shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you or your friends post selfies on the internet?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:))

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
they do.... and so do i with my kids, esp now that there is that reversible camera on the phones.......my DH, is not that great with a camera.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
My DS facebook page is a dedication to the selfie. :lol: Everyday he posts at least four new pics of himself. At least he has a healthy self esteem I suppose.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I have posted a few selfies here when posting my jewelry and hair pics. But that's about it.

I have friends who post dozens of pics of themselves on Facebook every week. I find it funny but endearing (though perhaps a bit narcissistic) at the same time if you kwim. All done in good fun.

Christina... said:
My DS facebook page is a dedication to the selfie. :lol: Everyday he posts at least four new pics of himself. At least he has a healthy self esteem I suppose.

Haha, Christina, I love this. Definitely way better than the alternative. I cannot imagine having that kind of confidence when I was an adolescent. Good for him. :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't, usually. I do have one friend who is like...obsessed with posting selfies. Her FB, her Instagram...dear lord, it's like selfie city. If she isn't getting a million likes or positive comments though, it's an unholy meltdown though. So I wouldn't say that her self esteem is great. Occasionally--and I do mean OCCASIONALLY--there will be one with her children included, or a random NON selfie, but I think everything on that page is a selfie with exception of like 3 things. And it's almost like a selfie an hour. It's absurd.

I do them on my blog with reviews. But I've gotten a lot of outfit post requests, and since I feel like a whale, I haven't obliged that request yet. So maybe I will have to start doing that. I apologize to anyone that sees those in advance.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hell yes. A million selfies of me, selfies of me with friends, selfies of me with my fur babies... I take selfies of my bling bling too!! :love: I'm a total cam-whore.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm very camera shy and dislike posting too much information about myself in open / public forums and the internet, so no selfies or selcas.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted them before I knew what they were. Most were mirror shots and this well before they were coined 'selfies' what kills me now is this snapchat crap. I refused to get pinterest for the longest time bc I didnt need another thing to sign up for-caved last month and did that. I refuse to twitter or anything of that sort (yes I have fb its a love/hate relationship though).

This snapchat crap that my sister is obsessed with is insane. They take a picture send it with some silly lol or other anagniaeogjeoajurwjeawndlfa that I don't know what means (I just hit keys lol) and then get one back and it disappears like it never happened. Weird stuff!

What is this hash/tag crap I see/hear everywhere? Its even on FB where they have a hash/tag or follow this hashtag. No thank you. I'll remain in the stone age. Even after they put computers in our heads I'll still refuse!!!! I am a rebel!!!! :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't own a smart phone... :oops:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1392222771|3613586 said:

+1

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
vintagelover229|1392222601|3613584 said:
I posted them before I knew what they were. Most were mirror shots and this well before they were coined 'selfies' what kills me now is this snapchat crap. I refused to get pinterest for the longest time bc I didnt need another thing to sign up for-caved last month and did that. I refuse to twitter or anything of that sort (yes I have fb its a love/hate relationship though).

This snapchat crap that my sister is obsessed with is insane. They take a picture send it with some silly lol or other anagniaeogjeoajurwjeawndlfa that I don't know what means (I just hit keys lol) and then get one back and it disappears like it never happened. Weird stuff!

What is this hash/tag crap I see/hear everywhere? Its even on FB where they have a hash/tag or follow this hashtag. No thank you. I'll remain in the stone age. Even after they put computers in our heads I'll still refuse!!!! I am a rebel!!!! :lol:

I agree. Unfortunately, I think this means we are...old. It's a little odd to be past the newest technology at the ripe age of 31, but there you have it.

Now I have to go yell at some kids on my lawn.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of my friends post selfies. DH sometimes posts selfies he takes of us together. I usually don't take selfies because I don't like the way they look. I think it looks like I'm concentrating on taking the picture, i.e. not natural.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
aviastar|1392232612|3613715 said:

I agree. Unfortunately, I think this means we are...old. It's a little odd to be past the newest technology at the ripe age of 31, but there you have it.

Hashtags are supposed to be "searchable tags" on twitter. What they are now is F'ing ANNOYING. Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake made fun of it really well, and it gets mocked on @Midnight on comedy central in games.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1392233986|3613729 said:
aviastar|1392232612|3613715 said:

Hashtags are supposed to be "searchable tags" on twitter. What they are now is F'ing ANNOYING. Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake made fun of it really well, and it gets mocked on @Midnight on comedy central in games.

I'm glad that they are annoying. Something has to be!

And you're not old. I'm going to be 26 this month and even when I was a kid and the video games/computers/dvd players were coming out I hated them. Wish someone had told me how important this stuff was going to be in the future.

Wait-they had me on a keyboard in 4th grade and computer classes were apart of the requirements. I guess they did in a round about way :knockout:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Guilty. Though when I do post selfies, I try to avoid the crazy duck face pictures in the mirror where you can see the phone. That has cheesy written all over it-at least I have SOME standards. ;))

katharath

Ideal_Rock
No, I don't do selfies. It's good to hear that I'm not the only one who hates hashtags; dear lord, they are SO ANNOYING to me.

I am also in my early 30s...but I've always heard from friends/family that I act like an old lady, lol.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
ame|1392215387|3613517 said:
I don't, usually. I do have one friend who is like...obsessed with posting selfies. Her FB, her Instagram...dear lord, it's like selfie city. If she isn't getting a million likes or positive comments though, it's an unholy meltdown though. So I wouldn't say that her self esteem is great. Occasionally--and I do mean OCCASIONALLY--there will be one with her children included, or a random NON selfie, but I think everything on that page is a selfie with exception of like 3 things. And it's almost like a selfie an hour. It's absurd.

I do them on my blog with reviews. But I've gotten a lot of outfit post requests, and since I feel like a whale, I haven't obliged that request yet. So maybe I will have to start doing that. I apologize to anyone that sees those in advance.

I can't speak for your friend, but I'm sure that my DS isn't suffering from self esteem issues. In fact he really thinks he's quite adorable, and he isn't doing it for comments or 'likes' either. He posts funny pictures, silly pictures, pictures that he thinks make him look 'cool' or handsome, he even posts photos that he thinks make him look odd and unappealing...again because he thinks it's funny or interesting. He's just being himself and doesn't really care what people say or think. I think it's empowering. ;))

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I have posted 2 selfies in my entire life, but total selfies that are taken and stored on my phone, about 30!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would, but unfortunately I look like I'm 90 years old in them! :angryfire: When the heck did my face start falling off? ;( :cheeky:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
no I would break too many cameras taking my pic!
:mrgreen:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I am a big selfie-on-holidays taker. Not so much at other times, but occasionally. I've gotten pretty good at making sure both DH and I are in my self-taken masterpieces. :))

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1392231909|3613708 said:
Dancing Fire|1392222771|3613586 said:

+1

+2
Plus I'm just too private a person.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally do not like having my pictures taken, therefore, I don't do selfies.

However, there are plenty about of my dog while he went on camping trips with me! :lol:

DK :))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yes--hand, wrist and neck selfies for PS!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results