shape
carat
color
clarity

Do your wedding bands match?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
and this is mine

n9310640_38892777_6336.jpg

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
We''re non-matchy also!! The metals are somewhat the same color, since he has palladium (w/o diamonds) and I have platinum (with diamonds). Based on the responses here it seems non-matching is the new trend. And very few couples that I know IRL have matching rings. I kinda like the non-matchy trend.
2.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Ours don''t match. His is white gold with what sort of resembles small piped edges if that makes sense? Mine is a white gold 3/4 eternity band w/ baguettes and rounds. I never even considered getting matching bands...I wanted lots of sparkle!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe well i have platinum eternity rings and my husband has a titanium and gold tension set ring...so our rings TOTALLY don''t match or even come close. no one has ever commented. i think that most people can tell we didn''t try to match them and instead just did what we liked individually. the friends i have had who have gotten married recently as well didn''t try to match, just got what each of them liked and wanted to wear.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know anyone who has a matching band. Mine is a 2mm plain plat. His is a 7mm Tungsten carbide with a scallop design. I was going to get a matching one for when we travel (they don''t scratch) but realized I would wear my set, or at least my plain band, unless we were in the most unsafe of places.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 12:36:02 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I don''t know anyone who has a matching band. Mine is a 2mm plain plat. His is a 7mm Tungsten carbide with a scallop design. I was going to get a matching one for when we travel (they don''t scratch) but realized I would wear my set, or at least my plain band, unless we were in the most unsafe of places.

Ditto. . . oh wait a second, my parents match! My wedding band that I never wear is white gold and my hubby''s band it yellow 18k gold.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Another non-matcher!
I have a palladium band with engraving and bright polish and it has an interesting high profile. His is titanium with 14k rose gold and is flat.

340-2C7V3439B.JPG

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Well I am glad to see we are just so trendy
2.gif
!

KindredSpirit: Yeah my mom wondered the same thing. My dad and her have matching gold bands with a design.

Logan Sapphire: That sounds like our bands. 2 different metals. I think its funny no one has commented on it. We used to get it all the time when we 1st got married!

WTNLVR: I haven''t thought of it, but you''re right. I don''t see a lot of matching rings/sets in the stores anymore, unless you get the 3 piece sets and they aren''t semimounts or anything. Yeah my husband''s is two toned, but it really just looks like YG.

Girlrocks: That''s an idea, to have matching bands, for when you have to be without the sparklies

Catmom: Seems like tungsten and titanium are growing in popularity. Wonder if it''s because they are more scratch resistant/durable.

Sumbride: Haha, we have matching concert tees (sort of from the same band) and it''s pretty cute (in my opinion) because if I get ready in the morning and wear mine, he digs through the closet looking for his.

CurlyGirl: I think full eternity bands are pretty, but not sure how I would feel with them on a guy anyway.... depends on the style

Dtnyc: That''s funny to match after the fact. I think most people if they are going to match do it in the beginning.

Njc: Guess he wanted to make his a little more fancy than plan platinum, with all the pretty diamonds you got
2.gif

Robbie: Thanks for the pics! Your nails look great!!! Your rings look nice!

OneDrop: yeah non matchies!

Kimberly H: I wanted lots of sparkle too. Hubby at first just wanted "whatever they had that''s plan" then after we got married it was cute he was like "maybe I want a fancier one too" this coming from the man that doesn''t like to buy jewelry.
2.gif

Mara: I think it''s good to get what you like. You''re the one who has to wear it. Your husband''s band sounds interesting do you have any pictures of it?

TravelingGal: Yeah I have a cheapo (just sterling silver) one for when we are doing things like panting the house, etc. But I like wearing my set when I can
1.gif

IndieJones: Thanks for the picture! I think it''s more common to see flat bands on men than women. Your rings look nice!

PS: Did hubby pick out his own band/pick them out together? Or did you choose it for him?

We went ring shopping together, so I got to pick mine and he got to pick his.

Thanks for all the replies I love hearing all the varieties out there! Keep them coming
36.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I actually went w-band shopping with his mother first.
23.gif
2.gif
(I really adore his mom, we just went house hunting together! ) We both agreed that he''d probably like a flat textured rose-gold band the best. I took him the next day to the mall and that was exactly what he preferred!
So when we got home I scouted all the many jewelry stores and found the one with the most rose-gold men''s band options. I took him there and we picked out our rings together. I couldn''t have picked my ring without his help and encouragement!
5.gif

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
I always assumed we''d get matching bands (and that''s what I wanted) but when the time came, hubby didn''t like the completely plain bands. He ended up with a 6mm plain with milgrain and mine is 3mm plain -- both yellow gold so the overall effect is matchy (especially since no one around us wears YG!) Now the problem is, I want to change to a white gold set but I probably won''t because I want our bands to match and he''d never switch colors..

