shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this look crooked? Whats the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TedW

Rough_Rock
Just got this 1ct round set. It looks a little crooked...
emsad.gif

Does anyone else think so? Should this be reset and should I hav another jeweler do it? This seems like something that a jeweler would try to do carefully...Could this possibly damage the stone?

ring17171.JPG

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
It does indeed look crooked.
8.gif

It will not harm the stone, having it reset, I would bring it back and have them redo it.

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ted,
I hate to say it, but yes... I do think it looks crooked. I''d be curious to see what others think.
Unfortunately, I had the same problem when my stone was set and it had to be redone. I would take it back to the jeweler who set it and find out what he/ she says. Is it set in platinum or white gold?

TedW

Rough_Rock
its platinum.

how long does it take to reset? can they do it on the spot?

ello

Brilliant_Rock
I think you are correct. It does indeed look a little skew - you should definitely voice your concerns to your jeweler.
Good luck!

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
My experience was that they needed about an hour to reset it, but I would call first. Just make sure that the prongs will not lose their integrity when it is reset. Because they had originally bent my prong too far out, I had to have an entirely new head put on the setting. I think my case was extreme, though. Definitely discuss it with the jeweler. Do you trust him/ her?

TedW

Rough_Rock
I trust their integrity, but I am now not trusting their workmanship....

So about an hour to reset a ring? Hmmm....

TedW

Rough_Rock
While I have this posted I might as well ask if anyone thinks that the stone is too high in the setting...Should it be brought down a smidge or does it look fine at the height it is at?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The height looks fine to me, but it does indeed look crooked, hopefully it will be an easy fix
35.gif

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ted,

Yes, it''s crooked. Usually it''s not all that difficult to reset this but it will depend a bit on the details of the seats, which aren''t visible in your picture. Ring up the jeweler and ask them to take a look. I would fully expect them to be able to do it pretty quickly. You might have them take a look at the polish on the shank while you''re at it.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good point Neil, the shank does look like it could be improved upon, good luck Ted I am sure it will be all you could wish for soon!

TedW

Rough_Rock
OK, so I brought the ring back to the jeweler today and pointed out the things that have been bothering me (inluding a couple of more that I haven''t even listed here)....He said he should have it back at 4 pm (dec 17th)...We''ll see how it goes.

If it still isn''t what perfect I think I am going to have to have another Jeweler

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2005 2:44:58 AM
Author: TedW
OK, so I brought the ring back to the jeweler today and pointed out the things that have been bothering me (inluding a couple of more that I haven''t even listed here)....He said he should have it back at 4 pm (dec 17th)...We''ll see how it goes.

If it still isn''t what perfect I think I am going to have to have another Jeweler

post us an after shot when you get it back as well as some pictures of the diamond in various lighting please :}
We have to have our eye candy!
Congrates on the ring :}

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Ted, well I''m glad the jeweler is going to fix everything. I''m sure he''ll make everything perfect.

As strmrdr said, please post pics when you get it back!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results