shape
carat
color
clarity

Doctors--Should I get this checked out?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
You are absolutely doing the right thing. When I had my 2nd child, I finally had a reddish mole looked at and to my surprise, it was a stage 2 malignant melanoma. The dr did a 2nd procedure to excise more tissue around that area and I have had mole checks ever since(18 years now). It was a time of severe stress in my life and I believe my immune system was weak. The upside: I got out of the sun at an early age(26) and at 46, I am almost wrinkle free. When we do go to the shore, we avoid the target time(11am till 3pm) and we use mega-sunscreen. My hubby had a form of melanoma too, but much more serious and complicated, so we are one of those strange families that goes to the pool around 5pm. Don''t be too alarmed. Your doctor will know what''s what . Please let us know how it went.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
As a medical resident, I agree with with the other doctor-types here. It''s most likely totally benign, probably a seborrheic keratosis or benign nevus (mole)...but melanoma is something you don''t want to play around with. I''m glad you got the appointment, and a timely one at that - hopefully everything will be fine!

Also, more of a public service announcement here, but keep in mind the warning signs of melanoma:
A = Asymmetry
B = irregular Borders
C = Color variation (different colors within the same mole)
D = large Diameter (greater than 6mm)

http://www.melanomafoundation.org/prevention/abcd.htm

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the posts made by the other doctors. I had a mole like that and I got it removed pretty quickly.

I just wanted to say I love your .75 ct statement too...but I realized I have been on PS too long when I read that and thought...."oh it is about 6mm"

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My doc just called with the results--it''s completely benign and normal. (She removed it on Friday to biopsy it.)

YAY!

Thanks again everyone for your advice. I''m so relieved.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
That''s great news!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good news Haven!
emthup.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Great to hear!
35.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
glad to hear this, haven :)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
glad to hear all is well Haven!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results