shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you think this e-pic is trampy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
A co-worker at my office showed me her e-pics and the girls in her crowd all called her trampy because of this picture!

What do you girls think about it? Personally I see nothing wrong with it. Someone pointed out that her pose is like someone who is working a corner, and is worth 2 bucks (or something like that??). Perhaps maybe she is a bit vuloptuous so she looks SEXY in this photo but I really wouldn''t call her trampy.

Girls can be so mean.

ETA: I added this photo with my co-worker''s permission.

trampy picture.JPG

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Tell them to lighten up. I don''t think it''s trampy. She''s just hangin'' with her man.

I will. My co-worker looked so devastated when they said that.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, good ol'' female rivalry and jealousy. That picture is sexy and beautiful, tell her she shouldn''t let anyone take that away from her. I say frame it and look at it fondly!

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
The picture is fine, and she should have told that girl "don''t worry, these are engagement pictures, I don''t plan on stealing your corner. Even if I would be able to charge twice as much."

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
For me it looks a little too relaxed and slouchy. Not that relaxed isn't a good thing. But I don't think the photo shows off the woman very well. It shows her backside and bent leg like she's leaning up against the man. I am not saying she looks like a hooker but from a photography stand point the scenery and the guy look okay but she should have been posed differently.

They look like they are both standing in a depression around the tree. I think the photographer should have positioned them both differently. I would be concerned it this was the same photographer she's using for the wedding.

But to your friend's face no one should criticize her engagement photo. If she picked this as the one she likes that should be the end of it and she should only get congratulations and compliments.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pic is just fine, not trampy at all...and I''m a real prude!!

Date: 12/17/2009 10:53:25 PM
Author: swingirl
For me it looks a little too relaxed and slouchy. Not that relaxed isn''t a good thing. But I don''t think the photo shows off the woman very well. It shows her backside and bent leg like she''s leaning up against the man. I am not saying she looks like a hooker but from a photography stand point the scenery and the guy look okay but she should have been posed differently.

They look like they are both standing in a depression around the tree. I think the photographer should have positioned them both differently. I would be concerned it this was the same photographer she''s using for the wedding.

But to your friend''s face no one should criticize her engagement photo. If she picked this as the one she likes that should be the end of it and she should only get congratulations and compliments.
What do you mean?

BTW, this is her wedding photographer... and she signed a contract already
7.gif
I''ve seen their other photos and the shots are GREAT to my eyes... but probably less great to someone who knows more about photography

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 11:06:16 PM
Author: searchingforemeraldcut
Date: 12/17/2009 10:53:25 PM

Author: swingirl
For me it looks a little too relaxed and slouchy. Not that relaxed isn't a good thing. But I don't think the photo shows off the woman very well. It shows her backside and bent leg like she's leaning up against the man. I am not saying she looks like a hooker but from a photography stand point the scenery and the guy look okay but she should have been posed differently.
They look like they are both standing in a depression around the tree. I think the photographer should have positioned them both differently. I would be concerned it this was the same photographer she's using for the wedding.
But to your friend's face no one should criticize her engagement photo. If she picked this as the one she likes that should be the end of it and she should only get congratulations and compliments.
What do you mean?
BTW, this is her wedding photographer... and she signed a contract already
7.gif
I've seen their other photos and the shots are GREAT to my eyes... but probably less great to someone who knows more about photography
You can't see their feet. It looks like the ground is lower around the base of the tree and their feet are in the low part. He is leaning against the tree and she is leaning against him.
From a photography stand point he is in a black jacket against the dark trunk and she is in white against the white sky. That's something the photographer should be watching for. But maybe she liked the photo for other reasons.

I am also not a fan of the hand in his coat. It is the hand that wears the engagement ring and honestly does look a little suggestive. But I am only being super picky now.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
how tacky to call someone''s pics trampy. some people
20.gif
i think the pic is lovely!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
This pic doesn''t look trampy AT ALL. It''s sexy and romantic. I like it!

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps the women who called the photo "trampy" are used to the old style of engagement photos- the posed shots of just the couple''s upper torsos taken inside at a Sears photo studio that then get put in the local paper. If so, maybe they don''t know that now a days engagement photos are much different and relaxed and intimate poses like this are common?? I don''t know, just trying to come up with a reason why they had such a strong reaction...

Either way, as long as your co-worker is happy with the photos, she shouldn''t worry about it.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
How can it be trampy if it''s a picture of her with her own fiance? Not to pull the jealousy card, but...sounds like they''re jealous. It''s not my kind of picture but I don''t think it''s trampy at all.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
mean girls. They may or may not be jealous (I think that gets thrown out there way too often on this board), but they are certainly rude.

