shape
carat
color
clarity

do you use water filtration systemunder your kitchen sink?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Just wondering how you like it? We have Amway ( came with the house) It supposingly beeps when the filter needs to be replaced? When we were away for an extended period of time and never used it it started to beep.I asked the rep again and he said yes that means it needs replacement.When I told him we have not used it, he said we can wait a bit before replacing the filter since we have not used it.
It simply beeps to let you know that the AA battery needs replacing.So I am never really sure when to replace it.
Anyone uses one of this systems? BTW the Amway filter is over $100 each time.I know Kenmore ( Sears brand is much cheaper) How does one know what system is better? Thanks

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have one that goes on the facet in my apartment and put a under sink type in at my sisters they do a nice job of removing the chlorine and making it taste better.
The best way too do it is have the water analysed and get the right kind of filter for that type of water.
If you have city water most places the charcoal type filters are fine.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
thanks Strm: How often do you replace the cartridge? Do you replace it even if you did not use it for quite some time? How do you know when it actually needs repacing? What is the cost of a replacement? We pay over $100 once per year ( as it starts beeping.Our beep however is just an indication that the battery is depleated has nothing to do with the actual cartridge as we were told..Thanks

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
mine is around $20 to replace and I replace it 2 times a year.
Its only used for drinking water.

My sisters is around $35 and she replaces it 3 times a year or so because she has 4 people 2 cats and a dog all getting water from it and uses it for cooking.

$100 a year dont sound too bad.
Is it used just for drinking water or is the facet hooked up too it?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

We have a reverse osmosis filter under our sink that my husband installed. It removes EVERYTHING and our water tastes amazing. I drink a lot of water and use the filtered water for all cooking and we replace the filter every six months.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I don''t have a filter under the kitchen sink, but I do have a whole-house sediment filter. It''s in the basement where the water supply comes into the house. I get a plumber to change the filter every 3 months.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 4:00:32 PM
Author: scarleta
thanks Strm: How often do you replace the cartridge? Do you replace it even if you did not use it for quite some time? How do you know when it actually needs repacing? What is the cost of a replacement? We pay over $100 once per year ( as it starts beeping.Our beep however is just an indication that the battery is depleated has nothing to do with the actual cartridge as we were told..Thanks
I replace it when the indicator goes up too 3/4 of the way or every 6 months which ever is sooner.
If you dont use it for some time you should let the water run for 5 min or so to let it flush out.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Strm: " indicator goes up too 3/4 of the way" Do you have light indicator or something like it? We have a line hooked with a little facet by main sink.I am not sure how often to change it since we always waited for the beep and since discovered that the beep has nothing to do with the cartridge to be replaced.The exact cost is actually $ 156..Thanks to everyone will follow up on the links next...
Its used for drinking water..

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can see the indicator in this picture.
My sisters has an led that lights up on the facet when it needs replacing.

Do you have the owners manual for it?
the model number would help find info on it also.

purstore.jpg

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Strm for that.IT helps me.I checked the one MC recommened and found out the reverese osmosis is not recommended for our area Vancouver because the system does not handle well the sediment we get in our water.Apparently they have a different system at Sears for our area that has lots of sediment.The other system Kenmore handles lots of sediment much better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results