carat
color
clarity

Do You Wear Perfume?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1394401916|3630625 said:
FWIW, I've recently discovered the complex and heavenly scent of freshly-grated nutmeg!
I bought seeds online and grate them into my oatmeal every morning! Yummmm!
Maybe I'll rub some behind my ears. :lol: [/attachment]

I used to wear vanilla extract as a "perfume"!

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
rosetta said:
Aw I feel bad for those who can't wear scent: it's such a joy and it makes me feel properly dressed. I get a lot more compliments for my perfumes than I do for my diamonds.

If anyone wants recommendations, tell me what is your comfort zone and I'll try to steer you towards more niche stuff so you are unlikely to come across anyone smelling the same.

Ooohhhh.....how fun! I'm always trying to find something different and would love any suggestions. I love light scents. I have fallen back on a sweet, light scent called Pure Sugar this winter. I get lots of compliments. I smell like a cookie, too. :) I also like florals but I find it hard to find subtle florals. My hubby is quite picky. It is not unusual for us to be walking through a store and I pick up a tester for him to smell and his response? "Smells like Off. I have some of that in the garage." :-/ I like some fruity scents but nothing citrus. I feel like I can smell the alcohol, chemical smell in too many perfumes. Perhaps it is just me.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1394406342|3630670 said:
FWIW, I've recently discovered the complex and heavenly scent of freshly-grated nutmeg!

I love that.
You are awesome.

So was it McCormick No. 9 or Kirkland No. 5?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1394403688|3630648 said:
Kenny, Jo Malone makes a fragrance called nutmeg and ginger. I haven't smelled it but perhaps it would be something you would like?
Also you can search by note at lucky scent if you are so inclined to try new perfumes. I love Lucky Scent because they sell samples so you don't have to commit to a full bottle till you are sure and their descriptions are very entertaining.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/section/1/page/1/Fragrances.html

Missy, thank you for this link - I checked it out and ordered 4 samples - such fun (and affordable)!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A zillion years ago I worked at a food supermarket.
One clerk told me about a customer who stank like a … uhm … toilet never flushed. :knockout:

She said, "He must have been wearing Manu No. 2."

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I tried to wear perfume as a teenager and would go about my day with watering eyes/sneezing and more often than not a rash! I've since given up. :lol:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1394407688|3630683 said:

I love that.
You are awesome.

Kirkland, my dear. Real vanilla extract is expensive! :lol:

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

Okay, I LOVE these smells, but they make me so hungry! If I actually wore them around every day I'd just want to eat cake and cookies all day.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1394409978|3630709 said:

I love that.
You are awesome.

Oh, but Kirkland IS real VE, dearie. ;-)

Yes, real VE is expensive when you buy it in those 2 ounce bottles in a supermarket, like the Lemon Extract bottle on the right.
But for $8.13 you get 16-ounces of REAL VE at Costco.
It may be even cheaper than what a regular supermarket charges for the imitation stuff.

The full pint of real vanilla extract is one of the best deals at Costco.

Now you can bath in it.

screen_shot_2014-03-09_at_8.png

screen_shot_2014-03-09_at_0.png

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Gotta love Costco!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1394424388|3630841 said:
madelise|1394409978|3630709 said:

I love that.
You are awesome.

Oh, but Kirkland IS real VE, dearie. ;-)

Yes, real VE is expensive when you buy it in those 2 ounce bottles in a supermarket, like the Lemon Extract bottle on the right.
But for $8.13 you get 16-ounces of REAL VE at Costco.
It may be even cheaper than what a regular supermarket charges for the imitation stuff.

The full pint of real vanilla extract is one of the best deals at Costco.

Now you can bath in it.

That's what I meant when I said Kirkland! I gotta invest in the vanilla extract from Costco! It's too expensive elsewhere! :lol:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
purplesparklies|1394407267|3630680 said:
rosetta said:
Aw I feel bad for those who can't wear scent: it's such a joy and it makes me feel properly dressed. I get a lot more compliments for my perfumes than I do for my diamonds.

If anyone wants recommendations, tell me what is your comfort zone and I'll try to steer you towards more niche stuff so you are unlikely to come across anyone smelling the same.

Ooohhhh.....how fun! I'm always trying to find something different and would love any suggestions. I love light scents. I have fallen back on a sweet, light scent called Pure Sugar this winter. I get lots of compliments. I smell like a cookie, too. :) I also like florals but I find it hard to find subtle florals. My hubby is quite picky. It is not unusual for us to be walking through a store and I pick up a tester for him to smell and his response? "Smells like Off. I have some of that in the garage." :-/ I like some fruity scents but nothing citrus. I feel like I can smell the alcohol, chemical smell in too many perfumes. Perhaps it is just me.

I think you will find something you like at Jo Malone. She makes light scents, many of which have a light foody theme. Do you have a store near you?

For something more unusual, try Bulgari au thé blanc and Hermessence Osmanthe Yunnan. You could also try Trish McEvoy No 9 (blackberry and vanilla)

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have three favorites, Dolce & Gabbana's The One (the original), Armani Code, and Boucheron Trouble. Trouble has been discontinued as far as I am aware, and haven't worn Code in several years but The One is my daily favorite. On me, it's soft, warm and delicate. Once in a while I'll combine The One with Michael Kors' Very Hollywood.

