carat
color
clarity

Do You Miss Childhood Friends?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1439111808|3912676 said:
Missy, thanks. You've been through a lot. I hope you're feeling better? I read some of your thread one night several months ago and started crying. I read the beginning (I have a lot of empathy for people suffering with broken bones- let's just say I've seen it and the effects it can have up close and personal- including watching a loved one break a bone a few feet from me) so I skipped ahead to find the outcome, and found you had a new dilemma. I'm sorry I didn't say anything. I was overwhelmed. I couldn't give advice. I didn't want to interrupt. I should have said something. You were in my thoughts and prayers. You are one of the nicest people. You deserve only good things in your life. I haven't bèen able to read or post here very often for about three years but you can see I'm still very attatched to this place and I am remiss in not catching up with you. Hugs!

Hi Danny! I am doing well, thank you for asking and for caring. You are so kind. Thank you so much for all your good wishes and for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. I cannot express enough how much this means to me.

Please do not apologize for not posting. Just the fact that you were thinking of me and sending good thoughts my way is what matters and I felt all the good wishes from my PS friends and it made a big difference to my recovery. It kept me emotionally and mentally strong being able to share my journey here and knowing others cared what happened to me and were wishing me well. Thank you for that. (((HUGS))) to you.

I am also thinking of you and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and wishing only the best for you as well. I am so sorry for all you have been through and know that others care for you and want good things for you always. Losing a mother is one of the most traumatic things that can happen and I am so sorry. Be kind to yourself and allow yourself to feel what you are feeling Danny.

Sending much love and many hugs your way and if there is every anything I can do for you please please do not hesitate to ask. You can contact me through Loupe Troop and believe me when I say I do not make empty offers or promises. I mean it from my heart. I am here for you even if you just want to chat.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Missy, Thank you. What is Loupe Troop?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
Apparently I make friends easily, especially in recent years. I enjoy friendship from every stage of my life.

My closest friend, whom I met when I was 12, and I, have one of those friendships that endure weeks/months of separation with only the odd phone call or email and then will be wonderful as ever when we finally see each other. Due to a serious health crisis of hers, however, this sadly has changed. Her very large immediate family is loving and extra supportive of her during her recent battles and she has little time left over to socialize or visit. Her memory is not quite as sharp and keen as it once was neither and now she has significant mobility issues. Needless to say, I miss her and we still find time to connect whenever possible, but I miss her very, very, much. (Okay thanks for letting me vent that!)

I have best friends that I made when I was home raising my kids but my most comfortable and warmest connections are with 5 ladies who come from the same small town I grew up in, and who I met when I was around 12 or 13. We bonded more in High School and I ended up being roommates with 1 in College. We have been having a girls' weekend every year since we graduated - more than 30 years. And more recently we started hosting dinners with our spouses as well. Some travel from far to attend the weekends and the dinners. I can honestly say these ladies are a very special part of my life. I cannot imagine one of them not supporting me when I need it. Our lives are busy and not always happy but they have hearts of gold and they are strong, smart, decent women. I am blessed. I don't have to miss childhood friends because many are still part of my life.

I am feeling a little weepy today. Sorry for sounding sappy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results