shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this ring sound okay?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

discostu

Rough_Rock
I really need help with this. I want to know if a ring witht the following dimensions is a good buy or not. It is a F S1 7.02-7.09X4.16 table :59, depth:59 polish and symetry both Vey Good. Any ideas would be appreciated.
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey discostu
35.gif
welcome to ps!

could you give us some more information? carat weight..price...who the stone is graded by...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2005 10:24:34 AM
Author:discostu
I really need help with this. I want to know if a ring witht the following dimensions is a good buy or not. It is a F S1 7.02-7.09X4.16 table :59, depth:59 polish and symetry both Vey Good. Any ideas would be appreciated.
1.gif
Hi and welcome
35.gif
In order to help you a little more info is needed. Is it a round? If you can, post the crown and pavillion angles, girdle thickness, carat weight, fluoresence if applicable and the certification lab. Do you have any other reports on this diamond such as a Sarin? If you can provide some of this info you should get lots of good opinions.

discostu

Rough_Rock
Sorry. It is a 1.23 ct. round cut. The grading is by GIA. Unfortunately I don''t have the Crown or Pavilion angles.
1.gif

discostu

Rough_Rock
Sorry...again. There is no flouresence and a vey small culet. The girdle is thin to medium. The price is $6,800.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
the price is very reasonable.
2.gif

discostu

Rough_Rock
Belle, thank you. I have one question though. I am worried tha the table might be too big and the diamond might not have enough fire. What do you guys think? It looked sparkly but perhaps not as much as some others I saw.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
discostu,
the stone would not be considered ideal cut. it falls into the range of what would be known as a 60/60. you can read more about 60/60''s here. what are your priorities for a diamond?

discostu

Rough_Rock
I am more concerned with the brilliance and fire of the diamond than the color I guess. I have been looking at F''s and G''s in color. Size is also not the biggest factor. I have another stone that interests me as well. Let me know what you think. It is a 1.21 F S1 no flouresence and no culet. Table is 56 and depth is 61.6 the dimensions are 6.81-6.86x4.23. I don''t have the crown or pavilion angles. The thing about the stone is that there is a noticeable feather that the jeweler said can be mostly taken away with a prong. Also the GIA report says there are clouds not shown.
26.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
your eye probably won''t be able to differentiate the f/g. i like the table/depth of the second stone you posted more than the first and if the feather can be covered/protected by the prong, you should be good to go. how did this stone look compared to others?

discostu

Rough_Rock
The second stone might have a bit more sparkle to it. So the feather is not a concern? What about the clouds mentioned in the report? I should also say the polish and symetry were EX/EX in the second stone. The price is $7,125.

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
When you say "ring", do you mean stone and setting, or just the stone itself?

discostu

Rough_Rock
The stone and setting.

discostu

Rough_Rock
Sorry that is just for the stone itself. I am looking at the wrong dollar amounts.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2005 11:55:01 AM
Author: discostu
The second stone might have a bit more sparkle to it. So the feather is not a concern? What about the clouds mentioned in the report? I should also say the polish and symetry were EX/EX in the second stone. The price is $7,125.
as long as the feather doesn''t break the surface it is not a concern.
2.gif

discostu

Rough_Rock
Okay, thanks. Can you tell me why you like the second one better? Is it the cut dimensions? I am trying to be as educated as possible so I apologize for asking stupid questions.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
your questions aren''t stupid, so please don''t be afraid to ask.
2.gif

i defintely like the depth and table better on the second stone and since that is all i have to go by, i''m sticking to it!
2.gif
that said, since you have seen them side by side, you are in a much better position to decide which one looks better. take your time deciding, there are lots of diamonds out there. if you don''t love either of these...keep looking.

discostu

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your opinion.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results