shape
carat
color
clarity

Does it look completely stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2009 6:54:57 PM
Author: atroop711
I think it came out great.....really looks beautiful!
Thank you Atroop!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2009 5:27:23 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
And thank you for posting that spess originally, Chrono!

I did, and he sent them to me, but looking through my email, I can''t find where I put that email for the life of me. He sent me 2 additional photos, and neither of them looked like it had any brown secondary, looked like slight yellow secondary, but I''ll have to wait to see it in person. I also didn''t see a window, because the original pic led me to believe there may have been one.

I''m nervous about it, mostly because I''ve had many spess purchases go wrong in the past, so I''m hoping my luck improves with this one.
Did you spot any inclusions through the pavilion? AJS is a good company but you have to know what to look for yourself. They will tell you the truth if you ask but if you don’t, they conveniently leave any information out. A slight yellow secondary is better than brown, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL,
Sorry for the threadjack about Lauren’s new spessartite. I also agree with you that most of the Nigerian I’ve seen tend towards brown and red, and also being large and clean. Of course, this is just in general but it seems to be true for the most part.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2009 8:29:15 AM
Author: Chrono
TL,
Sorry for the threadjack about Lauren’s new spessartite. I also agree with you that most of the Nigerian I’ve seen tend towards brown and red, and also being large and clean. Of course, this is just in general but it seems to be true for the most part.
NP, threadjack away, as long as we continue to discuss spessartites.
31.gif

I have to tell you that, considering we''re discussing brown and yellow modifiers in spessartite, I really liked my asscher (more red with a brown modifier) much better than the Loliondo cushion I recently returned with a yellow modifier. The brown in the new asscher wasn''t as overwhelming though as the yellow in the Loliondo though.

I think the cutting and the cleanliness also lended itself to a more attractive stone, and it''s a rich color. I guess every stone is different, but if all things are equal, you would rather have yellow than brown as a modifier in a spessartite, I agree.

My pear has absolutely no brown or yellow in it. It''s probably a pure orange color to my estimation, and I think this picture, taken in a dim room with natural light, shows that the asscher, while being slightly browner, still has a deep rich color. A yellower stone would be lighter than the pear, and that''s also an attractive color, unless it''s too yellow. I felt the Loliondo I recently returned was a bit too yellow for my taste.

TLspesscomparison.JPG

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Very fun! I am glad you found a stone for your halo setting :) I love the pic of all 3 rings-yum!!!

TL-what do you think of your oval double halo setting? Am planning one for an oval imperial garnet, but am a little worried about the setting-is it comfy???

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2009 8:52:48 AM
Author: stepcutnut
Very fun! I am glad you found a stone for your halo setting :) I love the pic of all 3 rings-yum!!!

TL-what do you think of your oval double halo setting? Am planning one for an oval imperial garnet, but am a little worried about the setting-is it comfy???
Thank you StepCutNut,

The double halo is very comfortable.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another really really lovely stone has found a home! Thank you for sharing this process with us. Congrats!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks StoneHunter.

I really love this shot I took in the evening sun.

TLspesseveningsun.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whooops, my edit of the picture kind of got in there instead of the actual cropped image I love.

TLspesseveningsun2.JPG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2009 11:30:46 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Whooops, my edit of the picture kind of got in there instead of the actual cropped image I love.
WOW that''s a great shot!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! TL, it turned out really nice!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was wondering why you decided to crop out a ring…maybe it’s something new that you aren’t ready to share yet.
31.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
The stunning colour of the stone against the white gold and diamonds distracts the eye away from the airline. It turned out beautifully, welll done!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks StoneHunter and Mochi!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2009 3:25:15 PM
I was wondering why you decided to crop out a ring…maybe it’s something new that you aren’t ready to share yet.
31.gif
Hi Chrono,
The cropped out piece is the picture of the spessartite ring in the next picture. That top picture is just a shrunken image of the actual photo from my 11 megapixel camera.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2009 7:24:10 PM
Author: simplysplendid
The stunning colour of the stone against the white gold and diamonds distracts the eye away from the airline. It turned out beautifully, welll done!
Thanks SimplySplendid.

This is one of my favorite rings, it really stands on it's own and makes a statement. The pictures do not do it justice. I've had a ton of compliments on it so far, and someone I work with actually thought it was a Tiffany piece.
6.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Well I''m not sure how I managed to let this little baby slip through my fingers. TL your ring is lovely, loved that last close-up.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2009 7:27:47 PM

31.gif
Hi Chrono,
The cropped out piece is the picture of the spessartite ring in the next picture. That top picture is just a shrunken image of the actual photo from my 11 megapixel camera.
I knew that once I scrolled down to the next picture but I couldn''t resist that little dig.
11.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/22/2009 8:26:18 AM

Date: 7/21/2009 7:27:47 PM

31.gif
Hi Chrono,
I knew that once I scrolled down to the next picture but I couldn''t resist that little dig.
11.gif
That''s okay. I deserve it after posting "the hand" in the other thread. I just think it''s hilarious how you make fun of your hands all the time, and they''re really not bad at all.
12.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/22/2009 3:42:17 AM
Author: Gailey
Well I''m not sure how I managed to let this little baby slip through my fingers. TL your ring is lovely, loved that last close-up.
Thanks Gailey. Did you mean this thread or the stone? Did you almost purchase the stone?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 8:39:48 AM

Date: 7/22/2009 3:42:17 AM
Author: Gailey
Thanks Gailey. Did you mean this thread or the stone? Did you almost purchase the stone?
No, the thread Honey. I daren''t unleash my orange side - it''s my favourite colour and the one I wear the most. I fear, if I start it will be a very slippery, but orange slope!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results