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
My private opinion? If it were me, I''d have worn a longer, looser skirt, and then I don''t think there would have been a problem. I think that''s the only thing that makes the photo a bit... suggestive.

But you know what? It''s NOT me. It''s NOT the other girls'' photo, or their place to make rude comments. How dare they spoil her enjoyment and happiness. They really need to learn some manners.

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Gawd, that''s fine behavior for a bunch of adults
38.gif
I''d tell her that there''s more class in the gloss of that photo than there is in any of her co-workers
2.gif

TRAMPY? I could see where they are getting that- with her nipple tassels and his g-string...

I mean, come on! They are dressed nice, she isn''t all over him... I bet those girls are jealous.

Girls can be soooo meaaaan!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Tell your friend that this is a very sweet shot; it''s hardly trampy, and it''s hardly an unusual pose when it comes to e-pics. Her circle of "friends" might be comprised of bitter, single women who can''t find a man that wants them to be "trampy."

She looks comfortable and happy with her fiance, and on top of that she looks sexy as hell!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think it''s trampy at all.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. It''s not trampy. The skirt is shorter than something I''d wear, but still no.

Clearly she likes her legs and wearing it made her feel good. She was trying to look good for her FIANCE. Hardly trampy.
20.gif

Girls are ridiculous sometimes.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Wow. I think a better question is what she did to make her friends so angry at her.
I don''t like her outfit, but I don''t think it looks "trampy." But I also think she shouldn''t listen to the opinions of people who clearly have no manners.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Definitely NOT trampy. I actually quite like the picture. I like the composition a lot!

Clearly, they''re jealous. Jealousy is the type of thing that drives people to rain on someone else''s parade like that. If I were her I would not be sharing any more photos or wedding details with those women.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
It does not look trampy.

But I have to be honest, I would absolutely die if my photo were posted on some website without my permission to ask a bunch of strangers if they think its trampy or not. That''s why I don''t email pics around
38.gif

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2009 9:29:38 AM
Author: fiery
It does not look trampy.

But I have to be honest, I would absolutely die if my photo were posted on some website without my permission to ask a bunch of strangers if they think its trampy or not. That''s why I don''t email pics around
38.gif

The OP had permission of the girl in the pic! So we''re good!
21.gif

And I agree, while it''s not an outfit I''d wear, it''s not ''trampy'' as in everything is covered and she is snuggling with her own fiance!
5.gif
(Although I agree about the hand placement, would have been nicer outside of his jacket, if she has a ring to show!).

cara

Ideal_Rock
Looks romantic and suggestive, but in an upscale way. Definitely not trampy or 2-buck anything. Really, its one thing for the coworkers to say that the girl looks trampy (I guess that's a matter of perspective - her skirt is a bit short) but quite another to say she looks like a 2-buck whore. That is such a different level of comment that it can't possibly be constructive, its just hurtful and not appropriate for coworkers to say that. At least not in my field!

I like the photo and think it is well done. I agree with Swinggirl's comments on the positioning of the couple in the photo not being perfectly optimum, but its hard to know how much to blame the photographer for that. For example, very subtly changes in hand positioning, body positioning would have produced a different effect, and the photographer is working with stiffs off the street not models, and presumably under some kind of time limit. Plus its hard to know what tone the couple wants - some *want* a little more action in their photos. I wouldn't worry about the photographer's skills from just this.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2009 9:33:33 AM
Author: Ara Ann

It does not look trampy.

38.gif

21.gif
Odd, I didn''t see the ETA before. That''s good then because I would be mortified.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2009 9:39:14 AM
Date: 12/18/2009 9:33:33 AM

Author: Ara Ann

It does not look trampy.

38.gif

21.gif

Odd, I didn''t see the ETA before. That''s good then because I would be mortified.

Me too!
2.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
personally, I don''t think it looks trampy at all.

if someone showed me a photo and I thought it looked bad, I wouldn''t tell them that! discretion, people, please!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know ... if I'd just come across it in a slideshow of engagement pictures I probably wouldn't have thought anything about it ... but, due to the power of SUGGESTION, now I'm thinking "Yeah, well, I can see what they mean". If they connote "trampy" with "sexually aggressive" -- then the picture does look a little aggressive. With her pinning him against a tree & molesting him. Also the stockings -- I guess I'm used to seeing more casual e-pix & somehow black stockings seem more dressy or "club" than casual stroll in a park. THAT'S IT!!! The attire doesn't suit the surroundings -- so its offputting. Why is this couple in a park? Why is she in a micro mini & hose & he's in jeans? I think the mismatch of locale & attire + the aggressive stance = something other than the "traditional" e-photo. If anything maybe this will help explain to her what people *are* reacting to. Or they could just be a bunch of mean girls looking for any opening to criticize.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
why is this picture trampy?

I don't see it...I must be trampy too
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results