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 11:48:47 PM
Author: kcoursolle
Ours match in a non-matchy sort of way. They are both greyish metals (platinum and palladium), but his is thick and with a satin center, and mine has five big diamonds LOL!
kcoursolle, I LOVE your guy''s band. I''m going to have to save your picture to show to FI
1.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never knew it was a "thing" to have matching wedding bands. My boyfriend assumes we''ll get ones that match but it doesn''t matter at all to me.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 6:21:05 PM
Author: musey

Ours match in a non-matchy sort of way. They are both greyish metals (platinum and palladium), but his is thick and with a satin center, and mine has five big diamonds LOL!
kcoursolle, I LOVE your guy''s band. I''m going to have to save your picture to show to FI
1.gif
Hi musey, here''s the thread all about the band in case he likes it! https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fis-18k-palladium-wedding-band-from-knoxjewelers-biz.58340/
It was from knoxjewelers.biz and is well-made and reasonably priced.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 9:38:04 AM
Author: sumbride
Ours won''t match. We get embarrassed enough when we accidentally dress alike to do such a thing on purpose!

Mine will be prong set sapphires (should have it this week!!!) and he'' thinking either two-tone or two-texture, but hasn''t picked his out yet.
oooooh, I can''t wait to see the pictures of your sapphire band! It sounds lovely!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 8:43:23 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Ours don''t match - mine are thin shanks and platinum, his is wg and thick. He''d look pretty silly with a 1.8 mm band!!! LOL.
Ha ha... That''s exactly what I was thinking while deciding on my hubby''s band: I have a 2mm platinum band!
9.gif
His wedding band (also in platinum) is either 5 or 6mm. I also want to add that my sister wears her e-ring in a platinum & diamond setting without her wedding band whereas her hubby wears a very thick (7-8mm) titanium band. Honestly I don''t think I have seen too many couples with matching bands.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 8:49:21 PM

Ours won''t match. We get embarrassed enough when we accidentally dress alike to do such a thing on purpose!

Mine will be prong set sapphires (should have it this week!!!) and he'' thinking either two-tone or two-texture, but hasn''t picked his out yet.

oooooh, I can''t wait to see the pictures of your sapphire band! It sounds lovely!

Pics just posted here! Sapphire Band

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 11:14:07 PM

Date: 5/1/2007 8:49:21 PM

Pics just posted here! Sapphire Band
Wow that is really pretty! It looks great with your e-ring too!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
When we got married a million years ago in 1990 I had one of those weird sets that were so popular then--you know, where the two pieces fit together kind of like a puzzle but neither ring looks right on its own--and he had a plain 6mm band. Both yellow gold, which was like a requirement or something.
20.gif
So at least the metals matched.

Fifteen years later when my original set started to fall apart I replaced it with a 1940''s vintage white gold set, and we decided he needed a new ring, too, since we didn''t match at all any more. He ended up with a flat 9mm brushed-finish titanium band from Boonerings.com (highly recommended, by the way!) . . . so we both have white/grey metals, but the styles couldn''t be farther apart.

I just went to my cousin''s wedding last weekend, by the way, and I noticed that he had a yg band and she had a diamond band in a white metal . . .

InlovewithJHK

Shiny_Rock
ours don''t match... mine is pave diamonds on plat and his is white gold that is brushed in the middle and polished on the sides

My parents never matched because my mom wears her grandmother''s ring (plat with diamonds and some sort of engraved detail work) and my dad has a white and yellow gold artsy looking ring

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ours don''t match either. I don''t think I even know anyone''s who''s rings do match...

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 9:58:36 AM
Author: mrssalvo
ours don''t match either. I don''t think I even know anyone''s who''s rings do match...

Me, either. I think I knew one woman who got the whole trio set where her e-ring and wedding band matched and her husband had a larger version of her wedding band. We kind of looked into that idea and weren''t really very impressed with what we saw. I don''t think it''s been very popular for quite a while and there''s not much selection.