The flower that all of these have in common is the Jasminum Sambac. I like warm, soft floral-oriental scents. I'm never without a spritz of perfume. For me it's part of getting dressed (even if I'm staying at home and cleaning), and goes on before anything else!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1394403739|3630651 said:
Cool.

Thanks missy.

marymm said:
missy|1394403688|3630648 said:
Kenny, Jo Malone makes a fragrance called nutmeg and ginger. I haven't smelled it but perhaps it would be something you would like?
Also you can search by note at lucky scent if you are so inclined to try new perfumes. I love Lucky Scent because they sell samples so you don't have to commit to a full bottle till you are sure and their descriptions are very entertaining.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/section/1/page/1/Fragrances.html

Missy, thank you for this link - I checked it out and ordered 4 samples - such fun (and affordable)!

You're both very welcome. Lucky Scent is my favorite place to order online but there are also 2 more sites I order from if lucky scent doesn't have what I am looking for. The Perfumed Court and Surrender to Chance.

http://theperfumedcourt.com

http://surrendertochance.com

If anyone wants vanilla recs let me know. That's my personal favorite fragrance. Warm vanilla, light vanilla, winter vanilla, summer vanilla- you name it I have a recommendation.

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
rosetta said:
I think you will find something you like at Jo Malone. She makes light scents, many of which have a light foody theme. Do you have a store near you?

For something more unusual, try Bulgari au thé blanc and Hermessence Osmanthe Yunnan. You could also try Trish McEvoy No 9 (blackberry and vanilla)

Awesome! Thank you so much. I will check into these, for sure. No Jo Malone near me, unfortunately. I like the sound of the blackberry vanilla. Love vanilla. Yum! My current go-to is actually Pink Sugar. Smells like a cross between a cookie and cotton candy. I think I'd prefer a little something different as we move into Spring, though. I'm looking forward to checking out your recommendations.

Boatluvr

Shiny_Rock
I've only worn one scent for the last ten years; 'Classic' by Banana Republic. It's clean and light. On my last trip to Cali my granddaughter crawled up onto my lap and told me I smelled soooo good and she missed me soooo much! I left a small bottle of my perfume for her to spritz on her pillow when she misses me. Sometimes she wears it too. She's only eight, but it's very light! ;-)

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
Yes, and I wear Chanel Mademoiselle. I use a minimal amount, since it's quite strong, and I don't want to give people around me headaches. It's just enough for people to ask me what I'm wearing :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1394289979|3629969 said:
My favorite has always be Le air de temp, by Nina Ricci.

I love that perfume, I used to wear it all the time! I also love Chanel No. 5. I just fell out of the habit of using perfume when I had kids, not sure why, just didn't think about it I guess. Now when I put on perfume I get a headache, happens if I use heavily scented body lotions too.

NTave

Shiny_Rock
Every day. Without fail. Mascara and perfume. Everything else is a maybe.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
JulieN|1394347961|3630383 said:
This reminds me, I should stop by my local discount store and pick up some Britney Spears, or other celebrity fragrance, on the cheap.

Julie, DH and I were in a store recently and the salesgirl insisted that I try Beyonce's new scent "Pulse". To say I was reluctant is an understatement, but DH convinced me to be a sport and shock of all shocks, I loved it. I was floored!! It's super light and has a bit of citrus to it.

We didn't buy it but if anyone was looking for something in that genre, I'd suggest trying it out. I assumed you were joking of course :)) .

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
I'm embarrassed to say that I like some of the celebrity perfumes :oops:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I wear perfume everyday. I particularly love Rose scents. My wedding scent was Red Roses by Jo Malone. I still wear it a lot. I also like Eau de Rose by Diptyque. It's a soft light pure rose smell.

I also wear Jo Malone's Earl Grey and Cucumber quite a bit. I love that it's fresh with a touch of floral. I don't like wearing anything woodsy or too heavy. But I have been known to dab a little vanilla behind the ears when I am baking cookies. I don't think that's strange at all...

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Kiehl's Musk Oil. Love!

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
No perfume, makeup, nail polish or hair dye ever. Jewelry and very long hair are my only nods to feminine stuff, I kind of live like a guy.

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Jo Malone seems to be really popular. I think I have a few samples somewhere in MIL's house.

Sparklelu,

I remember seeing this brand at Urban Outfitters long time ago. They make weird scents!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love KAI perfume. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1394686513|3633131 said:
I love KAI perfume. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.
In that case you definitely should try aftelier cuir de gardenia if you get a chance. It's a gorgeous gardenia!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I'm a Bvlgari wearer.
Rose Essential and Jasmine Noir are my everyday scents.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Disappointed no-one else loves my two favourites...
Vivienne Westwood's Boudoir - Best. Ever. Perfume. Devastated when they discontinued the 75ml bottle

and Balmain's Amber Gris. I have been wearing these two perfumes for years and have no intention of ever wearing anything else!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results