shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have diamonds that you haven't posted to PS? Why not?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Do you have diamonds that you haven't posted to PS? Why

Sometimes I don't out of laziness, but sometimes no matter what I do, I cannot accurately photograph them in which case, I would not post them.

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock

For privacy/security reasons. I've actually recognized some PS'ers IRL. An extremely nice woman :wavey: came up to me and thought she recognized my set--but different screen person.

I was going to at one point. My pics don't come out as nice as those posted on PS. I tried improving the pics and, between us, ended up injuring myself :o So I took that as a sign.

Also, for many of the reasons already posted.

Laila, I think your pieces are lovely. Sometimes, I just miss some posts.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

I have a total of 17 PS quality loose stones between 32 and 83 points, plus a bunch of colored stones. I don't bother posting them because...

A. Most of them are Stateside, and I'm not.

B. My connection here sucks to much to post many pics.

C. I'm too lazy.

D. Even when I'm not being lazy, I just don't have the time over here.

E. Who really gives a rat's ass about loose rocks? Except the owner, of course! :lol: :lol:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

sweet_blossom|1399657987|3669137 said:
For privacy/security reasons. I've actually recognized some PS'ers IRL. An extremely nice woman :wavey: came up to me and thought she recognized my set--but different screen person..
Wow the pieces must be very unique. My stuff is fairly generic so I doubt someone can link it to me when seen IRL.

I support the suggestion that some subforums, especially Hangout, should be restricted like Preloved to members only.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

baby monster|1399661276|3669169 said:
For privacy/security reasons. I've actually recognized some PS'ers IRL. An extremely nice woman :wavey: came up to me and thought she recognized my set--but different screen person..
Wow the pieces must be very unique. My stuff is fairly generic so I doubt someone can link it to me when seen IRL.

I support the suggestion that some subforums, especially Hangout, should be restricted like Preloved to members only.
Maybe for members with over 1,000 posts?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1399662267|3669179 said:

Maybe for members with over 1,000 posts?
1000 is high but some min number of posts is a good idea.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Pure laziness.

cheers--Sharon

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock

I have more than 5 old cut diamonds sitting at home. I just cannot seem to photograph them well with my phone camera.

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock

oops

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock

Wow the pieces must be very unique..

The few times it was because of non-round with something special about setting/size/band/other piece combo.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock

I used to have what I thought was an enviable collection of jewellery. Since the beginning of the recession in 2008 +/- I have sold most of my gold, my mediocre pieces (mostly gemstone rings) and a few odds and ends for pennies on the dollar and a stinky attitude from the buyer. :(( He criticized everything I showed him. Finally, I got rid of him and would never 'work' with him again. :angryfire:

I still have my 'premium pieces' which I'm trying to hang on to until they could be gifted to my granddaughters. My pieces will NOT go to my daughter nor my daughter-in-law for personal reasons.

Since before my diagnosis with breast cancer, my daughter claims to have wanted to be free of me for many years. My reaction is to remind her that she has been legally free to go her own way since she was 18. Why is she still here? She's 50 now.

When our son married, I loved my daughter-in- law until she developed a feeling of superiority to the rest of the family. On what basis is my question?? Solely that she married our son who is definitely a keeper.

The granddaughters are wonderful. The older girl is 18 and just finished her first year of university. She is the 'light of my life'.

The younger girl is 13 and a real sweetheart. DH and I were blocked from her life until the cancer diagnosis when she and her mom came up for Sunday lunch on four occasions. I was able to attend three.

So the skeletons are out of the closet.

One more thing, Mother's Day is Sunday,and DH and I usually host it. Why is it our turn for forty years? I brought that topic up a couple of years ago, but nothing changed so this year, actually a couple of weeks ago, I e-mailed each family announcing just that so that they can do whatever they want.

