shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you think this little sapphire will be too dark once set?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I have a feeling it will be...

b_xsa208ak.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you want to set it!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
What is "too dark"? Like blackish blue? It really depends on how you set it. A bezel for instance will probably make it look darker than a diamond halo, KWIM?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
In a prong setting. The ends already look pretty dark, but I love the shade of blue. I''m worried it will black out once set.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
You might be surprised. I bet it will catch the light really nicely. That shade of blue is positively velvety!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ll try to browse websites and find a YG setting that I really like. I am afraid I can not reproduce photo from a book.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
It already looks quite dark and I wonder how much of that blue would actually show if you''d ask for additional photos. You can get the same (if not nicer) shade of deep, velvety blue by getting just about any quality grade of black opal. And those that show only blue on black background are really inexpensive, so it''s something I''d suggest you consider. Stone #330 on this page:

http://www.swissgemshop.ch/contents/en-us/d478_solid-australian-black-opal-best-price-for-sale-buy-information-guide-info-gem-gemstone-natural-opal-sale-value-cabochon.html

is one such example - a 9x6 piece for under $50.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes for me it would be too dark. I think alot of light was shone onto the stone during the photo. So the center is lighter than it would be normally. Ask for more photos and see what you think!

I personally prefer lighter stones but it could be a velvety blue and you might like that. HTH

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/9/2010 10:04:21 PM
Author:IndyLady
I have a feeling it will be...
me 2:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results