shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this thick band make my stone look smaller? Reset?

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
lilsweetie|1421382807|3817220 said:
Thank you everyone for your opinions. I am starting to like my solitaire better after getting some perspective, so now I am thinking of resetting my 5 stone band instead of the solitaire. I tried on a couple of bands in stores to get a feel for a thinner band.

What do you think of these - are they any better than the original setting I have?

7 stone band 0.5 total carat weight
img_20150114_170815_1_.jpg

5 stone band 1 carat total
img_20150114_170424_1_.jpg

Of those two, I like the 7 stone better. The 5 still seems a bit to bulky. Did you try it on with a plain band? if you are wanting x amount of carets in your wedding band, what about like a half eternity? that could give you some bling that is a little more spread out but just as sparkly!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the narrower one better, but I'd go narrower still.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1421418407|3817358 said:
I like the narrower one better, but I'd go narrower still.

Ditto

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilsweetie,

I first want to say that your existing setting is classic and beautiful.
But since you asked the question, I do think that a thinner shank will help make the diamond pop more
because you eyes tend to compare things.

Your 2.31 is larger than my 2.21 CBI diamond, however I chose to set mine in a delicate Vatche setting that tapers to 1.8 mm.
It is available with or without pave.

Although I am wearing it as a RHR, I chose to order the matching band thinking that I might wear it in the future.
It is also very delicate (Vatche #1541).

I have various channel set and shared prong bands containing .01s, .03s, .04s, .05s, .07s, and .12s, and have experimented
with all of them as a wedding band in the past. However, I like the new Vatche band so much that I'm wearing it with my pear.

Personally, I think the Vatche band also makes my pear pop.

Good luck with your decision.

sm_at_pd_with_0.jpg

sm_img_7.jpg

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
Ering is spectacular and dramatic. Platinum is so beautiful. Don't second guess yourself.

Would be fine paired with the 7 stone wedding band, but maybe an eternity version with the same size stones?

kelmel

Rough_Rock
lilsweetie,

Thanks for posting on my post. :) I see you are having the same issue as me. Glad to know I am not alone.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a diamond wedding band that has more platinum showing on the shoulders? Neither of these is exactly what I had in mind, but something along these lines:

wedder_3.jpg wedder_2.jpg

baroque

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE the setting on your e-ring, would love to find that one myself! the thinner band may make you feel better, but I wouldn't change the 3-ring, it's gorgeous!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the way your ering looks with the 7 stone .5 ct you tried on. It is still blingy, but your e-ring is the definitely the star of the show. I really love your e-ring setting too and if it were me, I would not reset it, no way. I think it looks just perfect with your stone and on your hands. My preference is toward a band the width of yours because I love the contrast of a sparkly diamond against shiny metal. Of course, your stone will look lovely whatever you decide to do.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It comes down to what you want to see. Is your top priority that your stone really pop?? Your ring is beautiful and classic now. Does the current setting make he center stone pop as much as it can with a thinner shank? No. Adding bands will make the look on your finger blingier, for sure. Is that what you want? The eye does compare and look for contrast. The wide band will not make the stone pop as much as a thin shank. But it is beautiful and looks lovely.

I figured out that I want my center to pop. That turned out to be my top priority. And once achived with my new setting, I am perfectly satisfied. I had a 2.59 on a size 4.5 that looked small to me. Now in the new setting, it looks big to me at times. Never thought that could happen. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results