shape
carat
color
clarity

Does buying a 1ct. stone necessarily mean it will be poorly cut? (''keep the weight'')

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Just wondering what your thoughts were...

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
No. But many will have been just to get over the one carat mark and command the premium.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
More often than not the answer will be yes in todays market.
The penalty for the cutter to cut under the mark is just too great for them to take the risk.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
John's post brought to mind that Id better clarify my post:
If you do your homework there are totaly awesome 1ct diamonds out there but the poor cut ones will vastly outnumber them.
While this is true of any weight range you care to mention I think its worse at the 1ct and 2ct weight points than most of the others until you get to the 3ct+ point.

chris143007

Shiny_Rock
Hi John

What does WF offer to a potential customer when you (WF) receive a stone and put it through the ringer? IS or B-scope? sarin? etc...thanks

And I asked the original question because a vendor I am dealing with (VERY reputable on PS btw) is receiving a stone to their location on Tuesday and they tell me that from the numbers so far, it is VERY, etc. and it is 1.00 weight.....

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2004 1:53
6.gif
4 PM
Author: chris143007
Hi John

What does WF offer to a potential customer when you (WF) receive a stone and put it through the ringer? IS or B-scope? sarin? etc...thanks

And I asked the original question because a vendor I am dealing with (VERY reputable on PS btw) is receiving a stone to their location on Tuesday and they tell me that from the numbers so far, it is VERY, etc. and it is 1.00 weight.....

Hi Chris,

For the diamonds we have in inventory we provide online Grading Reports, Sarin numbers and Ideal Scope images. Many of them also have a clarity photo (40x), but we get the above info up asap: This is revolving stock - we're always removing stats on diamonds sold and putting up replacement stats as fast as possible. We have the same array of measurements available for any diamond we need to bring in-house for a customer.

We do not endorse B-Scope as a measuring device for reasons of relevancy and accuracy. This is a lively debate, and you can read my expanded reasoning - as well as some other points of view in this thread. (and many other searchable threads).

Since you are working with a reputable vendor from this site I'll wager that you are in good hands!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results