Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I work at a local jewelry store

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I work for an online jewelry store

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Work at a jewelry store? I often wonder if any of us in the PS family work at jewelry stores. Every time I go into Tiffany''s, HW or Cartier, etc. I always think "I wonder if they are on PS?". This can be anonymous.
9.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted no but I would LOVE the discount!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I considered applying at Neil Lane
9.gif
they''re not flexi enough for me though...

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
No but I used to work at one pre-PS...I must say its a great way to master how to sell FROZEN SPIT....Sorry if I sold to any of you.....
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I saw an ad for a local jewelry store hiring, and I nearly thought about it - but the position is FT and I couldn''t do that
7.gif
I''d love to find a PT job at a *good* jeweler''s, but it seems that most places that I frequent want to hire FT (which is pretty cool, when you think about it).

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I live near Seattle and have thought of applying at Blue Nile in telephone customer service (where I can sit rather than stand on my feet all day), but right now, I'm focusing on my kids (doing volunteering at the school). Maybe in a few years. . . IF I decide to get my GIA cert.

As far as a discount, it seems the lusture of diamonds would fade if around them all day. If I sold them as a job, I think the LAST thing I'd want to look at after leaving work is another diamond!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I had an exhusband that owned a jewelry store (parents owned the main store, and opened two smaller branches for their sons). We were several steps above the Zales, Jareds, but our focus in the early 70''s was on clarity and color, not on cut.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I lived close enough, I would LOVE to work at Tiffany''s! And yes, I would reinvest every penny I made in the company!
9.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Musey- I would love to work at Neil Lane :) :) :)

It seems like most of us stay away from the hole that would be jewelry store working :) Although, think of how educated we could make our customers :)

Anyone know what the employee discounts are like at fine jewelry stores?

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
AND WHOEVER WORKS AT TIFFANY''S, HW, CARTIER, ETC....LUCKY DUCKY! I would DIE for your job (if only I could learn not to purchase everything!). I would like to work in customer service (that way when you take the rings back to be polished, you can try them on
27.gif
)

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2008 1:24:04 AM
Author: UCLABelle
AND WHOEVER WORKS AT TIFFANY''S, HW, CARTIER, ETC....LUCKY DUCKY! I would DIE for your job (if only I could learn not to purchase everything!). I would like to work in customer service (that way when you take the rings back to be polished, you can try them on
27.gif
)
ROFLMAO!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I had an interview today at a high end jeweler today and it looks good that i may be able to get back into the trade and not work Sundays!It was great to look at the store''s natural yellow diamonds,south seas pearls and Ideal cut diamonds!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2008 1:21:59 AM
Musey- I would love to work at Neil Lane :) :) :)

It seems like most of us stay away from the hole that would be jewelry store working :) Although, think of how educated we could make our customers :)

Anyone know what the employee discounts are like at fine jewelry stores?
Depends on the jeweler...I have been lucky and worked for companies that allowed for jewelry purchases at cost.Then there are some that allow for only like 40%off of their high retails.I worked for an independant (when gold was $350.00/ounce)that allowed me to buy any trade in gold at $4.00 a gram for 14karat gold and new 14kt. items for $8.00-12.00 a gram...I NEVER CAME HOME WITH A PAY CHECK!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was at university full time I worked casual at a local jewellers. Now that I am a full time nurse in theatre we work 10 hour shifts, so I only do 4 days per week. I was able to keep a permanent all day Tuesday shift at the jewellers on my day off from the hospital - PERFECT! I love the discount
9.gif
I'm sensible with what I spend, but I figure, it's my second job, it's my play money, I will do with it as I wish. And I do!
41.gif
We get anywhere between 50-80% off retail, and I can pass my discounts onto friends and family as I choose. I can be very popular at (hospital) work!
31.gif

One would think I would tire of jewels, having worked amongst them for 8 years... I must have missed that memo
37.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
No, I dont, but I SERIOUSLY thought about doing it on a part-time basis last yr...I think I would love it (except I would not like the high-pressure sales-part, which I know is the "main" part of the job and that stinks)...guess you never know!!!!
2.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t but I''ve always thought it would be so much fun to play all day amongst the goodies! Plus there is the discount.........hmmmmm.........

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Jewelerman-Congrats on the interview! I hope you get the job!!!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
I have a friend who does PR work for Bailey, Banks & Biddle in NYC AND SHE DOESN'T EVEN LIKE DIAMONDS!

*sigh*

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2008 10:53:07 AM
Thanks so much for the post!Its really appreciated...The interviewer mentioned that they just sold a 20 carat diamond...now thats my type of store!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW...I''d love to see that 20 ct. rock!!!!

I thought about working part time at a jewelry store years ago, but would be their #1 customer and decided against it.

Lori

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/22/2008 6:30:56 AM
Author: loriken214
WOW...I''d love to see that 20 ct. rock!!!!

I thought about working part time at a jewelry store years ago, but would be their #1 customer and decided against it.

Lori
We''ve employed plently of regular customers over the years, let me tell you!!
9.gif
They often make exceptional salespeople as they are so passionate and honest about what they''re selling!!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2008 10:53:07 AM
Ditto.

Personally, I would love a part-time job in a high end jewellery store. That would be fun retail (as fun as retail can be, anyway!)

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 8:42:10 PM
Author: purrfectpear
I had an exhusband that owned a jewelry store (parents owned the main store, and opened two smaller branches for their sons). We were several steps above the Zales, Jareds, but our focus in the early 70''s was on clarity and color, not on cut.

That''s interesting, Purrfect Pear!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve thought about applying to either Tiffany''s or Mervis Diamonds when I go back to work. Since I have that life-time trade-up policy with Mervis, though, I''d probably be trying a different shape every week, just for fun ;-)

Seriously, though, it was my husband who suggested that I look at jewelry stores when I go back to work (I have a law firm marketing background but found it boring). I think it might be a fun thing to do, but maybe kind of dangerous for someone who loves jewelry so much ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results