shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anybody know what this item is?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It is marked Sterling obviously very tarnished and on the side has this little screwback thing but I have no idea what it’s for. I thought vintage people would know!
B1EA7352-249A-4F0A-860C-BC67796DF721.jpeg 30BCC72B-C918-4A3E-A3F1-E373998F4A84.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
So, totally just spitballing...Could also be for a cravat. It somewhat looks like those old Turkish scimitar thingies. They were popular for men for a time.
Order of the something or other, I expect.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@ItsMainelyYou interesting theory! At first I agreed with The others because it does look like a clip earring or non-pierced earring rather. But it certainly would be an odd choice for an earring! So that makes sense. I found this at my grandparents old house along with two other sword items one is a pin and the other is just as teeny dagger and I don’t know what the heck it’s for but it sure is sharp!!

image.jpg image.jpg

I guess one of my grandparents had a thing for swords!! :lol:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I love old stuff like this. I usually have no idea why it is, but I enjoy the what?! that it is. I love subtle absurdity.
I would totally use the larger one for a badass letter opener and the little one to dramatically clean my nails menacingly and see if anyone notices!

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
It looks like an earring to me!

Flowery

Rough_Rock
I wear vintage screw backs, and some definitely go kind of tall up along your ear like that one would. I’d totally wear that as an earring!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, it is a screw back earring, probably Mid Century.
All things Asian/Middle Eastern were the rage.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results