shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have any fellow LIW friends?

misscuppycake

Shiny_Rock
My best friend and I are both LIW at the same time, and lately it's all we talk about but I think it's really nice to have someone to vent/discuss with (other than just this wonderful forum of ladies).

Do you have someone in your life that you're "LIW-ing" with? Does that help or does it just spur you on even more?

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
The girl I'm going ring browsing with next Tuesday could be considered a LIW. She's been with her guy for over three years now. While we're not best friends (I know her through my ex), she's still a good friend. But just someone I see/talk to once in a blue moon kind of friend.

All my best friends are already engaged/married/divorced, except for one, and she's pretty much fallen off the map in the past few years, so I guess she doesn't really count.

So, I'm going to say that no, I don't have any IRL LIW friends. I really wish I did, though. It would certainly make things easier sometimes. :blackeye:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I have one coworker who is waiting...she has been with her bf for 5 years I think? but she is still in school. She'll be graduating this spring though, so maybe it'll happen soon. We talk about rings and stuff when we work together so she's one of the few who understand my obsession with bling lol. I have a couple other friends in professional school with me who are at this point too: one has a bf in med school who will also be graduating this year but they've been working out some issues, plus the fact that she'll be able to start working after we graduate but he will not as he wants to surgery; the other is dating someone in the class below us so it'll be another year before he graduates.

lkc84

Rough_Rock
My sisters were my fellow LIWs, but they are both engaged now. I do still call my middle sister regularly and whine, lol. She helps me through any cases of the crazies since she knows how it feels! It definitely makes it easier when someone else is in the same shoes and you can daydream and vent to someone who can relate.

Most of my other girlfriends got engaged rather quickly (together 2 years or less), or in one case, it was the guy waiting on the girl to be ready. So not fair!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Not really...my sister is kind of waiting but knows it'll be awhile so we don't really talk about it. None of my close friends are currently in that stage either (they're all either already married/engaged or not seeing anyone at all).

I don't know if it would help or not...I prefer venting/talking with you ladies! No judgement here :)

boysenberry

Rough_Rock
A couple of my friends are in longterm relationships and I wouldn't be surprised if they got engaged tomorrow, but we haven't talked about LIWness or rings much. They usually deflect when I ask, so I don't know if people are just trying to play it cool. I am guilty of that as well; even though we ordered the ring, I don't want to ruin the surprise so I kind of dismiss the "when are you getting engaged" question when people ask. I have started teaching everybody about diamonds though, because now that I have learned so much it would pain me if any of my friends got a bad ring!

Lady5

Rough_Rock
I think it definitely helps that I have other LIW in my life. It makes me feel not so crazy. I actually know quite a few. I think maybe i'm just at that age where a lot of people start getting to that point in their lives. My sister is a LIW but we don't talk about it all that much since she lives out of state. I'm thinking we will probably get engaged around the same time, which would make things sort of hectic when it comes to the actual weddings. I think having two weddings close together is sort of a pain for one family. My best friend is also a LIW but she's not ring obsessed like me. She'd be happy with a plain band and a trip to the court house. Another close friend of mine is also a LIW and thats all we seem to talk about these days. SO has a few close friends who's gf's are LIW as well. And again, I'm thinking they will all get engaged around the same time as me.

So that make a total of 5 other LIW in my life. 4 out of 5 which have the same timeline as SO and I. Should be interesting.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
boysenberry|1354822691|3324604 said:
A couple of my friends are in longterm relationships and I wouldn't be surprised if they got engaged tomorrow, but we haven't talked about LIWness or rings much. They usually deflect when I ask, so I don't know if people are just trying to play it cool. I am guilty of that as well; even though we ordered the ring, I don't want to ruin the surprise so I kind of dismiss the "when are you getting engaged" question when people ask. I have started teaching everybody about diamonds though, because now that I have learned so much it would pain me if any of my friends got a bad ring!

For me, it kinda makes it better when it's not directly "when are you getting engaged" but "have you guys thought about the future" which seems to be how my classmates/people around me want to bring it up? idk it's weird lol. Doesn't have the direct impact, but you know what they are getting at. And ditto to giving my friends wayyyy more info than they ever wanted to know! I can speak at the speed of light when they get me started on it, so they know to let me speak my piece :bigsmile:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Nope!

My friends are either married/about to be, dating with no intention of marriage, or unattached. I never had the chance to commiserate LIW-style with a friend, because none of them 'waited'. But hello, I found you ladies! :appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1354827043|3324688 said:
Nope!

My friends are either married/about to be, dating with no intention of marriage, or unattached. I never had the chance to commiserate LIW-style with a friend, because none of them 'waited'. But hello, I found you ladies! :appl:
Same! :wavey:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
I did have one friend who was LIW with me. But, we aren't friends anymore. I don't really know exactly what happened that caused us to stop being friends. I am still her friend on FB and I know she is still waiting. It was nice to have someone to talk to about it, but she is also a bit more crazy about it than I am. At one point after we had stopped seeing/talking to each other, she actually had her cousin come and ask me questions about me and BF and what are plans were, why we were waiting, etc. :roll:

I do have my best friend, who while she isn't "waiting", knows most of my LIW status. I try not to bring it up too much so that I don't seem crazy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results