shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anybody watch WE cable channel Platinum Weddings??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

YMA

Shiny_Rock
I don't know if it's just me but when ever I watch these type of shows. I always wonder where in the H@ll do these people get all this wedding money from. What type of jobs do these people have and how can I get one :)

I can't even imagine spending $150,000 on "just wedding flowers", $56,000 on linens or $20,000 for "just" a meeting with Preston Bailey. Who in turn doesn't even show up to do the wedding himself, he sends his workers.

I love watching these shows but I always watch them in disgust at the amount of money these people spend.

I would love to see some type of follow up show to see if they are still together.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I agree! I''m the type of person who doesn''t want to spend 20k on the entire wedding, let alone one detail. Who knows if that''ll be possible, given that the average cost of a wedding in my area is around 30k, but I digress...

I too wonder about the future of these couples. After seeing a show on MTV or VH1 about an outrageously priced wedding my ff summed it up perfectly when he said that for brides (and some grooms) who spend an amount of money on a wedding equivalent to the price of a small country, their wedding day is the epitome of their existence. It doesn''t seem that the marriage matters to them, just the production they put on for the wedding day. I hope this isn''t true for all of these wealthy couples, but I think he had a point.

If someone wanted to throw hundreds of thousands (or even millions
23.gif
) of dollars at my wedding, I''d elope and buy a house!
9.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I watch both Bridezilla and Platinum Weddings (back to back on WE) and I really do NOT get the vibe from any of the Platinum Wedding couples that they won''t last. If anything, I get the impression that they (so far that I''ve watched) very solid couples. The only couple that I thought "hmmm, 6 months" was a couple from TX. Maybe it was b/c the bride was annoying me, lol, or because the groom kept saying "we do everything BIG here in Texas!" But it didn''t seem about the wedding or even themselves, but rather, showing off.

The Bridezilla couples however...ugh. I get a headache watching this show! The couples swear and hit at each other, in public and major tantrums! The birde usually treats the groom like he''s a dog, just yelling at him (and really,everyone). I''ve had to switch to something else because *I* start to feel beaten up!
20.gif

I personally couldn''t (wouldn''t) spend that much on a wedding, but it also seems like a lot of parents on Platinum Weddings say "It''s my only daughter..." "He''s our baby..."etc and the PARENTS are the ones rolling out the (literal) red carpets!

sera

Ideal_Rock
I like watching both of those shows... I love to see the flowers and the decor and all that. I love watching anything having to do with design and fashion.

I can''t imagine spending tens of thousands on linens, but of course I don''t have tens of thousands to spend on linens
3.gif
I suppose if my FF or Mommy and Daddy had millions I would get what I wanted because that is the look I dream of but wouldn''t throw money around to show that I was throwing money around.

I also can''t imagine treating someone the way those Bridezillas treat their "loved" ones- it''s sad. I''m sure being on t.v. they exaggerate their personalities to make themselves more "interesting," but I''ll bet it''s not too far from how they really are. If someone treated me like that, I would not hesitate in saying "BUH-bye!"

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
style="WIDTH: 97.34%; HEIGHT: 88px">Date: 8/15/2007 2:21:40 PM
Author: february2003bride
The only couple that I thought ''hmmm, 6 months'' was a couple from TX. Maybe it was b/c the bride was annoying me, lol, or because the groom kept saying ''we do everything BIG here in Texas!'' But it didn''t seem about the wedding or even themselves, but rather, showing off.

LOL! That couple drove me NUTS. Wasn''t their whole relationship long distance?

There was another couple that I figured wouldn''t make it, I can''t remember their names though. They were young and had already broken up once before.

With that being said, I love watching platinum weddings/bridezillas/engaged and underage.

The only thing that bother''s me about platinum weddings and shows like super sweet 16 is that there are starving people all over the world and they are spending a quarter of a million dollars on a one night event.
20.gif
I thank my lucky stars that I could never think of being that impractical and selfish. But then again I could win the lottery tomorrow and I would give away probably all but 15%.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I also wanted to add that when I watch platinum weddings I alway feel like I could do their same centerpieces and most of their decor a lot cheaper. I feel like some of those prices are jacked-up for the show.

YMA

Shiny_Rock
I didn''t mean to imply that I thought the couples wouldn''t last, but I was just interested in how many do last for the long haul.

I watch for all the beautiful ideas too, but it''s just funny how much people spend on weddings.

Even if I had it like that, I don''t honestly think I would spend that much on a wedding but then again you never know he he he.

Luckystar, I watch and think the same thing "I am sure I could find that for a lower price".

Oh and don''t get me started on Sweet 16, if you are gving your kid all that at 16 what do they have to look forward too in life and the way some of those kids act and talk to the parents OMG!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''m addicted to Engaged and Underage. My Super Sweet 16 scares the living daylights out of me, though. I used to watch it with my BF''s sister until I realized I watched it and thought, "What on earth is wrong with these people? This is ridiculous!" and she watched it and thought, "Why can''t that be me?" There''s been one family I''ve respected even a little bit. The daughter got her car (she was 15 and got a Lexus convertible) a day before she wanted it and pitched a fit and told her mother she ruined everything. So her parents returned the car. It was the first time I''ve seen a parent give any kind of consequence for negative behaviour on that show.

I''ve never heard of Platinum Weddings, though. What channel is it on?

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Princess.....Platinum Weddings and bridezillas is on the WE channel, I''m pretty sure on Sunday nights

As for the super sweet 16 episode you''re talking about...
They did a follow up and the mother DID end up giving her the car later. But then the girl''s brother TOTALED it so they bought her another one!!!!!!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

That girl was the biggest BRAT I have ever seen. The scene when all of her friends were trying on their dresses makes me the most mad!
38.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
That''s ridiculous.
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
What in the world were her parents thinking?

YMA

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I saw that one too I think was the same girl who called her mom a "stupid idiotic mom".

I don''t believe in violence but that child would have been picking herself off the floor!!!!

What do these people do for a living that they can spend that type of money on a wedding or 16 year old child????????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results