shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you make plans via phone or email?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just curious. When you make plans to get together with friends, do you generally make the plans by conversing by email or talking on the phone? Or do you discuss initial plans by email and then confirm by phone?

Seems like plans by phone is a dying art.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emails, then come the day, just a phone call to confirm the time and meeting place

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
e-mail...seems easier when planning things with multiple people.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Both. I really like making plans in person and following up on the phone, though. But big group things are much easier to do over e-mail. We had a pot luck team meeting, and the captains sent out an e-vite where you could RSVP and pick a dish to bring, so we knew who was coming and what kind of food they were bringing! That was great...

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Text.
Text.
Text.
Then we might call each other to see if the other one is there, actually there''s a lot of texting involved for that too.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate the phone, and I avoid it at all costs.

Email and Text. Email if it''s multiple people and I''m trying to arrange something during work hours.

Text if its just one person or more short notice.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Text and email! Elle, I''m with you, I HATE the phone too.

April20

Ideal_Rock
If we're only coordinating plans with a few people, we use email. Any more than a couple of people to email and we use Facebook or Evite. We usually text message reminders. It's just too hard too coordinate plans with multiple people via phone.

We formed a ethnic food dinner club with a group of friends a few months ago. We decide the night of the dinner who's picking the next month's restaurant and a date. The person responsible then text messages everyone a week or two before to confirm the reservation time and the name it's in. We have 10-14 people in the group and this system is working really well so far. We've used this system about 5 times.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
IM and text usually. I hate the phone. I mostly talk to my mom, dad, and DH on the phone, but everyone else is IM, email, and text.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
E-mail to make the plans. Then call the day of to confirm.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad to hear that others hate the phone, too. I avoid the phone if I can. I much prefer e-mail or text. I often feel bad because many people prefer voice-to-voice talk and complain that it is dying.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Mainly through email. Occasionally through texts to adjust at the last minute, when needed.

Can''t remember the last time I''ve made plans using the phone, which is kinda crazy.

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Email or text, because then it is all saved and recorded if I forget what time we arranged!

I''m also a phone-hater because it is just so INTRUSIVE. It''s like turning up at someone''s house unannounced, so they have to drop everything and attend to you. Whereas with an email, you can answer it at your leisure. I also hate having to answer the phone when I know it''s going to be for someone else - I''m not your answering machine!

And the stupid RINGING noise it makes!

Plus I hate my phone voice.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
e-mail. You will find me more in my e-mail than in my cell
41.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
hate talking on the phone! i txt and email...for those who dont have either, i have to call
38.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Usually text. Occasionally phone.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In order of frequency:
1. email
2. text
3. phone

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Either one. I love chatting on the phone but some of my friends aren''t phone people. For them, I send them an e-mail to confirm plans.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
More often facebook or e-mail then I will use the phone.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 4:07:06 PM
Author: LilyKat
Email or text, because then it is all saved and recorded if I forget what time we arranged!

I''m also a phone-hater because it is just so INTRUSIVE. It''s like turning up at someone''s house unannounced, so they have to drop everything and attend to you. Whereas with an email, you can answer it at your leisure. I also hate having to answer the phone when I know it''s going to be for someone else - I''m not your answering machine!

And the stupid RINGING noise it makes!

Plus I hate my phone voice.
So many hate the phone!!!

See, I do not see it as an intrusion because I simply do not answer if I''m busy. I call back when I get a chance. It''s against the law to talk on the phone in my state, anyway, so often I cannot answer because of that. Most still talk on the phone while driving and a ticket is only issued if a person is pulled over for another reason. . .but still, what if I have a back headlight out?

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
It''s email all the way for my friends and I. However, when making plans with my fam, it''s always on the phone

It''s just so much easier for my friends and I to do email because almost all of them check their emails everyday, and will reply right away. With family, phone is easier because some go weeks without checking emails.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Another phone-hater here! Email all the way. I''d like to text, but I don''t have a texting plan, so I have to pay for each message. I try to keep my texting to a minimum because of that.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Either in person (see them at school during drop off) or email. I rarely call to make plans. I will even text now and then

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I rarely use my phone. Usually just to speak with my parents, confirm an appointment, or connect in the event there''s a misconnection. Everything else is done via email. I live for email!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Hmmn...does Facebook count as email?

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 2:34:05 PM
Author: elledizzy5
I hate the phone, and I avoid it at all costs.

Email and Text. Email if it''s multiple people and I''m trying to arrange something during work hours.

Text if its just one person or more short notice.
Me too!

I usually suggest things over text and confirm with a detailed email about plans/meeting places.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results