shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you find yourself coming back to the same CS types..

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, it is the case for me. I keep buying garnets (I especially love spessartites and green garnets), spinels (pink, red and purple), tourmalines (pink and green) over and over and over again.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
And oh, my recent vice, fancy yellow diamonds.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tend towards garnets, spinels, tourmalines, and sapphires.
Basically I look for things with good color, and unheated/untreated. I don't really like yellows, oranges, pinks or purples. So I have a lot of greens, blues, and reds.

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Another follower of garnets and tourmalines here, pretty much for the same reasons as others have stated. I perticulaly love the colours and diversity of them. I always thought I would be hooked on spinels but the ones I bought to 'try out' just don't do it for me. Maybe I just need to find the right one!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
EMERALDS !!!!
Aqua, Tourmaline, Garnets of Orange, Green and Pink hues, My Beloved Spinel....
I seem to trend colorwise to green / blue-green, and pinks / reds / oranges.....

Here is a picture of some of my favorites sitting on a plate..... yum :sun:
(not responsible for how PS is going to alter these colors though..... :lol: )
Ahh I see, pallid looking Emeralds, to be sure HA

RubelliteUmbaliteSpessartite 040 (Large).JPG

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Stones I like have increased since I happened upon PS. Haven't bought much in the short time I've been around -- but I prefer to buy few. Always have gone for greens, blues, purples -- tourmalines, spinels, garnets but stones I'd LIKE to buy now include morganite, yellow sapphires, heliodore, precious/imperial topaz, scapolite. Yellow diamonds, of course, but $$$. While I appreciate the beauty of red stones, never seem to want to have one, but I am on the lookout for a Mexican fire opal. Just bought a pair of rhodocrosite cabs, waiting for them to arrive; earrings in their future.

All your pictured gems are so gemmy & delicious! Love to eyeball them.

--- Laurie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results