shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you like inclusions in stones?

Do you like inclusions in your gemstones

• No, because I''d get all freaky and weird if they''re in my stones and just don''t find them to be

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes, but only in stones where having an inclusion makes the stone more valuable with than without

• No, because stones are supposed to be clean as possible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arcadian needs to stop being crazy and making polls so early in the morning.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A fun little poll. I know we had an inclusion thread somewhere didn''t we? (I know I know, use the search! *LOL*)

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are so many answers to this question that I don’t think I can vote.

Here are my reasons:
1. I like inclusions that make an interesting pictures or pattern, so I could answer #1.
2. Certain stones like a demantoid are more valuable with the horsetail inclusions than without, so I could answer #2. Not to mention some bubbles or rutile needles give some stones a sleepy look which can enhance the look of a gemstone giving it a soft velvety look, not to mention barely any extinction.
3. Depending on the gemstone, I also like the stone to be eye clean, thus #3,

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I like inclusions when they are barely noticible but they bring the price of an otherwise gorgeous colored stone down so I can afford it.
9.gif

For example, my unheated, untreated, slightly included big blue aqua.

Included Aqua7254.JPG

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
hehe..flygirl...
1.gif
..it gives stones character..you knoiw what my father always said about character........

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
I like inclusions in diamonds but not in colored gems. I think it''s because diamonds are so interchangeable that I like having a little birthmark to tell mine apart, but colored gems are already unique in the exact hue they show (and sometimes variables like zoning, color changes under different lights, etc.) so I don''t feel like I need that for mine to be unique. If I have a green tourmaline with just a thread of yellow at 11 o'' clock, it''s already the only stone like that in the world. It doesn''t need an extra birthmark to be special.

That said, sometimes there are inclusions that add to the stone''s beauty -- rutile needles and crystal inclusions are my favorites -- so those are nice for their own sake.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I voted for "Arcadian needs to stop being crazy and making polls so early in the morning. " because it was funny
16.gif

I prefer no inclusions visible to the naked eye it seems judging by what I gems I think are nice etc....but I would take a top color with a visible inclusion over an ok color and flawless.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 12:52:20 PM
Author: amethystguy
hehe..flygirl...
1.gif
..it gives stones character..you knoiw what my father always said about character........
I don''t know your father, but I''ll betcha my mother said exactly the same thing about character...
9.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/21/2009 2:02:34 PM
Author: Deia
I voted for ''Arcadian needs to stop being crazy and making polls so early in the morning. '' because it was funny
16.gif

I prefer no inclusions visible to the naked eye it seems judging by what I gems I think are nice etc....but I would take a top color with a visible inclusion over an ok color and flawless.

25.gif
It was a lazy friday at work (and nobody did much of anything) *lol* I love hearing thoughts on inclusions. I''m starting to appreciate them for a lot of reasons.

Though there are some that are beautifully enhanced by them too.
37.gif
I got my eye on some strawberry quartz right now.

-A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results