luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
Well, does he?

And is it driving you INSANE like me??

aaaannnnddd bbbreeeaaatthhhee....

20.gif

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
No, he doesn''t. We aren''t in the right financial situation to make such a big purchase on the ring or to have a wedding yet.

But, when we do, he won''t be purchasing the ring until after he proposes. He knows that if we got it before the proposal and I had to wait for him to surprise me, that I would drive him crazy about it!!
9.gif
I would really be going crazy trying to wait! I would probably be going insane just like you!

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
ah mayflowers, you feel my pain.....

26.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Yep, and it only drives me insane sometimes. Right now I'm just fine.

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Yes.. I went home last weekend and begged him to let me try it on.. He gave in.. I obsessed, then I had to give it back. I knew the timing wasn''t right since I was home for a funeral, but I still wanted to run back home with my ring!!

I thought we''d be getting engaged relatively soon, but now it looks like we may be waiting a while (definitely not our preference). Urgh.. I wish we had just waited on this whole ring business. It makes waiting SO MUCH WORST!
38.gif

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, he has it, but he's on the East Coast. He's coming out to visit next week, so I'm really hoping I get it then. I'm getting my nails done Saturday just in case.
1.gif

ETA: And yes, I'm getting very antsy. We'll be getting married in September, so I've already ordered my dress. Never thought I'd do that before I had the ring on my finger! But we have less than 5 months, so there's really no time to waste.

babycush

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Yup. I''m sure you''ve read it in my other posts, but we bought the center stone and setting separately in December. They sat in his man cave until mid-March. The ring was put together and completed around April 1.

When we first got it, he put it in MY sock drawer. His reasoning was that is where I keep my grandmother''s pearls that she gave me before she passed away, so it was in his mind the place for ''special jewelry.'' And he told me he was putting it there. It drove me BONKERS! Finally I had to move it into his drawer because if he wasn''t going to give it to me yet it was completely unfair to make me look at the box every damn day.

He says that he has a very particular moment in mind that he is waiting for, and that it will be special and romantic. He says it will be way before my 25th birthday (but I just turned 24 last month... ugh). I really can''t think of any special occasions that are coming up soon. If he waits until our anniversary (December 1st), I just might have to kill him
11.gif

I take it out of the box about every 2 weeks to admire it (although he is out of town all weekend and I am SO tempted to bust that baby out and wear it all over the apartment).

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Nein! Ich wunche. That means, no, I wish, in German. Hehe.
3.gif

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Yep! He has had it since october
7.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
He will next week!

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh so many lucky LIW... no I can say with 1000% certainty he does not have it. But he''s told me for like the past year that he''ll talk about it after he''s done with college which is one week and 2 days from TODAY! I really hope he actually wants to talk about it after that point. I know it''s not really on the same level as waiting for the ring, but once he graduates it will drive me NUTS waiting for him to bring up engagement. I''m gonna try soooo hard not to bring up ring shopping as I really want it to be his decision to start the process, but I can assure you I''m going to go insane.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
my ring (just the setting) will arrive next week....

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
No ring that I know of. He''s the type of guy who likes to surprise me though and I know he''d want the proposal to be really special. UGH! It''s driving me crazy having no idea when he will propose, not even a time frame! At least most of you girls know there''s a ring so it won''t be long. 6 years together, still no ring
40.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 12:00:34 AM
Author: Grlsbestfrnd
No ring that I know of. He''s the type of guy who likes to surprise me though and I know he''d want the proposal to be really special. UGH! It''s driving me crazy having no idea when he will propose, not even a time frame! At least most of you girls know there''s a ring so it won''t be long. 6 years together, still no ring
40.gif
I totally understand your feeling. I was like that last year. I had an emotional breakdown on our 5 year-anniversary last year. I was upset that he keeps on saying we''ll get married soon... but.. didn''t plan on getting a ring.

Tigarlily1

Rough_Rock
Yes!! He''s had it since January. I call it my "precious" and I ask about it pretty much everyday! I hope he gives it to me soon!!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Nope he doesn''t!

Lucky you girls!! At least you know its coming soon (hopefully)

Dust to all*************

babycush

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/7/2010 8:49:20 AM
Author: Tigarlily1
I call it my ''precious'' and I ask about it pretty much everyday!
Ahhmazing.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
He will when he gets home today.

RebeccaLynn

Rough_Rock
YES- we shopped for over 2 months, visiting with a rotation of 4 different jewelers til my eyes were crossing from staring at some many diamonds! We finally narrowed it all down (there were even spreadsheets involved in the decision process!) and pulled the trigger on the purchase 3 weeks ago.

I think the ring should be arriving this week (I was told to step away when they talked about that stuff but I think I "accidentally" heard!). It''s going to his office, not to our place- so I will have no way of knowing when it arrives. I''ve been tempted to dig through potential hiding places-- there aren''t many of them since we live together-- but I want to be at least a LITTLE surprised since I already know what it looks like and that it''s coming soon.

But it''s still hard to fight the urge to find that box, open it & stare for a few hours!!!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 8:49:20 AM
Author: Tigarlily1
Yes!! He''s had it since January. I call it my ''precious'' and I ask about it pretty much everyday! I hope he gives it to me soon!!
I love the whole " Precious" thing. No, he doesnt have it, unless he is being super sneeky, which i highly doubt he is. We go looking every couple of weeks, dont know why he is dragging his butt though, not really antyhing holding us back, since he already has a career and im going back to school.
14.gif
...haha.....im gonna have to use that precious thing, if its okay with you

slg47

Ideal_Rock
my boyfriend does not have the ring because i have not decided yet
4.gif

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
No he doesn''t have it b/c I''ve changed my mind so many times about the ring but now I finally found the one. I also think b/f is waiting for me to graudate school and a get a job first which will all happen next year. I can''t wait for next year hopefully I''m right.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results