carat
color
clarity

Do you think this is vintage

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Do you think this is vintage

I mentioned to her that it doesnt look like the best quality.... and also the idea of making a stack instead of an e ring and a wedding bad.... she seemed to really like the idea.. I think her concern is she wants the ring to look nice and not like it was a "budget" ring. And the thing about stacks is you could have a million dollars or 50 dollars, but they always looks minimalist and pretty.... and i think she is just concerned that her ring will look "cheap" which she doesnt want....

and i mean, two bands as her e rings two gold bands as her wedding rings and shes got a lovely stack going...and it would look a lot like that ring i think. and hopefully better quality.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1378251370|3514209 said:
I mentioned to her that it doesnt look like the best quality.... and also the idea of making a stack instead of an e ring and a wedding bad.... she seemed to really like the idea.. I think her concern is she wants the ring to look nice and not like it was a "budget" ring. And the thing about stacks is you could have a million dollars or 50 dollars, but they always looks minimalist and pretty.... and i think she is just concerned that her ring will look "cheap" which she doesnt want....

and i mean, two bands as her e rings two gold bands as her wedding rings and shes got a lovely stack going...and it would look a lot like that ring i think. and hopefully better quality.

I lady I know hasn't gotten back to me yet. That is a GREAT idea. Nice stackers never look cheap she can add them as they can afford them and get a similar effect with a number of good quality bands. I bought that Ruby band for a steal on ebay ages ago!!!

What size is she??? Start a new post looking for nice stackers in her size - we can all find ones with colour stones and Antique ones with engraving on them - sometimes I see amazing ones going for great prices!!!! You can also find these line rings or row rings with one row or one band only that can be used with stackers, and amazing antique diamond bands with five diamonds in a row that can be stacked.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1|1378254057|3514222 said:
Niel|1378251370|3514209 said:

I lady I know hasn't gotten back to me yet. That is a GREAT idea. Nice stackers never look cheap she can add them as they can afford them and get a similar effect with a number of good quality bands. I bought that Ruby band for a steal on ebay ages ago!!!

What size is she??? Start a new post looking for nice stackers in her size - we can all find ones with colour stones and Antique ones with engraving on them - sometimes I see amazing ones going for great prices!!!! You can also find these line rings or row rings with one row or one band only that can be used with stackers, and amazing antique diamond bands with five diamonds in a row that can be stacked.

Size is up in the air. She says 6-7 BUT I have her on a mission to get sized at her work as she works at a place where she could do it. She doesn't work until Friday.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I got my hopes up so high for a split second. I found a really pretty line ring on an antique site but of course already sold. Also I found a few others I would love to find (like the sapphire one below, but Ruby.....) I have such grand ideas for this ring... bah.

uploadfromtaptalk1378303258862.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378303307948.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1378303312|3514332 said:
I got my hopes up so high for a split second. I found a really pretty line ring on an antique site but of course already sold. Also I found a few others I would love to find (like the sapphire one below, but Ruby.....) I have such grand ideas for this ring... bah.

Not too bad!!!! The dealer got back to me and she doesn't have one at the moment but she will keep a look out.... They do pop up all them time if you know what to look for. They also come in two lines or rows and there are some nice looking single row or line ones (these could also be used stacking), if I see any I will post the links for you, I know there was a nice one row diamond and sapphire one a few weeks ago.

Also wondering would she go for a blue coloured Tanzanite because I have seen some pretty rings lately with that as a centre stone?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1 said:
Niel|1378303312|3514332 said:

Not too bad!!!! The dealer got back to me and she doesn't have one at the moment but she will keep a look out.... They do pop up all them time if you know what to look for. They also come in two lines or rows and there are some nice looking single row or line ones (these could also be used stacking), if I see any I will post the links for you, I know there was a nice one row diamond and sapphire one a few weeks ago.

Also wondering would she go for a blue coloured Tanzanite because I have seen some pretty rings lately with that as a centre stone?

