shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this quote sound high to you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

melba5

Rough_Rock
I asked for a 0.60 ct. pear diamond to be bezel set (I am providing the diamond) with a 10pt. baby pink sapphire also bezel set put on the end of an 18" chain and a jump ring at the 17" mark for closure - all in 18K white gold - they would be providing the setting, chain and pink sapphire.

Here''s the quote I got: $1195

It seems high to me, but maybe I''m mistaken??

justageek

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/19/2007 9:34:21 PM
Author:melba5
I asked for a 0.60 ct. pear diamond to be bezel set (I am providing the diamond) with a 10pt. baby pink sapphire also bezel set put on the end of an 18'' chain and a jump ring at the 17'' mark for closure - all in 18K white gold - they would be providing the setting, chain and pink sapphire.

Here''s the quote I got: $1195

It seems high to me, but maybe I''m mistaken??
Hey melba5,
I have no idea if this is high or low (ignorance on my part!). However, to help explain probably why none of the incredibly knowledgeable people on here have answered your question...
quote comparisons are difficult, if not impossible, for the regular PS-ers and jewelry experts when there is no picture of the setting or chain, no specific info on the sapphire, and nothing is said about the location and usual quality provided by the jeweler. It''s like you said, "Is $15K expensive for a silver, 4-door car that''s made by Honda?" Maybe rephrase and repost to get more answers? PS-ers do care, and from my time lurking, I think they''ll answer your questions if you ask them in a way that''s clearer.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Melba,
The price seems rather expensive, even for white gold and bezel work. It sounds like the design is rather simple and straightforward, so my guess would be the current price of gold, but it still seems on the high side. Can you get another quote from a different jeweller?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It seems expensive to me, but I''m no expert. I''d get a quote from a few different places and compare them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results