shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this rb look good to you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Stats:

Shape: Round
Carat weight: 1.01
Cut: Ideal
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Certificate: GIA

Depth: 60.4%
Table: 56.0%
Crown angle: 33.5
Pavillion angle: 41
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle: Thin to medium, faceted
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.53*6.58*3.96

It''s scoring 0.9 on the HCA, and an excellent for everything except spread (vg).

Price - $6,210 before PS discount.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it does look good.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I like it, Pandora, it looks like a winner! Have you seen it in person yet?

(And BTW, how''re those darling baby hedgies???!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
More pictures, pretty please?!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
)

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I don''t get to see any stone in person sadly, till it''s finished...

E-ring for my brother''s gf.

If I can get the setting for under $2k, this might be a winner.

I''ll see if I can get an few more pics - x 40, idealscope etc

It''s at James Allen (and they have a setting at a good price - depends if they can do it in yg with plat.)

Thanks for confirming that this one looks good.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Was also looking at this one:

Item Number: 1067937
Shape: Round
Carat weight: 0.93
Cut: Premium
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Certificate: GIA

Depth: 60.4%
Table: 58.0%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Faint
Measurements: 6.32*6.37*3.83

Crown Angle: 35.0°
Crown %: 15.00
pavilion Angle: 40.6°
pavilion %: 42.50

Price: $4,330

($2k is quite a lot more for 0.2mm
31.gif
, but I don''t want to compromise elsewhere,)

(Gary, the Ideal/premium thing seems to be JA''s own thing...)

This came out as 1.9 ex ex ex vg on the HCA on the PS diamond search page, but when I tried inputting the figures myself to see where it lay, it came back as girdle dangerously thin.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Pandora,

Either one of those stones look good. I''m just concerned about the overall budget & how tight it might get to do the setting that your brother loves, along with the size. I''m not saying drop too low in your idea of what type of stone your brother would like to have, but I''m suggesting a slight drop in both colour & clarity. That will put both of you in a more comfortable place to put this ring together.

Whiteflash has several Si-1, H''s, about 4 of them but there is one I like best, GIA-15817524. Price is $5459.00 pre PS discount. It''s 1.05ct, table: 55, depth: 61.7
Ca-34.5, Pa-40.8, dimensions: 6.52 X 6.54 X 4.03, GIA Ex cut, EX symmetry/polish. Seems like a great stone & of course a phone call will confirm if it is eye clean or not. The clarity characteristics are pretty decent too & should not impact visual performance. It really would be worth it to check on. I found Tracy very upfront & helpful regarding my brothers friends stone.

If you do a stone for approx. $5000K, that leaves plenty of room for his setting, even if having to get it custom made if he had to go that route. I think it can be found without getting it custom. You also mentioned that you were finding settings that had larger sidestones than would fit in the buget. It may be possible to get that type of setting if you have some money left over from your stone. Also, if he has a bit of money left over, perhaps he can take her away for a weekend?
28.gif
9.gif

Jim has quite a few in the H, SI-1, range as well. I guess it''s just a matter of what is in house & what kind of ideal scopes you might find. I think the WF one is in as it says "available to ship".

As for settings, check with Tracy at WF. She has the updated catalogue for Unique settings of NY. Also, check Adjour.com, & adwar.com. I''ve seen Adwar. It''s ok, but perhaps your vendor can do a semi-custom crown in a stadard setting. They would have to really work on it to make it shine, but can be done & you can save money.

Like I said, you dont have to drop too far out of your comfort zone. He isnt colour sensative & so to me, saving $1000 when a buget is a bit tight, cant tell the difference in colour face up, is a fair compromise.

Of course, just my opinion & I dont want to upset you.

Judy
:)

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh forgot, HCA is 1.3 for that SI-1, H, ex/ex/ex/ vg.

Seems a very worthy candidate. :)

Judy
:)

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Hi Judy,

Thanks for all your advice - I''m totally with you on the eyeclean SI1. Sadly he''s been talking to friends who are telling him he needs an E VVS1
20.gif
or it''s not good quality
29.gif
. I have convinced him that this is wrong, and reminded him that he thought the D was in fact the G when he looked at them.

I thought I''d send him details of the best I could find in the G VS2 range that would fit in his budget (just - if we can get a good price for the setting.) and then let him see the best in the H SI1 - and the difference in price.

That Whiteflash one is scoring very well, so I''m off to take a look!

Many thanks - and please don''t apologise, honest opinions are what I''m after!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results