Well thanks for trying!

Here's the latest. I got an email from peter of a round smaller red spinel. I was thinking of throwing it in a DZ setting all together its about 400. Leaving her enough when she gets to wedding band time money for a band and diamond band (maybe a ruby one too if were lucky and she has a better budget than he). So the stack is still on but with this. What do you think. Stone is about 5.3mm

uploadfromtaptalk1378337596665.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think its pretty and it could work well. Still after her size to see if we can find a ruby band to stack or one with an antique pattern on it would look great next to it as well!!! Just make sure the spinel is nice and red some of them get a really rusty coloured tint/tone in some lighting situations others have that bright pop of vivid red all the time.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1|1378357008|3514823 said:
I think its pretty and it could work well. Still after her size to see if we can find a ruby band to stack or oneh an antique pattern on it would look great next to it as well!!! Just make sure the spinel is nice and red some of them get a really rusty coloured tint/tone in some lighting situations others have that bright pop of vivid red all the time.

Yeah. Everyone seems to be down on that stone. But peter said it is red. And this whole ring would be like425 so leave us money for a Ruby stacked too. Then if like her wedding band was one interesting plain good band and a diamond band that would look cool.

I will get the stone home first and make sure. I just really hate shopping for colored stones on here. Its so discouraging compared to diamond shopping . Maybe that's just because my choices are that bad :lol:

Plus peter was cutting that stone anyways, so I didn't have to put down a disposit. So if a line ring cones up that would be great.

Hera

Ideal_Rock

Looks like it's authentic vintage to me. There are some old stones (old mines) and some carre cut rubies in there. It's not very high quality as the stones are very included. It's high priced for what it is, imo.

markspend01

Rough_Rock
Trade

Hey Niel well i think that you are right like its 14k.Thanks!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey,

sorry we have family here at the moment visiting so I haven't been on the boards much for a few days. Did you see the modern ring with the tsav. or the loose emerald just listed on LT? I remember you said she loves green!!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

And the Ruby and Old cut band that just appeared on LT as well.... you still don't know her size?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1|1378561018|3516183 said:
And the Ruby and Old cut band that just appeared on LT as well.... you still don't know her size?

Ah no I haven't. I check it daily but haven't seen. Here I go!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh how cool!

I'm still checking everything daily. Its so hard because it seems scatterbrained. "Oh this or this completely different thing or maybe this"

But its kind of what you have to do when your budget is so tight. Have an open mind and find the prettiest quality thing you can.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

In that same idea, I was looking at some vintage rings and found SUCH a cutie! I don't know where I could find a place to spruce up the sides a little, or the price. But I wonder about this with a ruby wedding band. Says the stone is 5mm

uploadfromtaptalk1378605343462.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378605353524.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And of course ice always loved this, but I don't think she does. Which makes me sad. I'd I didn't have my marquise I'd be ALL OVER THIS!

uploadfromtaptalk1378605501695.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378605526241.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love the effect of the finger coverage cross ways on that one too!!!! Either one of those with something like that antique ruby band on LT would be great. But yes unfortunately its a matter of looking at heaps of things to find the perfect one for her.... I also think finding a nice coloured modern cut gemstone and putting it into a ring shouldn't be ruled out either. Have you been showing her all the options?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Did you see the LeVian ring just reduced with the Aqua in it on DB? It might not be her taste but it's both pretty and elegant looking especially in the video of it.... you might be able to make them an offer even lower on it and then there is something left for a band as well, although it wouldn't need anything next to it!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1|1378613853|3516600 said:
I love the effect of the finger coverage cross ways on that one too!!!! Either one of those with something like that antique ruby band on LT would be great. But yes unfortunately its a matter of looking at heaps of things to find the perfect one for her.... I also think finding a nice coloured modern cut gemstone and putting it into a ring shouldn't be ruled out either. Have you been showing her all the options?

