shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this count...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Today I dropped of my e-ring and my wedding band to be polished back to new. They won''t be ready until at least Friday. I miss them!!! It''s tough be w/o something you waited a lifetime for!

39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hello...this forum set up is much more manageable!

Hope all is well and that the proposals are coming "girl soon"!!!
28.gif

klr

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
what does polishing do? I know.. its a dumb question... but how is it different from cleaning? (I just had my ering cleaned a week or so ago.. and it was so exciting.. but it only took about a minute!)

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
hp, do you live near MM or do you have someone else do the polishing?

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
MS, the polishing removes the "patina" that plat gets over time. Basically it buffs out the tiny scratches that makes it look dull/aged, and makes it shiny again.
9.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oh yeah.. forgot about that whole aspect of plat.. so I guess that wouldn''t be any good for my wg ring!

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
GG - When MM first started in the design business, he worked as a bench jeweler for Cooper Jewelers in Woburn, Mass. So when we were researching, and found MM, it just happened to be a coincidence that he was located only 30 miles from where we live! We found out that some of his stuff was available at Cooper''s -- which is even closer, so we thought we''d go and look at his work in person. Just so happens that they had the pre-set ring heart prongs ring in their case, it was the only one, and it had great specs and exactly the size we were looking for. Never thought we''d want a ring that was already set, but we really got lucky! So, that''s where I went to have it repolished. Mark''s platinum, I''m told, holds up better than most, but I think I hit some coral while we were on our HM in Hawaii which made a scratch that was noticeable to me! My husband was shocked that I left it there! I''m like, "hun, it used to live there til you bought it"...it''s weird being w/o my rings though...finger feels awkward!

Hope all is well w/ you? klr

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results