shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you wish you had a video?

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
For you newlyweds... I was wondering if any of you regret getting or not getting a video for your wedding? We are getting married in june and found a great photographer, but I just keep thinking how the day is going to fly by and I want to remember it all. We are practicing this choreographed first dance, etc. and now I am reconsidering finding a videographer.

Do you wish you did a video?

For those who did... waste of money?

Any opinions?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No video, and no regrets.

But we also didn''t do a first dance (though we did have a first karaoke song as a bridal party group). I personally am more of a photo person anyways. I am also a goofball through and through so I''m glad not to have my un-bride-like behavior caught on film
3.gif

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I''m getting married at the end of May, and I originally was not going to do a video. I kept thinking about it, because I know it''s probably not something I will watch all that often, but I know that there are memories that I''m going to want to be able to see again someday. So I decided to go with the most inexpensive videographer I could find. I don''t want anything special, just somebody to catch all the important stuff. I''m really happy that I decided to go for it.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I responded in your other thread. :)

ETA: I should add that my only requirement was that they shot the video in HD. It's not the most amazing video but I have one. I hope that helps!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Do you know someone with a video camera? That''s the video we have, and we haven''t even bothered to watch it yet...
37.gif
I''m glad we didn''t spend money on it, because I hate watching myself, I think I look nerdy. Well, maybe I am nerdy but I don''t need to be reminded!
9.gif

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
We don''t have a video, and its the thing I regret the most. Especially since it was DH''s grandmother''s last big event, she declined quickly afterwards (cancer). Wish I had just bought one, and handed the camera over to someone.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
D''s uncle is a videographer and wanted to shoot our wedding. I told him I didn''t want a video, but he insisted. I have yet to actually see the video (it''s been 2.5 years), but I''m sure it''s lovely. The problem for me was that he''s in a lot of our ceremony shots since he was walking around filming. I don''t have a problem with video, but I don''t want the person shooting the video in my shots.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love having a wedding video!

I don''t think it''s something you''ll *really* miss if you can''t have it, but I do think a videographer is a great thing to have if your budget allows.

That being said, we''re home-video-watching type of people. I love DH''s bar mitzvah video from 1983, it''s quite possibly the funniest thing I''ve ever seen.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t have one and I didn''t miss it.

I can''t bear to watch myself on video, so I would never have looked at it. Also, I''ve never seen one yet that didn''t make me cringe. I know there will be awesome ones out there, it''s just that I never saw one. If you do go for it, I would suggest seeing samples of the person''s work, to make sure it will be fantastic and something you''ll want to watch over and over.

shelby09

Rough_Rock
I was debating on getting a video, and was sold when one of my friends hired a videographer who did same day edits... so our ceremony was edited and played at our reception. It was beautiful. I was able to share it the next day with alll my family and friends online... and i''ve watched it over 100 times (we got married one week ago). That was just the highlighted version, and I''m looking forward to the full length video. A lot of time, effort, and people were involved in making the day so special, and I want to remember all of it.

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
Instead of spending the money on a videographer, we just bought a video camera and stand and placed it where it would have an uninterrupted view of the alter. We got the wedding ceremony on film and then some friends video taped parts of the reception for us. The video is obviously not professional quality but it captures our vows and other special moments. For me thats all I wanted of the wedding. And now we have a video camera for recording other life events.

If you want a professional looking video then hire a professional, but if you just want a recording of the day, buy a video camera.

I do think having a video is really great. I'd be sad if I only had pictures.

I would recommend doing a video in some form.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, I didn''t get one done and I regretted it a little bit until I went to my friends'' wedding in February. There was seriously an orbiting circle of videographers and photographers around then for EVERY. SINGLE. MOMENT. My friend couldn''t give his speech until the video people got the sound working, etc. I would have felt horribly awkward with a videographer around like that.

My older sister set up a videocamera to the side of the altar so we have the ceremony on video. I haven''t even gotten it from her yet so I don''t know how it turned out. I guess that means it''s not that important to me, huh?
3.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Nope. We have a sound recording though and I made (spent hours) a DVD that is the sound recording synced to a slideshow of the ceremony. For the reception, there is a second part of the DVD and it''s hooked up to the key songs (first dance, parent dance, cake cutting, bouquet toss, first dancing song, last dancing song) from our reception. It''s basically a wedding video without the awkwardness of seeing people looking goofy on video. I love watching it.

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
I know I wouldn''t watch a video if we had it. I don''t even know where my Bat Mitzvah video is! Some people are more into watchin home videos though....

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I had a video made of our ceremony, because we had a tiny elopement/destination wedding with only about a dozen people, and many relatives who couldn''t attend because of illness or financial reasons. We wanted our grandparents and my brothers to be able to see the ceremony since they couldn''t be there in person.

We went to my DH''s grandfather''s nursing home with the video after we got back from the wedding, to show him the ceremony. We had to air it in the public TV room. Once word spread that there was a video of a wedding on the tube, people started pouring out of their rooms to come and watch. DH''s grandfather was so proud, and it was really touching to hear all the old folks reminisce about their weddings. It was worth it for that moment alone.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a wedding video and I''m absolutely thrilled that we did it. I adore looking at it and we have a couple of times since we got married last year.

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
My cousin taped most of it for me (without me asking), but I haven''t seen it yet. It''s been almost a year. Guess it wasn''t really that important to me. So I''m glad I didn''t pay someone to do it for me!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i didn''t have a video and have never regretted not doing so....but friends of mine who had one really love it.

grace10209

Rough_Rock
I wish I had a video.
7.gif

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
I did not get a video and while I don''t regret it (since I didn''t really want a camera in my face all the time), I wish that someone in my group had recorded the walk down the aisle/ceremony. I feel like I missed the good stuff (flowergirl, my DH''s face as I walked in). Other than that 20 minutes, I felt like and still feel that it wasn''t necessary for me.

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
If the videographer was in your face and unable to capture moments without interrupting them, a bad videographer was picked. Ours was incredible. They were not in the way, nor did I really even notice them. Although I haven''t seen our professional pictures yet, I would be shocked if our photographers had any pictures of the videographers. I mean, it''s pretty easy to avoid.

My 92 year old grandmother couldn''t make the 12 hour trip so we got the video for her. I won''t have the video for another month but I''m already happy I decided to go with a videographer. Even though I hate seeing myself on video, I really want to see the ceremony again. I felt like I walked in in the middle of the action. It will be great to see my husband seating his mom and everyone walking down the aisle. Plus hearing our vows will be sweet. Oh I also tripped walking down the aisle, so that should be funny to see.

STEPHANSON

Shiny_Rock
my husband and i never planned on getting a video, but at our church two other members really like making music videos ect ... but never done a wedding. so they offered to do ours for free. i am so glad we got a video of the whole evening and little music videos of each section of the wedding.

i would suggest people buying videos,

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results