shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you take your rings off when you get home or wear the always

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
good info :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2005 9:36:33 AM
Author: ame
I probably dont need to answer this.
9.gif
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2005 9:35:41 AM
Author: Lorelei
OOH Woobug receipts
31.gif
Let''s see I use Windex to soak and a soft brush, filthy greasy rings warrant sudsy ammonia - 1 part ammonia to 2 parts hot water, soak, scrub and rinse, quick clean, jewellery soap and a brush. I finish off with a squirt of canned air to dry, polish the table and weekly a rub with a polishing cloth, you should see the tarnish that comes off the gold
14.gif
I want to try a good ultrasonic cleaner, been hearing some good things about them.

i''d definitely recommend the ultrasonic cleaner! there''s a recent thread about them i am sure you can dig up.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2005 9:57:22 AM
Author: jcrow

Date: 11/10/2005 9:35:41 AM
Author: Lorelei
OOH Woobug receipts
31.gif
Let's see I use Windex to soak and a soft brush, filthy greasy rings warrant sudsy ammonia - 1 part ammonia to 2 parts hot water, soak, scrub and rinse, quick clean, jewellery soap and a brush. I finish off with a squirt of canned air to dry, polish the table and weekly a rub with a polishing cloth, you should see the tarnish that comes off the gold
14.gif
I want to try a good ultrasonic cleaner, been hearing some good things about them.

i'd definitely recommend the ultrasonic cleaner! there's a recent thread about them i am sure you can dig up.
Thanks Jcrow, I will take a look, so many people saying their diamonds look great and so much better than a manual clean, Xmas is coming - great new toy to play with especially for my bracelet - it's fantastic but such a pain to clean properly.

begin ing

Rough_Rock
I don''t take my off...Only had it for 3 weeks
emteeth.gif
not sure what to do in the future but I do feel naked without it and plus I am totally absentminded... so it''s important not to take it off...

where could I look for a ultrasound cleaner thing? any recommendation which kind? I have some bracelets havne''t been clean for years...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
find US link here

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
I usually wear my e-ring till I get ready to go to bed. I like to wear it as much as I can!!
9.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woo, just ordered the ultrasonic cleaner !!!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2005 11:35:21 AM
Author: woobug02
Woo, just ordered the ultrasonic cleaner !!!!!

great! i hope you like it as much as i do! now... only if i could get the ring...

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
rhonda: what kind of cleaner did you go with?

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woo I went with the Sharper Image. I hope that is a good one. I ordered it off of ebay for $44.00.... from the Sharper Image company.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wooo, you''ll love it. It does a great job!!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
GOOD :) I am so excited.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Woo, I think you will definitely love the US cleaner. I love mine. It makes all my diamonds sparkle like mad!

And to answer your first question, (even though I don''t have my e-ring yet, but it should be here within the month!
1.gif
) I would only take my rings off to shower, cook, and put on lotion. I''m still debating if I will be taking them off when I go to bed. I love to admire diamonds, so when I get my rock, I want to see it as often as possible. I won''t be able to bear it if it was sitting in a box. Have to have the baby on me at all times!
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yeh- i''d like like to wake and see sparkles on my finger! but, i don''t have my ring yet- so who knows what i''ll end up doing.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2005 1:14:34 PM
woo I went with the Sharper Image. I hope that is a good one. I ordered it off of ebay for $44.00.... from the Sharper Image company.

okay, this is completely off topic (so i do aplogize for straying away from it), but i am just too curious not to ask...Woo, is there a reason why all ur sentences start with ''woo'' ?? sorry if uve already answered this, but im just wondering if theres something that im missing =) thanks!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always wear mine unless I am in the shower, putting on lotion, or doing heavy cleaning.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my rings all the time even if I'm just lounging at home. I do take it off when I cook, clean, and shower. I have a sleigh bed and I used to wear my ering to bed too until one night I wacked it against the headboard in my sleep and woke up from it! So I'll never sleep with my ring on again! ETA I don't ever wear it to work because of the type of job I have.

Speaking of ultrasonic cleaners, I have a branson and it works great!

Midnight00

Rough_Rock
I use "jewelery" cleaner and the little brush. I clean them about 2x a week. I heard that the ultrasonic cleaner can make stones loose. Any concerns?

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Ok, WOO means "HI" to me. I greet with it
emotion-20.gif
...... Even if saw you in a store I would go WOOOOOOO how are you
face20.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
I am much too rough with my hands to be wearing it while doing house work.
I am extremely absent-minded to remember where I left my ring if it is not in the same place.
So the safest thing for me is to take it off and put it in the same old place when I get home.

Hunali

Rough_Rock
I love wearing my e-ring! I waited so long to get it! I only take it off when I go to bed or take a shower. I always worry about chipping it while in bed.

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
I usually take mine off when I''m at home and have a place for them by my bed (so I can''t forget where they are
37.gif
).
I''m too paranoid to wear them to bed. I''m afraid I''ll scratch myself with them or lose diamonds. I''m also obsessive with my ultrasonic cleaner because I love it when they are clean, sparkly, and look like new...if I wore them around the house they would get dirty quicker.
26.gif

anika

Shiny_Rock
Mine come off. My hands tend to swell but also I feel freer without them on. When I come home, I tend to change my clothes too-its a transition into home mode-. Part of this is comfort but also I like to treat my important things gently.
21.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
My rings are both 3 sided pave so I try to keep the goo out of them. My rings stay on all the time except when I am in the shower or doing really dirty jobs like gardening or obviously when putting on hand cream. When they are not on my finger, they are sleeping in the jewelry cleaner...that way I know exactly where they are.

I guess my thought was to get them insured then wear them. I'm not going to get much enjoyment out of them sitting in a box.

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
I take mine off with the rest of my jewelry when I get home. I don''t want them to get dirty, and I would be horrible about cleaning them! I thought I was weird, but it''s nice to know others remove them, too!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2005 8:36:46 AM
Ok, WOO means ''HI'' to me. I greet with it
emotion-20.gif
...... Even if saw you in a store I would go WOOOOOOO how are you
face20.gif
This totally cracks me up, I can''t even imagine it. Do people ever ask why you say that so much in real life too? And when did you start doing it? Absolutely fascinating.

I take my rings off at night and put them on in the morning, I wear them all over the house and to work out, garden, make dinner etc. I just can''t sleep in them. I clean them daily in the SI US. Yum.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Mara,

I think I started saying the WOO about 10 years ago. I didn''t even realize it and then people started to call me WOO...
face1.gif
it has stuck! My family is very outgoing and when we see each other we get so excited that we say WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Calgon take me away, Lol!!!
3.gif

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
I will not take my rings off anymore, unless to clean them. I left a beautiful vintage platinum diamond band (2.5 carats) sitting on a jewelry counter (TJ Maxx) to try on a $50 silver ring. Went home and realized I had left it at the store. I cried on the way there, as the store was crowded, and I knew it would be gone. The gal at the counter had found it and tried paging me but I had already left. I cried hugged her and thanked her for being honest.
I NEVER take them off....only to clean I learned my lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results