! :appl: This should be a happy and exciting time in your lives and don't let anyone stress you out during this time! Have fun-You only do it once (or not that often anyway)!!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1363820839|3409908 said:
We got married a while ago but hope it's OK to chime in. My dh was very involved in our planning. From where and when we had it, to the band, the food, the decor, the photographer, etc. Everything. Except my dress. That was none of his business! :cheeky:

Good luck to all! :appl: This should be a happy and exciting time in your lives and don't let anyone stress you out during this time! Have fun-You only do it once (or not that often anyway)!!

Lol at the bolded part!

Same with my DH though! We did pre-engagement AND pre-wedding planning together and I was actually pretty surprised by how involved he was and how much of an opinion he had. I actually loved that because the wedding isn't just for the bride, ya know?! He took an active role in everything and it made OUR day more special! Although one of my MOH's did tell me that she wasn't sure she would be ok with her SO doing as much planning as I 'let' DH do lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results