shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have experience with atypical migraines?

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Soocool thanks so much!! It is very helpful to hear your experience and I'm very happy to hear that you're doing well and feeling healthy. Last November I began having intermittent chest pain. When these severe pains started I couldn't catch my breathe and was very lightheaded and felt odd. They'd last a few minutes at most and then I'd feel fine until the next one hours or days later. I was taken to hospital but the EKG didn't show anything so I was sent home. I had an overall feeling for a couple of months like having flu, tired and muscle soreness but no nausea etc. Then end of January I lost consciousness suddenly while driving without any warning and had an episode a week later of disorientation/confusion while walking the dog. I still get tired easily.
I'm currently referred to a cardiologist at the Heart Institute, but there should be no issue seeing an electro physiologist as there are eight on staff. I'm incredibly lucky that we have the Heart Institute in our city, so I feel that I'll be very well taken care of. I had a cardiac procedure five years ago for PFO/atrial aneurism after stroke. It sounds like the pacemaker procedure is pretty straight forward and not too uncomfortable.
I am taking a beta blocker but have been told my heart looks great physically via electrocardiogram.
I know what you mean about feeling different mentally and emotionally. I went through that after having my stroke and heart procedure. It's odd knowing you have something man made in your heart that is protecting you from serious harm. Family and friends are supportive but they really don't understand this internal mental change. I can't even explain it well myself. Maybe a part of it is accepting that you can't control everything about yourself . I was very hyper alert/aware of every little thing going on with my body for a long time after the stroke and heart procedure and felt a great appreciation for everything around me; family, pets, nature etc. Even now I feel changed from who I was. Not in a bad way, just different. I'm not thrilled that I'm in my mid fifties and dealing with these issues, but I just think how lucky I am that there are medical interventions that can help. I wish you continued good health and I'll update after I see the cardiologist.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results