shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this look like real Jade?

MasterMkombo

Shiny_Rock
I recently made this purchase and the seller told me that’s 100% Guatemalan Jade. I paid $70 USD for it on Esty.

Im new to jade but when I tap it against my marble kitchen counter, it does not make that high pitch sound I see in all the jade testing videos.
E04A62B3-BB7E-47D6-AB22-B32BE4329589.jpeg 22760937-D5F1-4124-9530-9EBD24FFDB1A.jpeg A8184136-D03E-4BEE-9827-C928D02AB66D.png 50A04B7F-5A50-4D0C-83FF-B6FA6FA7F51C.jpeg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh, I can’t tell from pics

Usually for the really affordable pieces I will go by who the seller is. Personally since I think it’s not worth certifying stuff below a certain price, so I’ll just buy from a trusted vendor and then hope that it’s Type A and then just wear and enjoy and not think about it.

MasterMkombo

Shiny_Rock
Oh gosh, I can’t tell from pics

Usually for the really affordable pieces I will go by who the seller is. Personally since I think it’s not worth certifying stuff below a certain price, so I’ll just buy from a trusted vendor and then hope that it’s Type A and then just wear and enjoy and not think about it.

Well I went ahead and did my own test. Used my pocket knife and tried my best to scratch it and not a single mark.
When I was young and had my first jade pendant I would try i best to scratch it without using excessive force of course like pounding etc and would never succeed, so that’s good enough for me.

AJadecent Angle

Rough_Rock
It seems real from photos, regarding the pitch test on any hard surfaces, from my experiences those work on larger pieces like bangles, carvings. I personally don't see any reasons why such a small (and pretty) piece like that would be dyed or injected with anything. Especially since the white cotton-like specks are very common in blue jadeites.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results