shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you think the color of your gemstone jewelery makes a ''statement''?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Do you equate certain colors with emotions/feelings?

Does a red ring present its wearer as more assertive than the wearer of a pink ring?

Is there a gemstone ring that you own that seems to get more attention/compliments than others? What color is that ring?

(Keep in mind that I am not trying to say that someone who wears a pink ring isn''t assertive, etc. I''m looking for initial reactions)

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
There are some days when I feel like yellow gold instead of white....some days when I want big statement jewels...so yes, I think what I wear reflects who I am that day.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn''t for me but I do match my clothes to what RHR I want to wear.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not put much thought into any meaning behind a particular colour.
I also do not intentionally match my gemstones to the outfit I am wearing. As long as the colour does not clash, I''ll wear it.
The gemstones that are more vivid get more compliments or something different like my moonstones.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I notice I have loads more pink/red/purple stones than colours I normally like or wear, like blue and green. I'm starting to fix that by having a lovely blue EC set this weekend, and I'm on the lookout for a lovely Tsavorite and mint garnet, but I'm generally pretty OCD with matching my RHR with my outfit.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it makes a "stupid" statement because I wear contrasting colors of gems and gold all the time. I look crazy!!
19.gif
I don't think anything about wearing a yellow gold ring with an orange stone next to a white gold ring with a bright blue stone or a rose gold ring with a pink stone.

The fact is that I wear them for my enjoyment, and not for others. I need something to make me happy while I'm sitting in boring meetings at work.
2.gif

Men actually compliment my rings quite a bit, and women just stare at my hands like I'm nuts. I don't think many of them think they're real because the only gems that most women see are sapphires, emeralds, rubies or diamonds of course. LOL!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m waiting to collect more elaborate pieces, even though I am more of a minimalist in design. But my statement is usually simple and casual. Even with my own wedding, all my pieces were very plain I guess. But I would love to add a punch of color in my pieces like TL''s TDF cuprians. So I''m on my way one gem at a time.
1.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for your responses!

I've been browsing around for a long time and waiting for a stone that I can afford to jump out at me. So far, I've really fallen in love with TL's cuprian and all of the spessertites, but I've also always loved rubies, sapphires, and emeralds.

I think the spessertites feel eye catching and edgy, which got me thinking... 'do other stones/colors make me feel a certain way? do I get a 'vibe' from them?'

Hehe, before I really got into PS, I knew I really wanted a ruby ring because rubies are my birthstone. But now I feel

19.gif
because I seem to have fallen for so many other gemstones!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Great question.

Yes, color makes a statement. It may reflect the general tone/state of the person or the opposite, what they are seeking to "feel".

I have lots of blue & green stones as it is a peaceful color. My life is hectic and peaceful is what I need & seek. However, once in a while I wear red stones as I''m wanting the energy that is red.

I wear cool color stones in warm weather and warmer color stones, sometimes in cold weather. I can''t do a "hot" red stone when it''s 90 degrees in the summer. This is when a paler aqua or green amethyst feels right.

Good website with interesting things you might like on the study of color:

http://www.colormatters.com/entercolormatters.html

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sonoma!

I think your response hit exactly what I was looking for. And thank you for the link! I read about colors and their implications/symbols in different cultures the other day, and it was really very interesting how one color is used for funerals in one culture and weddings in another (I''m referring to white)The article also talked about how the color of a room affects a person''s mood or quality of work, and how red actually has the power to raise someone''s blood pressure!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2009 1:30:22 AM
Author: szh07

Hehe, before I really got into PS, I knew I really wanted a ruby ring because rubies are my birthstone. But now I feel

19.gif
because I seem to have fallen for so many other gemstones!
Garnet is my birthstone. I always hated it because I don''t like the black/red stones BM stores have sold as garnets. At PS I discovered that Garnets come in so many many lovely colors. So now I have a garnet ring. It''s orange and I often wear it with orange or green clothing. And it does have an edge to it because you just don''t see many orange stones IRL.

But blue and purple stones still attract me too. It''s an addiction has only been intensified by PS.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results