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is a platinum half eternity band and his is stainless steel. I wanted him to pick out something he would wear and like. My only stipulation was I wanted it to be a white metal, which looks better on him anyway. So we "match" color-wise, but that''s about it!
face23.gif

Img_ssas.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 8:47:15 PM
Date: 5/1/2007 6:21:05 PM

Author: musey

1.gif

Hi musey, here''s the thread all about the band in case he likes it! https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fis-18k-palladium-wedding-band-from-knoxjewelers-biz.58340/

It was from knoxjewelers.biz and is well-made and reasonably priced.
Thanks so much, k!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH has a matte 5mm plain, flat platinum band. I have, well, several different bands that I wear (separately) on my left ring finger!
9.gif
But none are exactly like his. When we got married, my wedding band was a 2mm wide eternity band, channel-set diamonds in an engraved platinum setting. So, totally unlike his, but still platinum. I now own a coupla plain platinum bands, but none of them are flat and matte like his. I''ve never cared that we don''t match -- as long as he wears his, period!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i think i mentioned what our idea is for our wedding bands...but here it is again..he came up with it all by himself...its soo cool lol

ok he wants a pure black titanium band with white diamonds channel set very close together going through the middle of the ring...the black with white diamonds is unique and its very much him...and for me we may decide to go with a very delicate band with interchanging white and BLACK diamonds or very dark saphires to give my set a dark look like his so were not totally matchy but we are...what do you guys think??

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 3:58:07 PM
Author: emilina22
i think i mentioned what our idea is for our wedding bands...but here it is again..he came up with it all by himself...its soo cool lol

ok he wants a pure black titanium band with white diamonds channel set very close together going through the middle of the ring...the black with white diamonds is unique and its very much him...and for me we may decide to go with a very delicate band with interchanging white and BLACK diamonds or very dark saphires to give my set a dark look like his so were not totally matchy but we are...what do you guys think??
Definately unique. I don''t know much about black diamonds, would they be as sparkly? I also think black diamonds can be masculine, so it would also depend how they were set, do you have any ideas? Sorry not to be a downer, but you asked... I would just want to see the diamonds in person first to make sure they would sparkle and not take away from the e-ring.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 11:51:41 AM
Author: AmantdeChat
Mine is a platinum half eternity band and his is stainless steel. I wanted him to pick out something he would wear and like. My only stipulation was I wanted it to be a white metal, which looks better on him anyway. So we ''match'' color-wise, but that''s about it!
face23.gif
I like your rings, very nice! I wish DH had picked a white metal. But in all fairness our first rings were YG (not matching though, anniversary diamond plain vs plain w/ milagrained edges). When I changed mine to WG (LOL this was prior to the platinum) that''s when he decided to get a new one in two-tone. He really likes it, but the diamonds in it look like diamond chips and I am not crazy about it. I keep dropping hints like geeee hunny when I get my new center stone, would you like me to get you a fancy new ring or a WG or platinum one. He always says no he likes his ring (in a sad kinda voice) so I haven''t asked again.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 3:00:44 PM
Author: KristyDarling
DH has a matte 5mm plain, flat platinum band. I have, well, several different bands that I wear (separately) on my left ring finger!
9.gif
But none are exactly like his. When we got married, my wedding band was a 2mm wide eternity band, channel-set diamonds in an engraved platinum setting. So, totally unlike his, but still platinum. I now own a coupla plain platinum bands, but none of them are flat and matte like his. I''ve never cared that we don''t match -- as long as he wears his, period!
Oh how fun you get to change it up!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Ours don''t match per se, but if someone found them both, they might consider them a set. DH has an 8mm wg knife edge band with engraving on one face of the knife edge. I have a 4mm wg pipe-cut band with the same pattern engraved on, umm, the parts that aren''t the face of the ring. The profiles I guess? It was important to us to have a common element, but we knew it was unlikely we''d want the same thing. My parents had the same wedding band, but I can''t think of anyone else either!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 5:37:23 PM
Author: mercoledi
Ours don''t match per se, but if someone found them both, they might consider them a set. DH has an 8mm wg knife edge band with engraving on one face of the knife edge. I have a 4mm wg pipe-cut band with the same pattern engraved on, umm, the parts that aren''t the face of the ring. The profiles I guess? It was important to us to have a common element, but we knew it was unlikely we''d want the same thing. My parents had the same wedding band, but I can''t think of anyone else either!
That sounds really cool the way it is engraved! Do you have any pics? Did it have to be hand engraved to be done like that?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results