DH and I celebrated with a lovely dinner for two yesterday!!! :appl: :appl: :wavey:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have a few frozen spit nightmares that I haven't posted because I didn't choose them and can't stand to look at them. I plan to trade them in for something I want if I don't get laughed out of the store.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have a new OEC that I haven't posted because it's for a special occasion and is awaiting it's custom setting.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

No, please do not tie in number of posts to what we can and cannot see on PS. Some of us who have been here the longest have the least amount of posts. (Posting in the old days was scary, imo). Also look at Target and other big retail stores who were were hacked. I doubt any measure PS could come up with would prevent a dedicated hacker.

IMO, posting pictures of your jewelry on the Internet is no big deal. It is people who post their real name, address, and pictures of themselves and their families and their homes who should be more concerned.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock

I have a reset of earrings that I haven't posted out of laziness. Getting a good clear earlobe shot is difficult so I haven't tried again.

Main reason is I don't have any new diamonds/jewelry to post and I feel seeing new pics of my current pieces will bore people or look like I'm bragging, which I wouldn't be.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

UrsTx|1399730282|3669660 said:
I have a reset of earrings that I haven't posted out of laziness. Getting a good clear earlobe shot is difficult so I haven't tried again.

Main reason is I don't have any new diamonds/jewelry to post and I feel seeing new pics of my current pieces will bore people or look like I'm bragging, which I wouldn't be.

UrsTx, I understand what you mean and this almost (note I say almost) prevents me from posting a lot on PS but it doesn't because PS is the place to share these things. We all get vicarious enjoyment from seeing other people's beautiful bling otherwise we wouldn't be here! So please know that and don't worry that others will think you are bragging. Those people are not PSers cause we want, no we *need* to see the bling!!!! Show us the bling! :love: :appl:

Pretty please. :halo:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

UrsTx|1399730282|3669660 said:

UrsTx, your wedding set is one of my favs on PS, IMO you haven't posted enough pics of it LOL! Don't forget about the Shameless Showoff thread, you can post there with no worries. I do :cheeky:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

minousbijoux|1399654633|3669115 said:
Sometimes I don't out of laziness, but sometimes no matter what I do, I cannot accurately photograph them in which case, I would not post them.

ditto.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Andelain|1399660883|3669160 said:
I have a total of 17 PS quality loose stones between 32 and 83 points, plus a bunch of colored stones. I don't bother posting them because...

A. Most of them are Stateside, and I'm not.

B. My connection here sucks to much to post many pics.

C. I'm too lazy.

D. Even when I'm not being lazy, I just don't have the time over here.

E. Who really gives a rat's a$$ about loose rocks? Except the owner, of course! :lol: :lol:

I do, I do! :wavey:

4_cs

Shiny_Rock

I have very few diamonds.I would post them all if I could take a decent picture. I can take better pictures of my dog. Maybe I can take pictures of my dog wearing jewelry. I love colored stones and find the group over there very friendly and willing to share their knowledge.

Ninna

Shiny_Rock

Yes. Security, criticism and do-not-copy-me issue :wavey:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Ninna|1399912476|3671060 said:

I considered that with my pendant, because it's 100% my own idea and design, but couldn't not show it off.

psproot12

Shiny_Rock

Every time I see some stunning piece on PS, I can't fault it... but I read the comments are it'll be like: "lovely stone, but way too shallow for my taste" or "Very yellowish, clarity's not great either. I would've passed". I mean come on people! Keep your rude comments to yourself unless

1. You feel like they were ripped off.
2. This is actually important advice they should know.
3. It's a real issue with the stone (i.e. indication of treatment when they thought to be untreated, etc.), not just a preference thing.
4. People ASKED for criticism!

I bought a bad stone recently and thanks to the advice of people PS, I was able to return it for a 90% refund. I'm still very appreciative of that, but there is also unnecessary criticism, especially on sentimental and meaningful pieces!

psproot12

Shiny_Rock

Security? Not to be rude and say this isn't a reasonable concern but I don't think you have too much to worry about. PS is a trustworthy site, they would never disclose personal information. Also, it's not like you're posting your address and the location of your keys everytime you make a post :D

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

psproot12|1400024577|3672116 said:

Security? Not to be rude and say this isn't a reasonable concern but I don't think you have too much to worry about. PS is a trustworthy site, they would never disclose personal information. Also, it's not like you're posting your address and the location of your keys everytime you make a post :D

