shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you think women be taxed for sanitary items?

Do you think women be taxed for sanitary items?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 96.3%

• Total voters

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Sky56|1433540278|3885742 said:
This thread brought to mind The Beatles "Taxman" lyrics:

"If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet."

It is so true.
and never more so than with the GST.
Originally it was meant to apply to all food as well. The idea was that the wide base would allow the actual rate to remain low.

I realise I am arguing the unpopular position lol.
It wasn't much of a debate before I waded into this thread though. :???:
I think I 'bit' because this is the type of fairly low level, ideologically-based 'issue' that form much of the political debate in this country...
and TBH I think my hefty tax dollars deserve better.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure what the deal is w/the period stuff on FB lately but just saw this:

http://www.scoopwhoop.com/inothernews/panties-for-periods/

Not sure where they're available or if they're available, but I'd sure get some. Mine came a few days earlier than what I had estimated-and luckily I was at home and caught it before anything happened.

In the video it says they met a girl in Africa and she wasn't in school b/c if was her "week of shame". That's ridiculous that it still is thought of in that way in some parts of the world. She said a lot of girls drop out of school b/c they get so far behind missing a week every month-and it's not sanitary, the things they have to use to try and keep themselves clean. This company does a Tom's shoes type thing where when you buy the underwear, women get reusable pads, made by the women in the country, which provides jobs as well.

That's why it's a necessity, not a "luxury" or a "want" instead of a true need. it's not something we can control-we were *ahem* born this way, yes? I'm pretty sure the majority of women, when asked, would say ohhhh hell no I don't want this. (minus when they want a baby of course) So it's not something we really *choose* to experience.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results