shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you SOs act like this too?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Anchor, well said!

ETA: Sweetpea too!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2005 2:19:34 PM
Author: Kit
Anchor, very nicely put.
2.gif

Dear Prisms, getting married is a major decision that must be entered into mutually by two people. Both people have emotional needs that need to be met by the other. This is the basic nature of relationships. There are also lots of cultural traditions and customs that come attached to getting engaged and married, and as we are all social actors the forces that act upon us are very strong. There is nothing wrong with doing things the way the majority of society dictates; we are all social beings and are part of a larger culture, like it or not.

That said, I dont'' think any LIW''s are piously sitting with their hands folded in their laps, waiting for their ''master'' boyfriends to thell them, ''Hey woman - let''s get hitched!'' Quite to the contrary, I find that (nearly) all the women on this board are strong, independent highly capable individuals who strive for healthy loving relationships with their partners, and I continue to be impressed with the community here and everything stated in this topic. Much of what we do in this forum is ask for help in dealing with communication issues in our own relationships, which is exactly what Anchor had. She and her partner share the same desires and dreams and simply needed to dialogue. If she felt her partner was her ''master'' she would probably have said nothing to him, and just figured that he was in charge and she had no say in her own engagement and marriage plans. Harumph!
20.gif
ROTFLMAO!!! For some reason I find this absolutely hilarious. Me?? Sitting and waiting with my hands folded piously on my lap?! HA!
11.gif

Good points, Kit, and thanks again for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results