shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you like what this guy did with Beethoven?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do.
... surprising though to see at The Kennedy Center.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do
Even if I didn't, music is meant to be explored, to be reinvented thru the artist. I'll always appreciate that, even when the artist's interpretation isn't in my particular taste.

DutchJackie

Rough_Rock
I like it too!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loved it!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I enjoyed it a great deal!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incredible! Stirs my soul, thanks for sharing this with us Kenny

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
I like it!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like he’s given the Moonlight Sonata the Mannheim Steamroller treatment.

I’d be very surprised if Mannheim Steamroller has never played at the Kennedy Center - though they might have been there as a special, rather than part of a concert series.

I like his interpretation but, like Mannheim Steamroller, in small doses. I’d prefer the original for frequent listening (and I do like this artist’s “unadorned” interpretation of the Moonlight Sonata at the beginning of the performance.)

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I thought it was great, with the exception of a small section that had too much dissonance for me.

Many years ago I heard a piece of music on the radio and It was so beautiful I wanted to know what it was. Twenty yrs later I heard it again with the title. I was shocked to learn it was Beethoven, who was not my favorite composer. I was and am Chopin all the way. But now I wish this piece to be played at my funeral. Kenny, could you please post this on here so you can all hear it before I die. It is called Pathetique, the second movement, the Adagio Cantabile. I adore the whole Sonata, but the Adagio Cantabie is my favorite part. In fact I have been listening to it lately and thought this fellow took some of the stye from the first and third movement in the Sonata(eft hand scales.)
I don't know how to do this, so if you were inclined, please put it on for me.

Annette

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
thanks so much bonfire. This is the rehearsal. So, you all can imagine you were at my funeral. Well, obviously I love the piece and now you all know something personal about me. I plan ahead.

Annette

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MAGNIFICENT!
I absolutely love classical music. Thanks so much!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,
thanks so much bonfire. This is the rehearsal. So, you all can imagine you were at my funeral. Well, obviously I love the piece and now you all know something personal about me. I plan ahead.

Annette

I hope you have many decades left…❤️

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@smitcompton, I hope you know that many of your posts have brightened my and I’m sure other’s here day. I love hearing your opinions and your sense of humor. It’s my hope that you will be here for many many more years.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results