shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you need to report not at fault accidents to insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I''m switching car insurance because Geico is mega expensive. Progressive is offering me a policy for $300 less. Anyway, I called Geico to let them know I''m switching and she said

Did you tell them about your not at fault accident in 2007? Maybe that''s why its less.

The accident happened when I was making a left hand turn and the woman was making a right (FL can make right on red). She slammed right into my car and it was determined that it was her fault.

Anyway, I thought you didn''t have to mention that to the insurance companies? It''s not even on my record.
33.gif

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn''t assume you would have to mention that but, then again, I''m not an insurance agent. Seems silly to have to tell them that since you''re not at fault.

Insurance can be confusing though. So I''m sure someone else will have a much better and more accurate answer than mine.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I just switched to Progressive as well!!! LOL!!!
36.gif
36.gif
This is getting freaky!! Hah!!

PS: GEICO was ridiculous!! They are so incredibly expensive.

Anyway, to answer your question. Yes, you do need to disclose not at fault accidents. When you get to the end, they will run your DL number, and they will come up on their report anyway, and will be factored into your rate. I forgot about one and the initial rate they quoted me went up like $12/month after they ran my number. So enter them when they ask, or they will just come up later.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
HAHA Meresal!

I loved Geico but they were way too expensive. I usually pay the 6 month premium all at once to take advantage of the discount but dang Geico is way too expensive.

I remember when I first purchased my car, I was setting up the insurance while with the salesman (who was awesome BTW) and I told them about the accident (it had happened like 2 days prior). When I got off the phone he says to me "never, ever tell them about not at fault accidents, they don''t need that info." So that''s why I''m wondering.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
If you are planning on doing it online, which I did... then they will come up on your driving report no matter what. Like I said, they (Progressive) run a report at the end that pulls it all up anyway. They only ask you for "not at fault" accidents in the last couple years though (maybe 3 I think)

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
When I got my first insurance in my name, not my parents'', I had to give them a previous address so they could look up my record in the other state. Mine was clean, but they said "who is Julie?" and I said "oh, that''s my mom... she probably shows up a lot..." because she''d been having a string of accidents. They said "yeah, I doubt we''d insure her!" I laughed for a while. What I thought was especially funny was my mom''s insistence that I needed to get my own insurance to save her money... without me (and my car) on the policy, her rates went UP $40 a month! She''s still kicking herself.
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results