shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you ever cry when watching movies/TV shows/commercials?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so I am a total mess and sometimes cry when a Christmas commercial comes on TV with the family looking all happy to be together and all (it''s not that I''m a *total* psycho, it''s just that I am already missing my fam this holiday season!), and am a complete WRECK if someone dies in a movie--especially if it''s a little kid!
39.gif
Meanwhile J just looks at me like I have nine heads, shakes his head and hands me some tissues. *snifflesniffle*
4.gif

So, who among you cries at movies/TV shows sometimes (or lots of times like me), and who never ever cries? And am I the only one who can get choked up during commercials or are there others out there like me?
37.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I cry at movies and tv shows all the time. I can''t help it, even some commercials make me sad. There''s an SPCA commercial on tv where they show all these poor homeless cats and dogs, and I have to change the channel when I see it because it makes me so sad. You''re def not alone on this.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Yes!
39.gif
I''m easily touched...sniff sniff.
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cry all the time........at everything. You should have seen me bawling my eyes out at Ghost Whisperer yesterday.
39.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Oh goodness, yes. For some reason, I have issues with tears and vomit. If I see someone produce either, I will follow suit.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2008 5:00:27 PM
Author: Elmorton
Oh goodness, yes. For some reason, I have issues with tears and vomit. If I see someone produce either, I will follow suit.

my feelings exactly!!

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh all the time.

They have this commercial here to give help to the animal shelter and they start with showing abused and neglected animals that get me every time.
I cried recently for a Grey''s episode where an old couple who had been together for ages had to say goodbye before the lady had brain surgery and he waited for her to come out of it but she didn''t and they took her off the respirator and the poor old thing started to pump her heart himself to keep her alive and kept saying please come back to me over and over I was a mess.
I cried like crazy during I am legend when the dog got bitten and then he had to kill her himself after he tried to save her sorry if I am wrecking the movie for anyone who hasn''t seen it.
Just giving examples that I am totally susceptible to things that pull at the heartstrings.
My FI thinks I am a bit touched in the head at times when I just go off but I can''t help it

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Even some of those commercials with cute kids and love and drama can make me cry! I am a total softy when it comes to that stuff! My kids tease me all the time about it.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
I cried yesterday when a World Wildlife Federation (WWF) commercial came on. They were talking about polar bears and how global warming is effecting their environment... I bawled like a baby! So you are not alone....

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Yes.
7.gif
I didn''t used to..but I''ve become wimpy when it comes to sad commercials, shows, and movies!
39.gif

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
OMG purselover... that SPCA commercial!!! I do the exact same thing! I hear the first few notes of the Sarah McLaughlin song and I HAVE to change the channel... that is too funny. I thought I was the only one.

There is also a new show out called Whale Wars. It is an animal rights activist group trying to stop Japanese whalers. It is very upseting and makes me teary.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2008 7:06:31 PM
Author: blueyes157
OMG purselover... that SPCA commercial!!! I do the exact same thing! I hear the first few notes of the Sarah McLaughlin song and I HAVE to change the channel... that is too funny. I thought I was the only one.

There is also a new show out called Whale Wars. It is an animal rights activist group trying to stop Japanese whalers. It is very upseting and makes me teary.
I am a donor to the ASPCA (commerical on as I write this)...because of the dog that is in the cage shaking, so scared...the first time I saw it, I joined...and I''m tempted to join for my family too...mmm, Christmas gifts maybe?

The polar bears make my cry, too.

However, Whale Wars kind of scares me...I the captain is one crazy SOB!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
yup, i am a huge softy. there is a christmas song that just hearing it makes me cry and it isnt even one of the sad ones. i cry over movies and tv all the time. and the animal commercial makes me cry every time so now i cant watch it anymore

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always been pretty emotional and would tear up at tv shows and movies, but now that I''m pregnant, it''s kind of out of control. I teared up listening to a Britney Spears song the other day
23.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
nope not I never ever ever ever nope!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2008 8:27:20 PM
Author: strmrdr
nope not I never ever ever ever nope!
LOL Karl! I haven't cried during a commerical but some really sad movies I have. Gwen it is understandable; I would miss my family too, hugs!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! If animals die I am crying like a baby. "Beaches" always gets me the worst of any movie.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, I''m a crier. I tear up at commercials, movies, reading cards in the Hallmark store, songs, anything to do with animals, etc. It used to kind of embarrass me, but I guess the older I get, the less I care what anyone else thinks about things like that! It does drive me nuts when I''m trying to find a birthday card or father''s or mother''s day card, though. Those are inevitably the times when I''ve forgotten to put Kleenex in my purse.
20.gif

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
I get choked up alllllll the time. I am so emotional it''s ridiculous and I wish I had something to blame it on but nope, it''s just me. I''ve always been like that! haha!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/15/2008 6:20:57 PM
Author: btrflygrl23
Gosh all the time.

They have this commercial here to give help to the animal shelter and they start with showing abused and neglected animals that get me every time.
Yes, me too! There is this commercial that shows all these animals and the song playing is ''I Will Remember You'' by Sarah McLachlan...good heavens, I lose it every time I see it!

Movies...all the time, even if I have seen it a few times and already know what will happen. And I have been known to cry during TV shows as well...ER especially!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Yup - I''m right there with ya! Can''t control it sometimes!

I was once at a restaurant and at the table next to us the guy proposed to his GF and I had to give it all I had not to start all-out bawling!!

But little things like commercials set me off as well..

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, count me in as another cryer! I cry during movies and TV shows. Not so much commercials unless it is some animal rights type organization where they inform me about all the sad things happening to that particular animal. Sometimes if I''m with other people I get embarassed. (maybe because I look like such a sap?)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Whew, nice to know it isn''t just me! The Christmas commercials are the new thing for me--the animal shelter commercials
39.gif
, the ''feed the children'' type commercials
39.gif
and the ''help cure cancer'' commercials
39.gif
always get me at least a bit teary-eyed! I feel a bit crazy because commercials are so short that it''s surprising to me that I can get that emotional that quickly, but it happens all the time!
6.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2008 6:56:19 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Yes.
7.gif
I didn''t used to..but I''ve become wimpy when it comes to sad commercials, shows, and movies!
39.gif

Me too! I never used to but now I''m a complete baby! I also cry if I hear any song that is going to be played at the wedding. D just wets himself laughing at me!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to.. but since I went on this medicine I don''t seem to react to things like I used to. Its all very weird!

(Gwen I replied to your post in the keeping safe on Pricescope thread...)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh, thanks for the heads-up, Maisie! I''ll go check it out right now.
35.gif

And that must feel a bit strange, to know that your medication is affecting your personality a bit, although at times I''d vastly prefer to be less teary about things! I hope it is helping you, my dear.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
All the time... Hallmark commercials sneak up on me too. FI just laughs and gives me a hug and a kiss on my forehead.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results