Yes I show her all the options I find. I feel bad I don't want to overwhelm her, or find something that gets snatched up, but with this type of thing I dont want to surprise her. Well OK a little I don't want her to know which I picked but I'd like her to know she likes whatever it is.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

i have found the most perfect ring ever! I am shocked by how delicate and well made it looks. So much so i dont wanna post a picture and tip anyone off. Im showing it to her today, hopefully she loves it. If so, ill share after. Fingers crossed

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel said:
i have found the most perfect ring ever! I am shocked by how delicate and well made it looks. So much so i dont wanna post a picture and tip anyone off. Im showing it to her today, hopefully she loves it. If so, ill share after. Fingers crossed

I'm reluctant to share pics. Please don't steal it. What do you think. I'm in awe, but I wanna know what you guys think!!

uploadfromtaptalk1378658322317.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378658331741.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378658346048.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378658353989.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think it's beautiful and a great find Niel, and I hope she loves it too!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

junebug17|1378659094|3516817 said:
I think it's beautiful and a great find Niel, and I hope she loves it too!

She does. I've been prefacing all my diamond suggestions " and you could get a ruby w band :lol:

She likes this and the other solitaire with the criss cross sides I just posted. This one is cheaper though, and is two tone so she has more options when we start looking for her Ruby w band. She could get yellow or white.

We want her to be surprised so we had her give us a few she likes and have my FBIK pick the winner. She he is liking this o e and its price.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

VERY pretty, well done!!!!! You have amazing skills finding things!!!! I am seriously loving the carved detail and the two tone!!!! And that will look smoking hot next to a diamond or a ruby or any coloured stone or coloured band. It will give her heaps of options. Now get the darn thing for inspection before some lurker gets it...

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1|1378684280|3516980 said:
VERY pretty, well done!!!!! You have amazing skills finding things!!!! I am seriously loving the carved detail and the two tone!!!! And that will look smoking hot next to a diamond or a ruby or any coloured stone or coloured band. It will give her heaps of options. Now get the darn thing for inspection before some lurker gets it...

Ill have to get it tomorrow :((

My hopes are pretty high. The side engraving looks delicious. That looks vintage right? The two tone I think is a thing they did back in the day. I know the stone has been replaced. They said the original was damaged.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1378685661|3516988 said:
arkieb1|1378684280|3516980 said:

Ill have to get it tomorrow :((

My hopes are pretty high. The side engraving looks delicious. That looks vintage right? The two tone I think is a thing they did back in the day. I know the stone has been replaced. They said the original was damaged.

Yes I think it is vintage, (they did indeed do two tone back then) if not then it's been around for a while, see the wear to the sides of the prongs, the sides of the ring where it has worn and looks flatter where the pattern ends, this is where it would have touched each finger by the sides of the ring finger, and the wear down the very bottom where the ring is starting to thin out, you only see that with age and wear.

Having said that, I did think at first glance the stone didn't look like it was originally in there, I don't know why but it doesn't look 100% perfect with the ring to my eye so that was a good guess. I do like the setting more than I like the stone itself. But don't right it off sometimes vendor pics are terrible (my own pics when I try and take ones of my own old cuts are horrid I can always seem to make a great stone look bad :lol: ) so get it and look at it, if you like the centre stone and it looks O.K, then it will be great. What colour and clarity is the centre supposed to be? (Maybe you should tell me that after you get it to prevent anyone looking it up or searching for it!!!)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yeah i dont wanna say but it is a good color clarity combo. So thats good. Heres a better pick of the stone. It has a culet and looks like it would have nice broad flashes. And i mean under 1/2 ct and under i dont know how important the faceting pattern is. the sides are plat, so i mean, the wear like that i would imagine it would have to at least have some age to get wear out of plat

On the 7 o clock prong it looks like an inclusion but they say its just fuzz. Being that it has a return policy Im inclined to believe them

__kgrhqv__rcfitlnwrpdbsjthiieo___60_3.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results