Security is not only a reasonable concern, but a necessary concern. The site moderators are unlikely to disclose your personal information, but that is not really the issue. The issue is your own participation on the forum, from buying jewelry through the Preloved forum which will give someone your address (and link you to your PS account if you have the same handle, or chose to disclose that yourself), participating in GTG's where you might meet others in person, posting personal pictures, participation in threads in which you disclose your geographic location, profession, your other hobbies etc. all give rise to security concerns. You can share as little or as much as you'd like, but, for posters that may be on the site for years with thousands of posts, a poster's history can give a reader (even an unregistered reader) a very personal snapshot into your life. Should you be paranoid about a break in? No, I don't think so, especially if you are even just a little guarded with your posts--but is it a possibility that your particularly gorgeous diamond or particularly unique setting might make you recognizable--certainly. There are some PS rings I love; I'd probably recognize them if I saw one of my favorites in real life. The creepy thing is, the owner/poster may not know I'm a PS'er, or that I know they're wearing VC/Leon/an AVC, etc.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IndyLady|1400028317|3672171 said:

Security is not only a reasonable concern, but a necessary concern. The site moderators are unlikely to disclose your personal information, but that is not really the issue. The issue is your own participation on the forum, from buying jewelry through the Preloved forum which will give someone your address (and link you to your PS account if you have the same handle, or chose to disclose that yourself), participating in GTG's where you might meet others in person, posting personal pictures, participation in threads in which you disclose your geographic location, profession, your other hobbies etc. all give rise to security concerns. You can share as little or as much as you'd like, but, for posters that may be on the site for years with thousands of posts, a poster's history can give a reader (even an unregistered reader) a very personal snapshot into your life. Should you be paranoid about a break in? No, I don't think so, especially if you are even just a little guarded with your posts--but is it a possibility that your particularly gorgeous diamond or particularly unique setting might make you recognizable--certainly. There are some PS rings I love; I'd probably recognize them if I saw one of my favorites in real life. The creepy thing is, the owner/poster may not know I'm a PS'er, or that I know they're wearing VC/Leon/an AVC, etc.

Yup, all of this.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

All of the jewelry I have had posted in the past are FAKES!

Ninna

Shiny_Rock

monarch64|1400028562|3672176 said:

Yup, all of this.

Thank you IndyLady and monarch for chiming in :love: I wish I could explain what an innocent picture can disclose. Cookies, flowers ok, diamonds nay :lol:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ninna|1400034545|3672255 said:
monarch64|1400028562|3672176 said:

Yup, all of this.

Thank you IndyLady and monarch for chiming in :love: I wish I could explain what an innocent picture can disclose. Cookies, flowers ok, diamonds nay :lol:

Have to be careful with the cookies & flowers too. I was about to post a picture of my herb garden the other day and realized you could see our neighbor's license plate number and house number clearly. Another time I barely caught that our house number and license plate were in the picture. One of my cats was sitting on a posting book for work.... with lots of personal client information. The list goes on!

It is amazing how much information can be in a fun picture and not even noticed unless you look for it.

Oh!
And at one of the local GTG dinners, one of the PSers was showing pictures of her dog and I recognized it from our neighborhood. She lives right around the corner from me!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

psproot12|1400023973|3672106 said:
Every time I see some stunning piece on PS, I can't fault it... but I read the comments are it'll be like: "lovely stone, but way too shallow for my taste" or "Very yellowish, clarity's not great either. I would've passed". I mean come on people! Keep your rude comments to yourself unless

1. You feel like they were ripped off.
2. This is actually important advice they should know.
3. It's a real issue with the stone (i.e. indication of treatment when they thought to be untreated, etc.), not just a preference thing.
4. People ASKED for criticism!

I bought a bad stone recently and thanks to the advice of people PS, I was able to return it for a 90% refund. I'm still very appreciative of that, but there is also unnecessary criticism, especially on sentimental and meaningful pieces!

Every time, really? I have never encountered this on a Show Me the Bling thread. Everyone here is very sweet and lovely when it comes to already purchased and loved jewelry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results