shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you travel with jewelry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure if I should leave my wedding band and e-ring at home while we go on our honeymoon (I can wear a plain band) or if I should take them with me because, well, it IS our honeymoon and all :)

I''m inclined to leave it at home simply because I think we''ll be doing a lot of activities which will require me to leave it in the hotel. We did get engaged in Paris, so I obviously had it then and since we mostly went sight seeing I didn''t feel the need to leave it in the hotel safe. This time we''ll be in Hawaii, so we''ll be in the water and doing lots of other activities most of the time...

Since I know many PSers travel often, I''d love to get some opinions!!

(BTW, the rings are insured)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
There may be some dodgy places in the world where I may think twice, but not Hawaii. I went for our anniversary/belated honeymoon and wore mine the entire time, including snorkeling. However, mine is a simple solitaire so I didn''t really worry about losing stones or anything. They are also platinum so I wasn''t worried about them in a pool either.

I think it would be nice to enjoy both rings on your honeymoon.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i wore my rings to tahiti for our honeymoon and wore them the whole time, i do not leave my rings in the hotel room, period if i am not in there. i''d rather have them on me than worrying about them off somewhere.

i didn''t take my e-ring with us to mexico because that was a little more iffy, just wore my w-ring, but i typically wear them on trips. i hate leaving my stuff at home. also my stuff is platinum and insured so i don''t worry as much.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey NEL, yay for Hawaii! I did not bring mine w/me to Hawaii in the past because I am in the water a lot and my hands tend to swell. I did notice lots of lady's with their beautiful erings so do what you are comfortable with. I tend not to take mine with me while traveling in general but I feel Hawaii is totally safe.
1.gif

ETA: I do wear a plain wg w/band so if I do lose it, it is no biggie.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore my e-ring and wedding band on my honeymoon to mexico the whole time, in the ocean, beach, pool etc. of course it was a 1 carat solitaire in a plain plat. setting and was insured so i didn''t worry about it. if i had a larger stone or a more elaborate setting I''d probably just take the wedding band. If you''re not going to wear them, leave them safe at home but in Hawaii, i''d take them and enjoy
1.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
This is good to hear! I think I will take them--if I do, I''ll probably just wear them the whole time. I''d rather have them on me than in my hotel room.

Also, Skippy, I just wanted to thank you for being so helpful back when we were still planning the trip. I decided that you (and the other posters) were right that it would be too difficult to just take a day trip to another island, so we rearranged the trip and are staying 6 days on Maui and 4 days on the big island--we''re really glad we decided to spend a few days on teh big island, I think we''ll love it! Thanks again, Skippy, you''re fantastic!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2008 1:32:43 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
This is good to hear! I think I will take them--if I do, I'll probably just wear them the whole time. I'd rather have them on me than in my hotel room.

Also, Skippy, I just wanted to thank you for being so helpful back when we were still planning the trip. I decided that you (and the other posters) were right that it would be too difficult to just take a day trip to another island, so we rearranged the trip and are staying 6 days on Maui and 4 days on the big island--we're really glad we decided to spend a few days on teh big island, I think we'll love it! Thanks again, Skippy, you're fantastic!
Ahh, you are so sweet; I think it was Musey and FlyGirl too that felt you should stay longer too, glad you are! You will love the Big Island and Maui. I found the Big Island fascinating, the North to East is so lush and there are sooo many waterfalls (the Hawaii Revealed book will clue you into the waterfalls along that part of the island). The Valcano is cool and it is intertwined w/a rain forest which makes it look very unusual' I loved Waipi'o Valley and Pololu Valley. I am excited to hear about your trip and the killer hike when you get back and to see your pics too. If you don't mind I want to share my favorite restaurant with you on the Big Island; it is Ke'ei Cafe. That place has the freshest fish and local veggies; the banana mango bread pudding is to die for. hehee Sorry, I know you didn't ask for advice but I am very excited for you.
5.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I wore mine on our honeymoon to Maui and had no problems. I think as long as you are insured, it will be no problem there.

studyer83

Shiny_Rock
I don''t, because I am scared I will set it down/misplace it, etc. Mine is insured, but I would be so sad (and feel so stupid!) if I did anything to it. I think if I were more responsible, I would wear it on vacation
41.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, thanks so much for the restaurant suggestion, I love hearing any suggestion!! I do have the Revealed books for both islands and have ready them cover to cover (they''re the best guide books I''ve read, the author is really funny) so we have a pretty good idea of all the things we want to do. I think I could stay there a month and still wish I had more time.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I try not to travel with anything I would be sad if I lost. If I am traveling in the US I do travel with my wedding set but never take them off while away from home.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I leave any noticeable jewelry at home when I travel somewhere with a lot of street crime or to coutries where people are very poor. The acid test for me is whether local people will be wearing similar amounts of bling. That goes the same for the south side of Chicago as for Peru. In Hawaii, I don''t think your rings would look, uh, out of place. So go for it! But I agree with those who say "don''t take them off". Even if there''s few worries about being robbed, it would be a shame to lose them!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I took mine on our honeymoon. I didn''t wear them on the beach or in the pool though, just around the resort and to dinner, shopping, etc. Lots of other people wore their rings on the excursions we went on and to the beach and in the pool, so I am sure that was safe to do so, but I just can''t stand to have on any jewelry in water (no rings, no earrings, no nothing) or when I am out in the hot sun. It gets uncomfortable. So, since I didn''t want to wear them, I left mine in the room safe, but I must say I was a little weary about doing so, but my rings are insured, so I left them anyway. Nothing happened to them. Of course, we were staying in a very nice, safe, reputable place, but I still had a tinge of worry in the back of my mind about leaving them at first, but by the end of the week I didn''t mind.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really depends on where I''m traveling to. If other women will be wearing similar jewelery then I bring mine, if not, I leave it at home. If I was going to Hawaii, I''d bring them with me, but I agree with the others, in that I wouldn''t take it off at all.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
I travel with minimal jewelry. Come to think of it, I wear only minimal jewelry all the time. Hehe.

Nothing I have is extremely expensive and it is insured. I feel weird leaving jewelry at home....I feel naked
41.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
To be honest - I take off my ring to go to sleep, shower, wash my hands, do dishes and work out. BUT - I never leave it at home when I''m out!! Except maybe the beach. I dunno, if it was me I would have a hard time leaving my wedding set at home on my honeymoon. When you go out to the water you can always lock your goodies in the hotel safe. And of course, it is insured. And if you lost it on your honeymoon, that would probably be the most forgiveable place to do so!

Enjoy those islands, sweetpie.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rings can get very loose in the water and float away without you noticing it. I would hate to lose a wedding set but especially on the honeymoon. The rings are insured but if anything happens to them, it''ll put a big damper on the rest of your wonderful trip. Just wear a plain band and not worry even for a second.

sparklegrrl

Rough_Rock
This is a good question.... we will probably be going to Costa Rica for our honeymoon which means I will be leaving my set at home since my e-ring & wb are almost a micro pave setting, I would leave them at home if going somewhere like Mexico too. We are going to Hawaii in about a month and I will probably take them there.
1.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
When travelling I only take jewelry that I can wear the entire time. Nothing gets left in the hotel room. The exception is cheaper silver/turquoise pieces that I like to wear in the summer. I did some flying on our trip to Hawaii, so the big diamonds stayed at home.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results