shape
carat
color
clarity

Does UPS ever deliver early?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all:

I placed an order the other day for what was supposed to be Friday delivery. It does appear that this miscommunication is the result of the company I ordered from and NOT UPS directly (it seems they underestimated the delivery date - had I known this was a real danger I would have opted for the more expensive overnight option). Today when I tracked the package UPS said it was slated for delivery Monday. Currenlty the package is in KY and because I paid for Air Shipping, I assume it will be on plane this afternoon and arrive in MA sometime overnight.

I am wondering if UPS has ever delivered ahead of schedule to any of you? If not, do you think there could be any value in my contacting the UPS facility (it is literally 4 mins down the road from my office) and asking them if they think it may arrive at the facility tomorrow and if so to hold it at their facility for pick-up?

Typically, I am more of a Fed Ex girl and I know they do tend to be a little bit more helpful and certainly do allow you to have them hold a package for direct pick-up if you don''t want to wait for the truck or have missed it.

Thanks!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
That tracking info is actually like a heartbeat of the package...when it moves...the tracking info beats. So that tracking would have to be off a ton...that city handler...then that truck...then arrival hub...then delivery truck...in order for it to arrive today. That is over 4 scanners that would have to be wrong. If there were that much down...it would be a catastrophe.

No, in my experience, you can count on UPS tracking to be accurate. Monday Monday Monday baby.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks DKS!

Although I have to admit...*pout*...I was really hoping it would come tomorrow.

Monday just seems so far away
emwink.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Have to agree with DKS...UPS has actually HELD ON to items that arrived early at my local hub, rather than delivering them (GASP) a day or two before the expected date.
29.gif
I''m NOT a fan. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results